[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
On form he plays Blacktown but as the captain that won't happen. I said in another thread he needs to move to hooker. That Keighran from Blacktown looks a gun half-back, good organiser, good kicking game and takes good options.
Croker is NOT our issue its Chez!!!
I've said for a few years now he isn't a half, more of a 5/8 imo but he'd be a gun hooker for sure.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Kicking game was atrocious. As opposed to South’s kicking game. Schooled. Woke up this morning and first thought was “how bad is Cherry playing?” Not happy.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DCE does not look like he is playing for the team he looks like he is playing for himself. Continually over playing his hand doubling back in side with the ball whilst guys outside are wasted. His performance yesterday was the worst I’ve seen him play. I could not select him in the 17 next week he does not deserve to be there. Selecting players who play that poorly destroys the morale of the rest of the squad. Please toughen up Des it’s way overdue.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I am a DCE fan but he has not been playing well for a long time and at the moment his poor decision making is stifling our attack. He needs to be dropped. You are only as good as your last couple of games. We are on a collision course with the spoon. St George will belt us next week.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are not currently getting value for money, and haven't for a while.

But he is no where near the worst halfback in the comp.

And who do you replace him with, whilst also paying a chunk to another club if we offload him.

Fact is, we are tied to DCE for the next few years, and need to find a way to make it work.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
I felt most of the team at least improved on their performance even by a little. Except DCE
To many players playing for themselves and not the team and DCE is at the head of the table for that.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Fact is, we are tied to DCE for the next few years, and need to find a way to make it work.
And then extract the club from the Nightly Dual-Fathers era.

Our overall performances would have to lift considerably and consistently before the club decided to keep him for any longer.

susan

Bencher
Put him at hooker till Fainu or the néw boy is back. Has all the attributes to give it a go. Take some mental pressure off him and make it physical.
And although we should not have to do this with a 1.3 mill player ,as Mave said we need to find a way that works- he’s going like a busted but he needs to be in our best 17!

I could not watch DCE play reserve grade with Croker and Parker in firsts.

Also gives Shuster a two or three month run at his best position which is an investment in the future.We are light years from the top sides. It’s time there was some long term planning in this team.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
We are not currently getting value for money, and haven't for a while.

But he is no where near the worst halfback in the comp.

And who do you replace him with, whilst also paying a chunk to another club if we offload him.

This thread was started 3 years ago and we haven't made it work, what makes anyone think it's going to change?

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This thread was started 3 years ago and we haven't made it work, what makes anyone think it's going to change?
The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

We, as a club, haven't tried anything different to make it work.

Foran could be the answer, but he didn't get anywhere near enough ball yesterday for my liking....and in all honesty, when a player is getting paid 1.3mill or whatever it is, how much more "help" can we afford to give him.

manly al

First Grader
Certainly worth some consideration putting DC E at 9 but doubt that Des would do that , maybe too big a workload as well and having the highest paid player having a rest on the bench , probably not ideal. Even reverting back to half would disrupt Foz and Schuster as halves but having some arrangement with D C E , Foz and Schuster as part of the spine for a good portion of a game would have some appeal . Have already suggested it actually

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16