DCE 4-6 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I see some time without both DCE and Turbo to be the making of the team in 2019. Croker wasnt the teams saviour on the weekend and he won't be in the future. But the way the team played after DCE went down on the weekend was just that. A great team effort.

No DCE. No problem.
100% agree.

This is the difference in Hasler and Barrett. (and not just Barrett, but coaches without that hard edge mentality). Barrett sees this an excuse to fail. Hasler sees this as an excuse to stick it up peoples clackers.

No DCE doesn't mean we give up, it means we go harder. Tackle harder, run harder. And as the experts write us off.....we laugh at them as we continue to win.

Manly coach Des Hasler says that Daly Cherry-Evans has undergone surgery for his ankle injury. He believes that he will still be back within 6 weeks. @9NewsSyd

Recover well Daly!

Sheesh, surgery for a sprain! Back in my day a sprain is how they woke you up in the "get shot before noon or you're a wuss" academy.

Kids these days....!

No I agree with Sue, there won't be an appeal by Walker if he loses.
An appeal to the district court is a hearing 'do novo' only in the sense that the court will look afresh at the evidence, but the witnesses don't attend, it is run entirely by reading the transcript of what happened in the local court, and you can't call any fresh evidence without leave of the court.
Also, this case will largely turn on the credibility of the witnesses, and judges are notoriously loathe to criticise findings of the magistrates about this because the magistrate has the benefit of hearing and closely watching the witnesses give evidence.
He'll get a fair hearing and Magistrate Goodwin will make a decision, she is neither the best nor worst draw, but on penalty she won't be appealed, her bark is worse than her bite.

Yes you are correct in what you are stating, we are talking about trying and testing the evidence not bringing in witnesses again to be re-examined. Once again you are correct that leave is required to adduce fresh evidence, however, that is not an impossible task in the interests of justice, considering the narrow scope in appealing on a error of law to the Supreme Court.

Depending on the ability of the legal representative the appeal to the District Court is not always entirely run on the transcript of what occurred in the local court. The Magistrate's reasoning for the decision does not form part of the certified transcript of evidence and may/can be relied upon by the appellant, especially if the appeal is unable to proceed without the magistrate's reasoning (in conjunction with the transcript).

You seem to be in a much better position to formulate an opinion regarding Magistrate Goodwin than I, as you seem to know a bit about her. I have no idea what she is like, so long as she is fair I would assume that is all one can ask for. Sue and yourself may be correct and there is no further action by Walker, however, this is why a good legal debate is healthy.... I still believe that if Walker is found guilty he will find an avenue to appeal whether it be the District or Supreme Court.

Fair comment Urulion. But simply as a practical matter, if he does happen to lose then I'd think Walker would be best advised to look forward rather than continuing to rehash that morbid episode. He's still a very young man, and a top talent, I certainly think he's capable of turning things around, especially if he gets the right people in his corner.

I hope that DCE is not rushed in to the QLD team without having played any come-back games for the Sea Eagles.

You can just see the ankle twists in tackles if he does make it back in time. As a Manly and NSW supporter i don't want him rushed back, however the door is wide open for him to fulfil a massive career goal of his in being QLD Captain. If he misses out this time he'll never get it if it goes to Munster/Morgan

Dylan is such a talent. I think he’s better than people credit him for and he does lift our team every time he plays .... would love to see him in this tough team we are building .... but you can lead a horse to water .....

Surely it can’t be that hard with a young child , beautiful wife , a well paid career every kid dreams about to just enjoy life and play footy

Obviously not and as a club we need to get guys on 600k actually playing footy

But you are right SEA 8 I admit I’m not a fan of his antics but I hope he turns it round, especially for his wife and kids sake.

Farkin’ hell man. I wanted to have Turbo and DCE playing when we took on the Broncos. Especially Daly as he tends to pull out great performances against them.

Wish him all of the best with his recovery.

Yep. Not a place to go undermanned
The bogans always want a slice of you in Caxton Street post a victory
Can’t see us any chance of winning but I’m sure they’ll dig in as usual.

As a Manly and NSW supporter i don't want him rushed back, however the door is wide open for him to fulfil a massive career goal of his in being QLD Captain. If he misses out this time he'll never get it if it goes to Munster/Morgan

I would prefer he misses SOO 1 and maybe even 2 so he can recover 100%.

QLD lose SOO 1 & 2, DCE is called back into the QLD team and has a MOM blinder in the dead rubber. Perfect.

Tough people are not made in comfort zones

Bring on those 4 to 6 weeks on !!!

r0_0_640_360_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Yes you are correct in what you are stating, we are talking about trying and testing the evidence not bringing in witnesses again to be re-examined. Once again you are correct that leave is required to adduce fresh evidence, however, that is not an impossible task in the interests of justice, considering the narrow scope in appealing on a error of law to the Supreme Court.

Depending on the ability of the legal representative the appeal to the District Court is not always entirely run on the transcript of what occurred in the local court. The Magistrate's reasoning for the decision does not form part of the certified transcript of evidence and may/can be relied upon by the appellant, especially if the appeal is unable to proceed without the magistrate's reasoning (in conjunction with the transcript).

You seem to be in a much better position to formulate an opinion regarding Magistrate Goodwin than I, as you seem to know a bit about her. I have no idea what she is like, so long as she is fair I would assume that is all one can ask for. Sue and yourself may be correct and there is no further action by Walker, however, this is why a good legal debate is healthy.... I still believe that if Walker is found guilty he will find an avenue to appeal whether it be the District or Supreme Court.
Magistrate Michelle Goodwin is an absolute ****...good luck Dylan, you’ll most certainly need it!

All the same, how can we have an experienced NRL halfback in our roster & choose not to use him in this injury crisis? If we aren't going to call on Hodko now, we never will. He may as well be given his remaining contract cash & told don't come to work.
Or hang out with Trent ...

So looks like DCE had the tightrope repair surgery - which apparently typically has a 8-10 week recovery period.
As a reference, Foran had the same surgery 4 weeks ago and as we know is an outside chance of returning this week, well ahead of schedule.
Wonder if DCE and the club reached out to Foz for advice, as surgery wasn't looking like an option initially.

https://www.scoi.com/patient-resources/education/tightrope™-fixation-ankle-syndesmosis

All the same, how can we have an experienced NRL halfback in our roster & choose not to use him in this injury crisis? If we aren't going to call on Hodko now, we never will. He may as well be given his remaining contract cash & told don't come to work.
Unfortunately Hodko is out for two weeks with a knee injury as well

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4