DCE 4-6 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All the same, how can we have an experienced NRL halfback in our roster & choose not to use him in this injury crisis? If we aren't going to call on Hodko now, we never will. He may as well be given his remaining contract cash & told don't come to work.
I think signing Hodko last year was a mistake and was made basically because there were no other experienced halves available at the time we were looking to offload Hastings.

Great fella, extremely solid footballer in his prime, but he is not part of the future whereas Elgey, Croker and Cust are (or might be). He has a role to play around the playing group though, I just don’t see him having a role on the park.

Personally I see some time without both DCE and Turbo to be the making of the team in 2019. Croker wasnt the teams saviour on the weekend and he won't be in the future. But the way the team played after DCE went down on the weekend was just that. A great team effort.

No DCE. No problem.

I agree with this except the "No DCE. No problem."

It is a big problem for a couple of reasons:

1- He is our Captain, a natural talker, director of traffic, and a team leader. You cannot replace these skills.
2- He is our goal kicker, and last tackle option guy. He is the one the team turn to on the 5th tackle.
3- He is a fierce and commited defender. Taking him out puts a huge extra workload on the team.

Chez will be back sooner IMO

Hodko would be a steady hand in our young side.

We live in interesting times
giphy.gif

Elgey and Crocker in the halves but it may be benefital to have some with more experience such as Trent Hodkinson to be on the bench. With the loss of DCE, we lose our most creative player, our game manager and our Goal kicker and Trent may be the a good replacement. On the plus side, we get AFB back and fingers crossed Walker as well so this may take some of the impact of DCE’s loss.

I would think that if JDB wins the case ..... and then it is shown that the only reason that Walker was not named was due to an illegal restriction/suspension by the NRL ..... then the NRL would be the dumbest organisation in the world to insist on that requirement being complied with ...

Matter of fact I am 100% prepared to say that if the standing down of these players is deemed illegal ..... they will be allowed to play next week ...

To think that some minor inhouse team selection criteria of naming a team on Tuesday would override a clubs and players legal right to play is nonsensical ... please

Last edited:
No, suspended players can not be named
Is he suspended though?

I know he is 'stood down' for mental health blah blah blah - but that isn't suspended. He is on full pay and allowed to train with the team - and I assume - sit with them on the bench etc too?

Thats an honest question btw, not a challenge to your comment.

I would think that if JDB wins the case ..... and then it is shown that the only reason that Walker was not named was due to an illegal restriction/suspension by the NRL ..... then the NRL would be the dumbest organisation in the world to insist on that requirement being complied with ...

Matter of fact I am 100% prepared to say that if the standing down of these players is deemed illegal ..... they will be allowed to play next week ...

To think that some minor inhouse team selection criteria of naming a team on Tuesday would override a clubs and players legal right to play is nonsensical ... please

PSSS ... Just on this ... if overturned by the court ..... I would love to see GeenTurd standing on the court steps saying ...

"yeah but ... we lost the case but i'm still not going to let them play this week because they weren't named in the side"

I think an obvious alternative is Corker at half and Fainu at five eighth. Why Fainu? He's a good defender, strong, plays with enthusiasm and has a top class passing game which would assist the backs especially. He's a jack in the box who sets things in motion. He and Api in the same team would be hard for the opposition to handle.

I think an obvious alternative is Corker at half and Fainu at five eighth. Why Fainu? He's a good defender, strong, plays with enthusiasm and has a top class passing game which would assist the backs especially. He's a jack in the box who sets things in motion. He and Api in the same team would be hard for the opposition to handle.
I don't think Des will change a winning combination at dummy half in Fainu and Api. We have dedicated halves that can slot right in at halfback. No need to mess with our strike at hooker.

Is he suspended though?

I know he is 'stood down' for mental health blah blah blah - but that isn't suspended. He is on full pay and allowed to train with the team - and I assume - sit with them on the bench etc too?

Thats an honest question btw, not a challenge to your comment.

Yes mate suspended. By the NRL. It was kind of a big thing about seven or eight weeks ago.

So potentially
No walker
No DCE
No TT
Question marks over Api and Jorge

Anyone else I am missing?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11