[Resurrected] Darcy Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Plan on sitting on the (redeveloped) Hill in 20 years and watching the Sea Eagles go around?

Guess what? None of todays players will still be there. We'll be lucky to see a third of our current top 30 player out their careers with Manly, with the remainder likely to move on to other clubs.

We are a success and it means those that got the results are wanted by others, who are prepared to pay more than we can afford. When we were an onfield rabble less than a decade ago, we were looking at those top clubs and making plays for their better players, just as the likes of Penrith and Parramatta are towards us now.

I feel at times reading your stuff Ryan, that somebody needs to just get your attention and tell you in no uncertain terms to 'grow up'.

Show some respect, HH. You are addressing a prospective Sea Eagles board member - or future CEO?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
mickqld said:
Can I just say how nice it is not to be bombarded with s**t stirring posts from pillocks from the opposition teams supporters who have signed one of ours. Once again the dog turds have been shown up for the morons that they are.

shows parra fans are classier than dog fans

It's not that they're classier, I think they are having big issues with their coach.

Cameron said:
Ryan said:
ManlyBacker said:
I don't have any probs with watching Lussick, T-Rex or Whare doing their best in winning us another Premiership. If Tooves just dropped them for the rest of the season then I would be firstly surprised and secondly support him, but deep down I don't think it will ever come to that. They are still part of the squad and will be wanting a ring and if they bring one then I'm happy.

I remember being filthy on Shearer and Rambo (but he was easily manipulated) but I must be mellowing as I just don't find the player merry-go-round as upsetting as I used to. Of the three I am more disappointed by T-Dog going due to the time and patience we put into him.

Mate, you have every right to feel an affinity with players like Rambo & Shearer. It's what the sport's about (us vs. them mentality). The difference between those guys, and the guys leaving us now, is the difference in how long they have been with us to start with.

Your affinity isn't as strong yet.

Look, I get really upset. But it's just something I have to get used to. It's just very difficult to "know" what I'm going to be supporting. If Whare, T Williams, D Williams & Lussick are on the field at the same time, that's 25% of the team that's not going to be here next year.

Ok, I'm a stickler for loyalty, but that's probably very naive in today's game.

Then again, when a player DOES bolt, it doesn't mean I won't rant about it :)

I dunno mate, I just naturally get a disdain for these players when they get the ball now. I hate the feeling, but I just get it. Your either with us, or against us I reckon. These same very kids are going to be trying to destroy us in less than 12 months time.

I just don't like it, but I'm just going to have to live with it.
Funny tha Ronnie Gibbs wasn't even at manly 3 seasons and signed mid year in 87 to leave yet was a major part of that premiership.

Loyalty is dead players can't afford to be loyal to a club because a club can't be loyal in return because of salary cap restraints. Steve Menzies is a perfect example.

I hate the loyalty is dead thing that people always say

To me that is a slap in the face for the likes of Watmough, Matai, King etc as examples at our club and there are those types at every club

Sure, not as common as days gone, but there are still guys around

It was mentioned in another thread on here that the Eels signed Lussick for $450K! If that's right then you can't blame him for taking the cash.

Hinchcliffe reportedly knocked back an offer of $300,000 a season from Parra to stay with Melbourne for way less.
I wonder if Darcy has taken note. Hinchcliffe was smart enough to realise that joining Parra is the death of a RL career, and that sticking with a strong club is worth a lesser paycheck.

The Who said:
Hinchcliffe reportedly knocked back an offer of $300,000 a season from Parra to stay with Melbourne for way less.
I wonder if Darcy has taken note. Hinchcliffe was smart enough to realise that joining Parra is the death of a RL career, and that sticking with a strong club is worth a lesser paycheck.

Just the bank notes.

mickqld said:
I'd say about 10 or 12 other teams wouldn't mind having
Snake
Matai
Lyon
Foran
DCE
Gift
Choc
Ballin
as their core playing group.

I suspect at least the current top 7 teams would disagree with you.

The salary cap has its + and -'s. The players arent at fault for taking more money with other clubs.

In the case of T Rex, our team is dominated by Australian backrowers on massive dollars, the Bulldogs team isnt. If the Bulldogs can offer something we cant how is that Tony Williams' fault?

Dean Whare couldnt be guaranteed a starting centre position with Manly because we have 2 world class centres already, again if Penrith can offer Dean something Manly cant, how is that Dean's fault?

And in regard to players "biding their time". If anyone honestly believes that Whare, Lussick and T-Rex go out onto that field and dont give 100% then you are kidding yourself. The amount of effort/workload/years that these blokes put into getting where there are comes from a competitive nature that is second to none. They dont go out there to lose, its simply not in their make up.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Lussick is a liability and will probably miss a few weeks. Off to the eels you go.

Lussick is a liability and will probably miss a few weeks. Off to the eels you go.

Only saw one replay, But if it is bad as it looked in the first glance. He should be suspended for a good period of time. That kind of low act tarnishes the clubs image.
We got towelled up in the penalty count, but you expect that when you are away from home, and your discipline is rubbish. Penalty counts don’t have to be even.

Only saw one replay, But if it is bad as it looked in the first glance. He should be suspended for a good period of time. That kind of low act tarnishes the clubs image.
We got towelled up in the penalty count, but you expect that when you are away from home, and your discipline is rubbish. Penalty counts don’t have to be even.

Funnily swoop I thought he had a good game overall. His first penalty was a joke and he does some silly things but he got us going forward. I saw some real potential tonight but I guess the jury is still out on whether he can get away from being a JWH.

Funnily swoop I thought he had a good game overall. His first penalty was a joke and he does some silly things but he got us going forward. I saw some real potential tonight but I guess the jury is still out on whether he can get away from being a JWH.

Just seemed a crazy thing to do. it looked like a cocked elbow into the other guy's head.

Also cant be convinced that if he is out for a few weeks that that will hurt us any.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8