[Resurrected] Darcy Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
mozgrame said:
voicefromthehill said:
Shoe1 said:
Please give us some more detail voice from the hill? What did you say, what did he say etc?

ps I am outstripping you in # of posts

It is more to do with the way he answered a question - and specifically tone of voice and body language. As I say it could well be a "who is this numb nuts?" reaction, but just a read I got.

And hell whats the harm of a bit of speculation - there's not enough of it going on here I reckon ;)

You should be a detective!!
Who's to say I'm not :dodgy:

mmmdl said:
Ryan said:
Players come and players go. I'm sure you had no problems when we signed the likes of Kite, Orford, Bell (all integral parts of the 2008 win and all signed in the previous few seasons from other clubs).

Had a huge problem with the re-signing of Kite a) for the length and b) dollar wise.

Should've offloaded him and kept the Dallai

mickqld said:
Can I just say how nice it is not to be bombarded with s**t stirring posts from pillocks from the opposition teams supporters who have signed one of ours. Once again the dog turds have been shown up for the morons that they are.

shows parra fans are classier than dog fans

eagles2win said:
mmmdl said:
Ryan said:
Players come and players go. I'm sure you had no problems when we signed the likes of Kite, Orford, Bell (all integral parts of the 2008 win and all signed in the previous few seasons from other clubs).

Had a huge problem with the re-signing of Kite a) for the length and b) dollar wise.

Should've offloaded him and kept the Dallai

the resigning, sure maybe. But I'm talking the original signing.

Plus, he hasn't turned out too bad, part of another premiership winning team. I'll take that for whatever it cost us anyday of the week.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
mickqld said:
Can I just say how nice it is not to be bombarded with s**t stirring posts from pillocks from the opposition teams supporters who have signed one of ours. Once again the dog turds have been shown up for the morons that they are.

shows parra fans are classier than dog fans

No Internet in parra.

Parra have bigger problems right in front of their faces right now that really need their attention, could you imagine the arguments if their fans came trolling on this site?

"Results on the field have been tough to come by this year but what's positive for us is a young man like Darcy Lussick, who had the opportunity to play at a number of other NRL clubs, has chosen to come here and is genuinely excited about what we're doing here," Kearney said.".....He must be easily excited.:D

How happy must Lussick be after watching Parra play last night. He is joining the biggest losers in the competition.

Moondog said:
"Results on the field have been tough to come by this year but what's positive for us is a young man like Darcy Lussick, who had the opportunity to play at a number of other NRL clubs, has chosen to come here and is genuinely excited about what we're doing here," Kearney said.".....He must be easily excited.:D

Short term financial gain is obviously more important to him than a long term football career or any chance of playing in finals and rep games. What a shame what a waste of football talent.

I don't have any probs with watching Lussick, T-Rex or Whare doing their best in winning us another Premiership. If Tooves just dropped them for the rest of the season then I would be firstly surprised and secondly support him, but deep down I don't think it will ever come to that. They are still part of the squad and will be wanting a ring and if they bring one then I'm happy.

I remember being filthy on Shearer and Rambo (but he was easily manipulated) but I must be mellowing as I just don't find the player merry-go-round as upsetting as I used to. Of the three I am more disappointed by T-Dog going due to the time and patience we put into him.

ManlyBacker said:
I don't have any probs with watching Lussick, T-Rex or Whare doing their best in winning us another Premiership. If Tooves just dropped them for the rest of the season then I would be firstly surprised and secondly support him, but deep down I don't think it will ever come to that. They are still part of the squad and will be wanting a ring and if they bring one then I'm happy.

I remember being filthy on Shearer and Rambo (but he was easily manipulated) but I must be mellowing as I just don't find the player merry-go-round as upsetting as I used to. Of the three I am more disappointed by T-Dog going due to the time and patience we put into him.

Mate, you have every right to feel an affinity with players like Rambo & Shearer. It's what the sport's about (us vs. them mentality). The difference between those guys, and the guys leaving us now, is the difference in how long they have been with us to start with.

Your affinity isn't as strong yet.

Look, I get really upset. But it's just something I have to get used to. It's just very difficult to "know" what I'm going to be supporting. If Whare, T Williams, D Williams & Lussick are on the field at the same time, that's 25% of the team that's not going to be here next year.

Ok, I'm a stickler for loyalty, but that's probably very naive in today's game.

Then again, when a player DOES bolt, it doesn't mean I won't rant about it :)

I dunno mate, I just naturally get a disdain for these players when they get the ball now. I hate the feeling, but I just get it. Your either with us, or against us I reckon. These same very kids are going to be trying to destroy us in less than 12 months time.

I just don't like it, but I'm just going to have to live with it.

Our player turnover to/from other NRL sides had been pretty bloody impressive over the last 5 years. We'd be lucky to have lost/gained 10 players over that time. Compare that to some of the other NRL sides and you'll see how lucky you are Ryan to be supporting Manly. Imagine if you supported the Dogs, Souths, Parra, or Cronulla......you'd be hating on half the team each year.

This is why i just support "the club", whatever that really means.

I don't really go to much trouble to meet and chat with players as this sort of thing can happen. I'd rather just see them as a jersey with a number.

It goes both ways. A player we're wanting decapitated today could be playing for us next year. Players are merely the tribal representatives out there doing battle on our behalf. The real enemy is the other supporters. They are their club. They will never change what side they are on. These are the scum to really hate on. The players are doing a job in playing against us but it's these bastards that put them up to it. All anger & hostility should be directed at enemy fans as that is the real battle. What happens on the field isjust the public demonstration of it.

Ryan said:
ManlyBacker said:

Mate, you have every right to feel an affinity with players like Rambo & Shearer. It's what the sport's about (us vs. them mentality). The difference between those guys, and the guys leaving us now, is the difference in how long they have been with us to start with.

Your affinity isn't as strong yet.

Look, I get really upset. But it's just something I have to get used to. It's just very difficult to "know" what I'm going to be supporting. If Whare, T Williams, D Williams & Lussick are on the field at the same time, that's 25% of the team that's not going to be here next year.

Ok, I'm a stickler for loyalty, but that's probably very naive in today's game.

Then again, when a player DOES bolt, it doesn't mean I won't rant about it :)

I dunno mate, I just naturally get a disdain for these players when they get the ball now. I hate the feeling, but I just get it. Your either with us, or against us I reckon. These same very kids are going to be trying to destroy us in less than 12 months time.

I just don't like it, but I'm just going to have to live with it.
Funny tha Ronnie Gibbs wasn't even at manly 3 seasons and signed mid year in 87 to leave yet was a major part of that premiership.

Loyalty is dead players can't afford to be loyal to a club because a club can't be loyal in return because of salary cap restraints. Steve Menzies is a perfect example.

Ryan said:
He'll be packing shelves at Woollies by the time his contract expires.

Just one of the many bitter, petty posts on here that annoy the sh!t out of me. Ffs it is a professional game and we are talking about player's livelihoods.

Some of you mugs sound like Souths and Dogs supporters to me.

Or maybe Bears.

Chip and Chase said:
Our player turnover to/from other NRL sides had been pretty bloody impressive over the last 5 years. We'd be lucky to have lost/gained 10 players over that time. Compare that to some of the other NRL sides and you'll see how lucky you are Ryan to be supporting Manly. Imagine if you supported the Dogs, Souths, Parra, or Cronulla......you'd be hating on half the team each year.

Yep, very valid point. Maybe I'm just naive (and one-eyed/bias I guess) enough to think that players would prefer to be in our demographic (beaches), and our culture.

It's probably just a lack of understanding on my behalf of the inner sanctum of a players career and prospects.

I do feel very proud and lucky to be a fan of this team - that's for sure. I had a wall of fame at Chatswood (Bank), where I's collected every Manly picture I could (generally one every day for two years from Manly SDaily and Telegraph) and stuck it to this wall. Actually, our Business Centre made a game of it. Each morning I'd come in (always got in first), and would stick this tiny picture of Hoppa's (senior) head on the wall, and it would be like a where's Wally, only with Hoppa.

Around 8am each day, there would be a crew of 5-6 people searching for Hoppa's dome :)

Anyways, I want to not care when players leave, and just can't STOP caring to be honest, and it takes away from the game for mine. There needs to be something done about players signing mid season.

Duff said:
This is why i just support "the club", whatever that really means.

I don't really go to much trouble to meet and chat with players as this sort of thing can happen. I'd rather just see them as a jersey with a number.

It goes both ways. A player we're wanting decapitated today could be playing for us next year. Players are merely the tribal representatives out there doing battle on our behalf. The real enemy is the other supporters. They are their club. They will never change what side they are on. These are the scum to really hate on. The players are doing a job in playing against us but it's these bastards that put them up to it. All anger & hostility should be directed at enemy fans as that is the real battle. What happens on the field isjust the public demonstration of it.

Again, great points guys. But for mine, the time I enjoy sports the most is when a player kisses the emblem on their jersey. It shows there's more to it than just money. It's character, and honestly, I'm drawn to character.

That's just me though.

Frank said:
Ryan said:
He'll be packing shelves at Woollies by the time his contract expires.

Just one of the many bitter, petty posts on here that annoy the sh!t out of me. Ffs it is a professional game and we are talking about player's livelihoods.

Some of you mugs sound like Souths and Dogs supporters to me.

Or maybe Bears.

The ol' Bear routine.....Yaaaaaaaawn. Shame on you for attempting to derail an intelligent healthy discussion here. "Sound like South's and Dog's fans" :s what, are you better than them as people because you support Manly?

Come on dude, be better than The Eagle. Please.

For the record, I have stated WHY I am bitter, and I openly admit to being so. I don't cast out criticism and hide behind the wall about it. You know my stance - which may differ to yours, but thankfully, there are different types of people in the world, or it would all get very boring.

I'm very transparent.

My point about Lussick also stands, and is just an opinion. I personally believe his career prospects will not be as good at Parra, is it would be with us. Parra have gone close to killing off the careers of Poore, Shackleton, Sandow, Inu & many others.

That's just my opinion. It upsets me when we lose assets. Upsets me a lot. If that pisses you off, fair enough.

Lastly, and honestly, this is to everyone - why do most of you lack the capacity to have a good, solid, healthy debate with digressing to school-yard tactics? I have been more than guilty previously by partaking if someone unloads, but I just won't do it anymore.

Are we all just simpleton's here?

I also understand where you are coming from Ryan - and I'd love to see that Manly wall of Fame at your bank. I may even be a customer of yours and not know it.
However, from 50 years of following Manly you have to be steeled by supporting the club, not the players who move around so much. I was gutted when my idol Bobby Fulton left to play with Easts, and almost as angry when Fatty left. I can remember writing a letter threatening to cancel my membership for what I perceived was the shabby treatment of Fatty. But I got over it and supported his replacement and all the others wearing the maroon and white.
Manly is in my heart, while the players are in my memories. I thank them for so many remarkable memories, but they fade yet my heart stays strong.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8