• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
a lot of people,especially media,focus on TomT being out,but other than running up a score against the lowly Dogs,they’ve struggled all season for points even with him in the side.Id suggest they’re missing Fainu or a better no.9 than Levi more than TomT

a lot of people,especially media,focus on TomT being out,but other than running up a score against the lowly Dogs,they’ve struggled all season for points even with him in the side.Id suggest they’re missing Fainu or a better no.9 than Levi more than TomT
100% would make a massive difference.

Last year everyone was complaining about Api, as we practically never scored any points until Faniu came on. He linked so well with DCE and Turbo.

100% would make a massive difference.

Last year everyone was complaining about Api, as we practically never scored any points until Faniu came on. He linked so well with DCE and Turbo.

Yep. Not sure why but Api is a lot better at Panthers than he was with us over four years. We rarely scored with him on the field but he was ferocious in defence.I think he’s been given a green light to play eyes up footy more out west and he’s enjoying it.
But the issue is simply that Danny is not in the same class as Manase or Api.

I watched the game again and paid particular interest to Levi. He actually went quite well on the wknd. Yes, he played to Chez too often but I'm thinking that is more Chez's fault, trying to do everything. Levi has a super crisp pass (Not sure why people say his service is bad) last wknd was the first time Jake was getting the ball and giving early ball to Chez and Chez in turn giving early ball out wide. This was the most expansive footy we played all year and it came from giving early ball and having a bit of speed in the backline.
I think Levi taking wrong options is as much to do with a lack of options. I'm sure once Schuster gets going and you add Turbo, Walker and Suli back in, Levi wouldn't have to play to Chez as often. He needs to simplify his game and just use his nice wide crisp passes and let our halves do their thing.

I watched the game again and paid particular interest to Levi. He actually went quite well on the wknd. Yes, he played to Chez too often but I'm thinking that is more Chez's fault, trying to do everything. Levi has a super crisp pass (Not sure why people say his service is bad) last wknd was the first time Jake was getting the ball and giving early ball to Chez and Chez in turn giving early ball out wide. This was the most expansive footy we played all year and it came from giving early ball and having a bit of speed in the backline.
I think Levi taking wrong options is as much to do with a lack of options. I'm sure once Schuster gets going and you add Turbo, Walker and Suli back in, Levi wouldn't have to play to Chez as often. He needs to simplify his game and just use his nice wide crisp passes and let our halves do their thing.
I made the comment in the first half i thought he was playing one of his better games, exactly as you mentioned above. He did fall back into his shortcomings in the second half when he ran too often himself, kicked when he should not have, starting doing his own game plan etc.

I think when he just concentrates on giving good early ball, especially with DCE, Shuster and Tom we will go o.k, but he just lacks some footy smarts sometimes and when we have momentum will take the wrong option.

I said early in the year Robbo his service off the deck is very crisp and right on the spot. Actually better than a lot of 9s imo. He struggles with decision making quite badly tho. There are times when you just know he’s going to run and it stifles attack. I agree tho the halves need to dictate out there and demand the ball. It’s not always on Levi making the wrong call. Look I’d like an upgrade but I think he will be our 9 next year. I’m actually holding out hope that de bellin wins his court case and sues the nrl and they do away with that stupid full fault stand down rule. Tgat way MF can cone back in

Can continue to be at least efficient if he can just stick to the basics , reliable passing and service in the ruck area , eager defence and support play . Can not seem to pick his runs well so avoid them [ and just a wasted tackle and momentum killer ] and definitely no kicking . No idea what the club is presently looking at for next season at 9 ., slim hope to get Fauni back for much of next season , thought that Jason Little from the Wests Tigers was a fair player but have not seen much of him recently at all . Not an unreasonable suggestion by another poster to look at Matt Parcell again. either .

I said early in the year Robbo his service off the deck is very crisp and right on the spot. Actually better than a lot of 9s imo. He struggles with decision making quite badly tho. There are times when you just know he’s going to run and it stifles attack. I agree tho the halves need to dictate out there and demand the ball. It’s not always on Levi making the wrong call.

Yep, his decision making is the killer.
It's like he thinks he needs to run at least once every set whether it's on or not and mostly he picks the wrong time to do it.
Other times he takes a few steps forward and then passes but the the defence has already moved up on the support players so he's neither engaged the defenders nor given the first receiver any space.
He just needs to think clean ball to Chez and co and then maybe a dart here and there but not every set.
I know Croker cops it here but his decision making of counting numbers and when to run is better.

I'm still baffled by the limited amount of time he gets on the field. There's potential there, but it's hard to measure it properly because he usually gets hooked for Croker after 25 minutes or so and isn't sighted after that.

I'm still baffled by the limited amount of time he gets on the field. There's potential there, but it's hard to measure it properly because he usually gets hooked for Croker after 25 minutes or so and isn't sighted after that.
And that’s a massive improvement when that happens .......NOT

It's like he thinks he needs to run at least once every set whether it's on or not and mostly he picks the wrong time to do it.
Other times he takes a few steps forward and then passes but the the defence has already moved up on the support players so he's neither engaged the defenders nor given the first receiver any space.
He just needs to think clean ball to Chez and co and then maybe a dart here and there but not every set.
I know Croker cops it here but his decision making of counting numbers and when to run is better.
I wonder whether it plays on his mind that this running thing is a big part of the top modern hookers and thus forces the issue. With playing for a contract in the back of his mind, I can see perhaps why this happens.

I wonder whether it plays on his mind that this running thing is a big part of the top modern hookers and thus forces the issue. With playing for a contract in the back of his mind, I can see perhaps why this happens.
Agree, he sees the space and rather than doing what's best for the team, he wants to try and look good himself. He just needs to keep it simple and not be a hog and he would be fine

Agree, he sees the space and rather than doing what's best for the team, he wants to try and look good himself. He just needs to keep it simple and not be a hog and he would be fine
It’s interesting because a few years back he had a very good couple of seasons. I think he has the skill to run again it’s the times he chooses to do it. He has also bagged a few trys from close range. He got a touch run happy after that I thought. Also he must never kick the ball. Haha

Yep. Not sure why but Api is a lot better at Panthers than he was with us over four years. We rarely scored with him on the field but he was ferocious in defence.I think he’s been given a green light to play eyes up footy more out west and he’s enjoying it.
But the issue is simply that Danny is not in the same class as Manase or Api.
Such a huge loss, a natural footballer is manase

Levi has proven he is not a keeper. Tops the NRL for set restarts. Cannot count numbers, goes himself or the wrong way more often than not and butchers points and momentum.

I would be chasing Verrils or Lussick or looking to England for a new rake for next season until we get the best young hooker I have ever seen in Fainu back.

I made the comment in the first half i thought he was playing one of his better games, exactly as you mentioned above. He did fall back into his shortcomings in the second half when he ran too often himself, kicked when he should not have, starting doing his own game plan etc.

I think when he just concentrates on giving good early ball, especially with DCE, Shuster and Tom we will go o.k, but he just lacks some footy smarts sometimes and when we have momentum will take the wrong option.

TBH mate, I can't for the life of me figure out how you thought Levi was playing one of his better games. Most of his passes were head high regardless if he was passing to a forward for a hit up, or to someone like DCE. Seriously, if our handling had been as bad as it was a week earlier against Melbourne ... we wouldn't have scored anywhere near 32 points on Saturday night. It was only because we actually managed to catch most of those head high dummy half passes somewhat cleanly that we did manage to score what we did.

And don't get me started on his choice of when to run. When you have a line out to the left (or right, but in one case I saw it, it was out to the left) and there is a clear overlap ... the dummy half deciding to run it to the opposite way is a good way to kill any potential score.

Piss poor dummy half play from Levi and Croker has been a lot of the reason we have struggled to score points in games.

Sure we scored 32 against the Tigpies, but lets be honest here ... no one in their right mind would ever accuse the 2020 Wests Tigers of being one of the great defensive sides.

Last edited:
If there’s one real positive about croker it’s his footy smarts. He might not be the most dynamic player but he often plays pretty smart

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
His first half was quite good, think he fell off a cliff in the second though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6