• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm still baffled by the limited amount of time he gets on the field. There's potential there, but it's hard to measure it properly because he usually gets hooked for Croker after 25 minutes or so and isn't sighted after that.
It's quite obvious really.. he physically can't handle more than 20min at a time

I don't mean anything personal against the guy, but I love manly with all my heart it hurts. I've said it once, and I'll say it again.. Levi is killing this team. Anyone who can't see this is kidding themselves

Yep. Not sure why but Api is a lot better at Panthers than he was with us over four years. We rarely scored with him on the field but he was ferocious in defence.I think he’s been given a green light to play eyes up footy more out west and he’s enjoying it.
But the issue is simply that Danny is not in the same class as Manase or Api.
Api had a killer 2017-18 for us... he was dealing with an injury last year

TBH mate, I can't for the life of me figure out how you thought Levi was playing one of his better games. Most of his passes were head high regardless if he was passing to a forward for a hit up, or to someone like DCE. Seriously, if our handling had been as bad as it was a week earlier against Melbourne ... we wouldn't have scored anywhere near 32 points on Saturday night. It was only because we actually managed to catch most of those head high dummy half passes somewhat cleanly that we did manage to score what we did.

And don't get me started on his choice of when to run. When you have a line out to the left (or right, but in one case I saw it, it was out to the left) and there is a clear overlap ... the dummy half deciding to run it to the opposite way is a good way to kill any potential score.

Piss poor dummy half play from Levi and Croker has been a lot of the reason we have struggled to score points in games.

Sure we scored 32 against the Tigpies, but lets be honest here ... no one in their right mind would ever accuse the 2020 Wests Tigers of being one of the great defensive sides.
And no one here seems to mention his defence! Such a liability in the middle

The guy that touches the ball almost every play needs to have a high football IQ and awareness. I just don’t think he has it. I don’t think it can be taught. He isn’t good enough defensively (or fit enough) to just be a pick up and pass guy either.
You're a beaut Tomay!

He leads the league in set restarts given away from the sheet I saw today. Jake is also in the top 10 but plays 80 minutes.

I'm not saying its the whole of Jake's problem with giving away so many 6 again's, but because Jake has to do a lot more defence just to cover for Levi then it would tire him out more and mean he is slower to get off tackled players.

I also think Jake gets targeted by the referees a lot. How often do you hear every game "Get off him Jake". Even if he's only hit the bloke 2 seconds earlier they call him off pretty much straight away.. And when he doesn't always do that.....6 again. Jake is arguably the most dominant tackler in the NRL, yet he's almost being refereed out of it under the 6 again rule.

See, loathe him or loathe him, scam has for years been regarded as the best player (if not overall at least in his position). He's not the quickest or the biggest or the strongest but he is undoubtedly the smartest. He knows when to run, when to kick and when to pass (and who to). Hodgson is in a similar mould. Levi looks like he wants to go for the hero play virtually every time he touches the ball and there's no need, it's probably why he looks buggered after 20 minutes.

I would have less of a problem with Levi if he played as he does but spread over the full 80, I dont mean with increased mistakes and wrong options, but with similar stats to now but just spread over 80, he was a last ditch back up for our hooker so I could handle the extra minutes without increase mistakes.
The fact he only plays 40 minutes is crazy.

He misses crucial tackles and runs when the team are set for something else. His darts he never looks for support they are just genuine runs into the defensive line. As a backup hooker he is ok but as far as a starting NRL hooker he is not.

It honestly baffles me how Danny Levi ever got picked to play test football for New Zealand and Samoa (he played 4 tests for the Kiwis in 2017, 1 for Samoa in 2019). To me his level of play would see him flat out just making the bench for the old City or Country Seconds, let alone something like test football.

It honestly baffles me how Danny Levi ever got picked to play test football for New Zealand and Samoa (he played 4 tests for the Kiwis in 2017, 1 for Samoa in 2019). To me his level of play would see him flat out just making the bench for the old City or Country Seconds, let alone something like test football.
It honestly baffles me that Manly saw fit to sign him,let alone Test football.He was struggling at the Knights

We can't go into 2021 with him and Crocker as our number 9 options. We have to look outside the club. The Number 9 issue is one we have to fix. Fingers cross that Tom is fit next year but I am happy with Funa as the back up fullback. Now if only we could find a decent number 9 while the issue with Fainu is been sorted out.

It honestly baffles me that Manly saw fit to sign him,let alone Test football.He was struggling at the Knights

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We'd let Api walk with the view to Fainu being the #1 hooker, then Manase goes and gets himself in the middle of a stabbing where he is the one accused of it, and suddenly we had no recognised dummy half.

Levi was literally all that was available who had first grade experience.

In our case, circumstances beyond the clubs control meant that begger's couldn't be chooser's. Unfortunately though, what it did even before the injuries hit was all but kill our 2020 before it even started. We've been living on a wing and a prayer almost all season.

You know, there was a reason that the Knights didn't fight too hard to keep Levi after they had signed Andrew McCullough and Jayden Brailey.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8