Cust vs Croker at 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought the same last year. This year not so much. Croker definately took wrong options in 2020, and offered little in attack, But I still think he out performed Levi, and was tighter around the ruck.

I'm pretty confident Cust will carve it up at hooker.

Levi didn't come into the squad till late which wouldn't have helped his cause. If someone else was to get added, then get em in as early as we can in the new year i say. Other wise we'd be just making the same mistake over.
Sorry but got to give you an optomistic there, massive questions to be asked of this decision when the season starts, diamonds or rocks, and from what we've already seen of these guy it's rocks. I think it's a big issue.

Here's the difference, the Roosters didn't go into the season with a few fill in hookers and a dev player with promise like we are, they had a goo hooker in Friend who got injured, then the young guy who delivered. We've got nothing but a few excess halves that we're trying to slot into hooker. And even if Birt (I have no knowledge of him btw) is good he's behind cust, croker, foran and whoever else before he even gets a look in. We need a real NRL level hooker before the season starts IMO.
Your argument doesn't make sense,they went into the season with a defensive hooker (Friend)and some kids,we go in with some guys who are in a game that is played completely different with the rule changes and a kid.
What is the difference mate?
The rule changes make the way the game is played different Hookers/halves are not so different nowadays.....
In the modern game Friend is no better than Levi,should we have kept him?If you watched the SOO you could see the difference a dummy half like Grant made the moment he came on,dummy halves who play like halves are the future under current rule changes....

Last edited:
Sorry but got to give you an optomistic there, massive questions to be asked of this decision when the season starts, diamonds or rocks, and from what we've already seen of these guy it's rocks. I think it's a big issue.
You are sure that the rule changes don't affect the way that dummy halves play the game and the impact they have?

I like your posts usually mate, but how many games of hooker have Foran, cust and croker got between them? Hooker isnt any of their first choice position.

It’s ludicrous we are in this position
Rule changes have changed the dummy half position JB,lets see the way that it affects the game in 2021,that is why I said lets just take a breath and wait and see....

We have Foran,Cust,Croker to play dummy half,we have Birt working with the squad and possibly trialling for a development squad spot.The Roosters won a grand final with a rookie dummy half (Verrills) who was about 20 at the time,I think he started the year on the development squad.
Birt I think is currently 19 and maybe 20 next year,whilst I am not saying he will be as good as Verrills was in 2019,maybe we should not get too overworked about the situation yet.....
Hopefully Birt is living up to the opinions people have on him at the club, from what I got told by a colleague the club have high hopes on Birt being a regular first grade player, this was last year, hopefully nothing has changed and he nails a development player contract.

Late in each half expect to see three halves on the field at once trying to take advantage of tiring defence or in DESperation to catch up.
It's a new game folks.

think that it is really going to come down to how well Cust can lift his defensive game as he should have the running game to trouble opposition defences . Croker usually does quite well in the defensive workload around the middle and a natural busy player so can make a good contribution in stints there .Matt Parcelll would have been handy but no doubt on good money in the U K

Foran into 9, when his pec is healed. He can’t train there yet people.

watch the Newcastle manly game from 1995 on another thread. 34 year old Des sucked it up and played well at dummy half. Tooves, cliffy, Des and kosef doing lots of interplay. That is manly next year. The numbers on their backs won’t mean much.

The parts of those 4 will be played by foran, dce, cust and schuster.

Can you all just agree with me and stop this mind-numbing endless speculation?
You are basing our game plan on something from 25 years ago?! Heaven help us

Agree. Schuster will 100% be in the 17. Schuster and Olakau-atu should be there from Rd 1
Hope that Olakau -atu is given every opportunity to press his case , just so much raw talent , looks to have a good defensive technique , strong and good power running , even an off load Schuster "s talent and ability is already obvious . These are the type of young players[ along with Suli and co ] to built a long term competitive side around apart from the obvious Turbo and Jake .

Yes I’m glad you asked, I am basing our game plan on that.

Queensland did it this year in origin, with 4 playmakers on for long periods.
It makes perfect sense under the new rules which need an up tempo approach.
More reasons Schuster should come on at lock. We'd have Cust, Schuster, Chez, Foran and Turbo all on at once. Give Jake a break and have him come back on fresh as a prop for his 2nd stint.

Do you think Elijah Taylor is already part of that contingency? Supposedly signed with Blacktown and played hooker for kiwis only a few years ago. He would be a good depth option

I would say he will be apart of the top 30 and will feature in 1st grade. Too good of a player to be a BT and only 30 years old

Yes I’m glad you asked, I am basing our game plan on that.

Queensland did it this year in origin, with 4 playmakers on for long periods.
It makes perfect sense under the new rules which need an up tempo approach.
Fair call I guess... It might work every now and then, but off the top of my head, its not something I saw a lot of the successful NRL teams employing this year. Happy to be proved wrong.
Even if such a plan will work, to think that Foran can add impact at 9 with his lack of speed (let alone frail body), I definitely don’t agree. He’ll struggle to get back the 10 every play, let alone make tackle after tackle and stay injury free.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8