Cust vs Croker at 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No way they play 2 halves on the bench....?

Our forwards would be good for 50/60 mins and then be trampled.

Much prefer Cust or Croker in the starting 9.
Then Schuster, Paseka, Keppie, Olakau’atu (or Davey) on the bench.

When our 9 needs a rest and the sting is taken out of the game, Foz to 9 and Schuster comes on to feed the backline.

Anyway, interesting times but I highly doubt Dessie plays 2 halves on the bench. He’s a forward game man.
Schuster to lock or backrow to start his career and cover for Foran. Cust and Croker to share hooker. The game will be faster than ever, I wouldn't be surprised to see teams only having 1 genuine prop on the bench. I think the bench will be in for a bigger shake up next year.

I like your thinking. Won’t happen. Jake’s one of the best locks in the NRL.
Dessie will ease Schuster in, same way he has for all the new starters.
Jake needs a rest, he was ineffective last year and the game getting even faster again he should have a 15 minute spell. We were all saying he is turning into Tolman, I think "our" Tolman should have a quick stint on the sideline. Taumalolo does it and his 2nd stint is usually his best!

Jake needs a rest, he was ineffective last year and the game getting even faster again he should have a 15 minute spell. We were all saying he is turning into Tolman, I think "our" Tolman should have a quick stint on the sideline. Taumalolo does it and his 2nd stint is usually his best!

I hope to see the shoe at six, but I think Jurbo would benefit from a spell too.
we have a solid rotation of forwards now and the game is so quick

I like your thinking. Won’t happen. Jake’s one of the best locks in the NRL.
Dessie will ease Schuster in, same way he has for all the new starters.
Can I ask how you suppose Des eases Schuster in then? This is why I say bring him on at lock or backrow. Do you want him eased in at 5/8?

I've moved Schoey to backrow in my team list. Partly because I think the depth of our back row stocks just looks one or two starters short, and suspect DES has a plan. Lock , back row DES could interchange and rotate easy enough to give the kid the ball when on the attack.

I can see Dessie easing him in as a super-sub and moving Foz to 9 to direct the traffic.

I think Foz could be a revelation at 9 (excluding the defensive workload that maybe Cust or Croker take up).

Imagine after 25-30mins having Foz at 9, DCE and Schu in the halves. We would be directing organised attacks to the edges every set. I get excited just thinking about it.

Foz is a genuine footy player. He’s knows all about ruck momentum, when to straighten attacks and target weaknesses. He is defensively very very good too, he’s just is injury prone. Exclude the injuries and he is a very brainy footballer
I’ve got a feeling they weren’t telling fibs when they said he will play some dummy half.

If he gets injured, Cust or Croker (whoever doesn’t make the 17) would fill his shoes.
I can live with that but that is messing around with your spine quite a bit more than I'd like. Interesting to see which way Des goes. I 100% think Schuster is the next superstar of the NRL but I just think Foz will lock down that 5/8 role and the best way to ease Schuster in is at backrow or lock. That's why I have Cust and Schuster on my bench, I'm not picking him as a 5/8 (to start his career anyway) I just don't think Schuster has the kicking game, yet! And I'm not convinced Des will move Foz to hooker mid game

If they’re playing Cust and Croker as the 9s, that means Schuster doesn’t make the 17. No way they carry Schuster and Cust on the bench.

That would be terrible
Schuster & Cust >>>> Croker

Mix the pack up and go like this if we have to:
8 Jake 9 Cust/Croker 10 Taupau 11 Olakau’atu 12 Sironen 13 Schuster
14 Croker/Cust 15 Aloiai 16 Davey 17 Paseka

Would much prefer Keppie in the side than Croker (Cust 9, Schuster 14) but we need Schuster in the 17. Keppie wouldn’t blow up and leave the club if he’s 18th man for a few rounds (if we HAVE to have Croker), whereas we could risk losing Schuster by the looks of what his agent said (for Croker?!?!?!)

Until someone convinces me otherwise (and they won't ... for now), this would be my 17. Some who were regulars in 2020 aren't there, most notably Jorge, Parker, Funa and Croker. Nothing against any of them, but with who we have in the squad I just don't see them in the best 17.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Moses Suli
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick (gk)
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (C)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (VC)

Bench - Josh Schuster, Sean Keppie, Josh Aloiai, Hermole Olakau'atu

Injuries aside, I really do see those 4 I mentioned above, plus others like the Morgan twins (Boyle and Harper) playing more for Blacktown than Manly in 2021. And if there is one I do feel for there its Brad Parker. Realistically he's done nothing wrong to lose his spot, but he just isn't as good as Suli and Walks.

The one thing I will say for Croker is that he had an absolute cracker of a game against the Roosters in Rd 2.

And the Raiders game where we were down on troops. From memory he laid on a very important try putting Cust through a hole.

Until someone convinces me otherwise (and they won't ... for now), this would be my 17. Some who were regulars in 2020 aren't there, most notably Jorge, Parker, Funa and Croker. Nothing against any of them, but with who we have in the squad I just don't see them in the best 17.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Moses Suli
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick (gk)
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (C)
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic (VC)

Bench - Josh Schuster, Sean Keppie, Josh Aloiai, Hermole Olakau'atu

Injuries aside, I really do see those 4 I mentioned above, plus others like the Morgan twins (Boyle and Harper) playing more for Blacktown than Manly in 2021. And if there is one I do feel for there its Brad Parker. Realistically he's done nothing wrong to lose his spot, but he just isn't as good as Suli and Walks.
I like it. I think Tuipulotu will push for a spot after a few weeks.
I also think we need a 9 on the bench unless Des really is considering switching Foz there mid game but I'm not convinced that will happen.
How good is it to actually have options this year, some quality players missing the cut!

Not uncommon for 2 nd rowers to play the full eighty even with the recent increased tempo . Whether that is most likely Siro - Haumole or, Siro - Jet Ski [ or Davey ] . On that basis , can carry Croker and Schuster on the bench then . Understandable and really imperative to have Schuster in the 17 somewhere and if jet Ski did start then difficult to also include Haumole on the bench which may not gel well . Need at least two props on the bench with the starting pair out of Marty , Paseka and Alioia [ most likely ] . unless Haumole is used as a prop sub instead of Keppie, Boyle or Sipley , Not taking into account Schuster "s ability to also play at 2 nd row . And of course all this is contingent on Foz starting at 6

Not uncommon for 2 nd rowers to play the full eighty even with the recent increased tempo . Whether that is most likely Siro - Haumole or, Siro - Jet Ski [ or Davey ] . On that basis , can carry Croker and Schuster on the bench then . Understandable and really imperative to have Schuster in the 17 somewhere and if jet Ski did start then difficult to also include Haumole on the bench which may not gel well . Need at least two props on the bench with the starting pair out of Marty , Paseka and Alioia [ most likely ] . unless Haumole is used as a prop sub instead of Keppie, Boyle or Sipley , Not taking into account Schuster "s ability to also play at 2 nd row . And of course all this is contingent on Foz starting at 6

With this highly up tempo game I think the old days of four big forwards on the bench might be over.

With this highly up tempo game I think the old days of four big forwards on the bench might be over.
that 's a given . also with the present squad , again really has the making of a very competitive side even minus A F B . and good depth . . just the vexed problem around a capable 9 . Surely time also for a better run with injuries , really does make the difference between being serious contenders or just also runs

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8