Cust vs Croker at 9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can’t get behind the paywall but looks to highlight Cust at 9.

A one two combo probably with the next immortal on the bench to give him a rest.

Happy to see how Cade goes , he’s got some skills but if Froggy is the main man or plays a lot of time , from what I’ve seen we are truly ****ed.

We be right Marky Mark. Well if our blokes wearing No 6s can stand up and do what DCE doesn't want to do, (it's not that he can't) but just steer the ship and play that traditional halfback role, then we will be right.

More on field voice and direction will improve the 9 just as much as the bloke wearing 7.

All indications that Cust should start at 9 but then the matter of the bench make up and if Schuster is not in the run on side initially , then him , maybe Croker and two props there . Schuster and Croker on the bench with 2 props may be sufficient with Schuster "s versatility but certainly untested at this stage .Then the possibility of Schuster starting as a 13 or edge forward . and Jake maybe to move to prop or Hamole to the bench but unlikely for Jake at this stage anyway . . Imagine that Jet Ski and Davey would be pushing for spots as well but nothing seems to have changed with the prediction of Cust having i st crack at 9

Cust seems like he has that create something out of nothing play in his locker. Good footwork. Quick off the mark. Good footy brain too. Has to be him at 9.
Croker can tackle. We need more than that.
Need some improved front on defence from Cust and for Croker to be a bit more measured and controlled in the ruck area . No substitute for a fit and in form Fainu "s presence but will just have to make do somehow with what we have available there for whatever time .

Cust or Croker ?
The successful 2020 teams with a quality No 9 have proven that the
No 9 position is a essential game manager , and game breaker position
If the no 9 does not function at high performance it stifles the team
Of what I have seen from both players
Cust is a skillful player but has lacked Consistency
Croker is a gutsy player that gives it his all but has lacked Ability
We need players with Ability for us to be able to match it with the flashy sides and fly high like Sea eagles and be the No 1 nrl premier team once again

Cust or Croker ?
The successful 2020 teams with a quality No 9 have proven that the
No 9 position is a essential game manager , and game breaker position
If the no 9 does not function at high performance it stifles the team
Of what I have seen from both players
Cust is a skillful player but has lacked Consistency
Croker is a gutsy player that gives it his all but has lacked Ability
We need players with Ability for us to be able to match it with the flashy sides and fly high like Sea eagles and be the No 1 nrl premier team once again
Welcome back Bozo , seasons greetings and also to the entertaining Mad Marcus [ regardless if he is still the local lunatic ]

Welcome back Bozo , seasons greetings and also to the entertaining Mad Marcus [ regardless if he is still the local lunatic ]
Thank you feathered friend . Seasons greetings to you and every one on here and lets hope 2021 will be the best year for our club , players and fans .
Mad Marcus may be the only confessed lunatic but the fact is there is a little lunacy in all of us
We all are Madly in love with Manly :)
af8b75b111ef7e116d3b7ec993fed141.jpg

I still can't see Foz being used as a hooker. His body is fragile enough just playing in the halves, let alone playing the middle of the field making loads of tackles or doing all the other things dummy halves do like running instead of just passing.

For mine, Foz was brought back to play in the halves alongside Cherry which also has the added bonus of allowing Walker to move back to his more natural and comfortable position of centre.

Lachlan Croker was pretty much a disaster in 2020, whether he played dummy half or whenever he had to start at 5/8 (strangely enough, his best games, all 2 of them, were when he had to replace Walks at 5/8 after Dylan's early game injuries. He stood up and played well in those games against Canberra and later Penrith, even though we lost to Penrith). Cust on the other hand ... while I think he somewhat plateaued as a 5/8, he didn't crumble under pressure nearly half as much as Croker tended to. And the fact that he was a junior hooker before being moved to the halves only what, 4 years ago(?) is in his and hopefully our favour. Dummy half is not new to him, hopefully its just a matter of taking a pre-season refresher course.

I'd honestly expect Manly's best spine in 2021 will be Turbo at FB, Foz at pivot, Cherry at half and Cust at #9. That may change as time goes on, but for now its what I think our best bet is.

Last edited:
This is what NRL Com reckon. Obviously they don't follow the club too closely.
Tafua will not be on one wing for two reasons: lack of form and he is still injured.
Foran will not be hooker, the reasons of which are espoused by many posters on Silvertails.
Picking Davey over Guaca is a further question mark. Personally I feel Guaca has much more to offer but he may not have the motor to play long minutes.

I still can't see Foz being used as a hooker. His body is fragile enough just playing in the halves, let alone playing the middle of the field making loads of tackles or doing all the other things dummy halves do like running instead of just passing.

For mine, Foz was brought back to play in the halves alongside Cherry which also has the added bonus of allowing Walker to move back to his more natural and comfortable position of centre.

Lachlan Croker was pretty much a disaster in 2020, whether he played dummy half or whenever he had to start at 5/8 (strangely enough, his best games, all 2 of them, were when he had to replace Walks at 5/8 after Dylan's early game injuries. He stood up and played well in those games against Canberra and later Penrith, even though we lost to Penrith). Cust on the other hand ... while I think he somewhat plateaued as a 5/8, he didn't crumble under pressure nearly half as much as Croker tended to. And the fact that he was a junior hooker before being moved to the halves only what, 4 years ago(?) is in his and hopefully our favour. Dummy half is not new to him, hopefully its just a matter of taking a pre-season refresher course.

I'd honestly expect Manly's best spine in 2021 will be Turbo at FB, Foz at pivot, Cherry at half and Cust at #9. That may change as time goes on, but for now its what I think our best bet is.
No way can I see anyone but Schuster starting in 6. Cust at 9. Foran at 14.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8