Cust a MUST!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like Cade and thought he should be a shoe-in for 9 earlier this season, or at least 14

he seems to always bag or set up a try or two whenever he plays.

i think it might depend on what happens with d walker - he looks to be our 14 option for the next few weeks which would otherwise be custs jersey.

But then when schuster etc are back... does Lawton become the 14?

Time will tell and I’d really like to keep him as i believe he has the makings of a great first grader but he won’t be a #6 option, and if manase comes back, #9 is pretty well gone for him too.

I think it would be very short-sighted for Manly to let Cust go to the Warriors. Foran won't have long to go, we still don't know the fate of Fainu, Croker unsigned, and Chez not getting any younger. There could be a massive void in our playmaker stocks in a little bit, and that's not considering injuries. For mine, Cust is a must-keep at this stage

I think we let him go. We are really thin in the forwards atm say one or two injuries from having serious depth issues. In the halves/ hooker role we have Croker/ Lawton/ chez/ foz/ Schuster/ Walker. I say we let Cust go and sign a forward. As for next year we keep Foz per the club option. His more passive style of play this year is mitigating his injury woes. i.e. like Cooper Cronk at the Roosters.

When the playing group as a whole starts to perform it can be tough to break back into the top 17. It appears Cust is now behind Lawton, Walker and Croker and doesn't look like breaking into the squad soon. I think it needs to be his choice and I doubt he will be tapped. I wouldn't blame him for chasing a first grade spot elsewhere. Its a shame as he is a very good player. If there is a plus side it may allow us to add another big bopper as injuries have left us one short IMO.

Always had Cust ahead of Croker, but let's give credit where due, Croker has been Big defensively and does...well...enough in attack, with decent service to his key players and actually inproved all round over time....with Fainu a MUST (if available)
There are other super talents coming through the lower grades and with the Newish role of Walker, Cust is looking at serious time at Blacktown with injuries his only real chance of getting consistent NRL game time.
I like Cust and think he will be an asset to a few sides at this level, but can't blame him for taking different direction and playing elsewhere.
I would however, not let Cust go till 2021 has played out, you just never know what the future holds and he could feature due to many reasons when the crunch games are on and has the ability to play a critical role...

Realistically with Walker back and filling that bench utility role well, Schuster to come back from injury soon, Lawton on fire, Fainu possibly to come back.... Cust is very far down the pecking order at this point. We'd need about three injuries to halves / utilities just for him to make it back to the bench. That's saying a lot too because Cust is first grade quality in my opinion.

Still a lot of balls in the air with Walker and Croker still unsigned and Fainu.....still a question mark.

I like Cust in the squad and want to keep him. Also if he can get a consistant start, wants to go and we dont contribute a cent then I wouldn't begrudge him.....but preference on him keeping him

Too much water to go under the bridge yet to let Cust go imho.
Fainu guilty or not guilty ? do we resign Croker ? ,what if someone comes along and wants to pay Walker overs basis what he is doing now and he goes ? What if Foz after winning the GF with Manly retires :) ? Sooo many unanswered questions .I think Cust is a great player and possibly just hasnt been lucky enough to get a good clear shot to show his wares.
Think of Croker who most on here were lambasting as not 1st grade standard (including me) ,but week by week with game time and getting into and learning his role he is making the most of his attributes and contributing to the team in a extremely effective way .Cust hasnt had the benefit of that time yet and really everyone is only an injury away from the big time or the end time .
Just my musings on the subject .......
Go Manly

Cust really is surplus at Manly right now though.

Think about it. Right now he's the 4th choice 5/8 behind Foran, Schuster and Walker, and the 3rd choice hooker behind Croker and Lawton, which becomes 4th choice whenever (or if) Fainu is back.

Unfortunately Cade never really cracked it for a full time first grade gig at Manly. He really was only ever used as an injury replacement and TBH, I think he pretty much plateaued as a half which is why Des always only used him as a back up. And while I honestly would have thought he'd have been the better choice to be the hooker while Fainu was stood down, I really can't complain with how Croker has handled it, especially defensively.

I honestly do believe that if Cade Cust is to make it as a bona fide first grade NRL player ... it won't be at Manly.

It hurts to say it because I've always liked Cade but he's not going to be a half that takes a side to a premiership. He's a good player and should be playing nrl but at a club that won't be challenging for the top. Manly always has been and always will be a top club.

Part of helping ourselves is helping everyone that is one of us.
I think Cust is an important part of our depth but if he gets a better offer and an opportunity to play regular 1st grade we shouldn't stand in his way.
I dont think he is really that far off playing first grade here.. besides him leaving the club doesn't necessarily mean he will play first grade elsewhere

i was one of the people that said cade wasnt first grade standard along with croker, cade hasnt had many chances this year to disprove this but a utility role is his only position unless dce, foran and schustcter are all unavailable. to his advantage he is under contract for 2022 so depending on salary cap retentions and losses, he might takeover from walker and croker

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4