Cust a MUST!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crazy to let him go. DCE is 32, Foran 31 next month, we saw what happened when Funa played five eighth against Newcastle. Team hardly looked like scoring a point. Cust is a creative player with a great dummy, can create things. Will cost much more to buy another in a couple of years time. Should be Cust half, Schuster five eighth when DCE and Foran retire.

Generally speaking, winning is more fun than getting humiliated!

I think Id rather get humiliated by Jeri Ryan..
1624397037255.png

Attachments

• jeri.jpg
    jeri.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 198
Crazy to let him go. DCE is 32, Foran 31 next month, we saw what happened when Funa played five eighth against Newcastle. Team hardly looked like scoring a point. Cust is a creative player with a great dummy, can create things. Will cost much more to buy another in a couple of years time. Should be Cust half, Schuster five eighth when DCE and Foran retire.
DCE is in the prime fitness of his career and doesn’t look like slowing down anytime soon.

DCE will play until he is 35 easy.

It’s hardly realistic nor good for his development anyways to expect Cust to ride the pine for 3+ years until Daly retires. By that time Humphries / Fainu will be ready to play first grade anyways and pair with Schuster.

Oh and we still don’t know if Cust is a long-term 6, 7 or 9 either.

We can't keep everyone and our forward stock is where we should target if Cust goes. We need some good value forwards for next season especially if Taupau goes.

Love Cust.....love him.

But I dont seem him ever being a fulltime starting half for Manly.

DCE
Foran

Into

DCE
Schuster

Into

Fainu/Humphries/recruited half
Schuster

Love Cust.....love him.

DCE
Foran

Into

DCE
Schuster

Into

Schuster
Cust is only 22, plenty of improvement in him. DCE = 3x+ his salary. Need to plan post DCE. Halves are expensive and not much quality around, evidenced by Townsend $700k a season. Firmly believe we will rue losing him (if in fact we do). Has shown he is extremely capable in the top grade and definitely more dangerous in attack than many in other teams on much bigger coin. (just my opinion).

Cust is only 22, plenty of improvement in him. DCE = 3x+ his salary. Need to plan post DCE. Halves are expensive and not much quality around, evidenced by Townsend $700k a season. Firmly believe we will rue losing him (if in fact we do). Has shown he is extremely capable in the top grade and definitely more dangerous in attack than many in other teams on much bigger coin. (just my opinion).
Hey Eddie, DCE's salary is like 6 times that of Cust. I think we should keep him too but it will probably come down to if another club is willing to give him a starting spot...and fair enough for him. He MAY grow into something good...may. Chad is reportedly on 800k at the cows.

we have a young bloke in the sg ball, I cant remember his first name
but hes the CEOs son he has some massive wraps on him and could be ready to step up when Daly retires

Love Cust.....love him.

DCE
Foran

Into

DCE
Schuster

Into

Schuster
How many more years do you think Foran and DCE will be playing (2 or 3 maybe?)

Isn't Schuster going great guns in the backrow, thus giving Manly a more dangerous attack?

Is Humphries a proven quantity at the top level? (see Broncos, Bulldogs, etc re relying on inexperienced playmakers)

What happens with a couple of injuries to our playmakers? (see Roosters)

Cust is a gun. He has a great all-round game - passing, kicking, running. He does not shirk the tough stuff in defence, is not intimidated, and has genuine x-factor. At this stage in his development, and at the price he's on now, we would be silly not to do do whatever we absolute could to hang onto him (of course if another club is offering overs, that's a different story). I see Cust as a vital short-term back up, and quite possibly the long-term heir to the number 7 - and that's assuming Fainu gets off, and Croker continues improving his game at 9.

How incredibly short-sighted would we be to bank on Walker and Foran and Chez, and not on our future??? We won't be a successful team in 2-3 years if our spine is dependent on just Schuster (and an unproven Humphries). Don't let this one get away Manly, we will regret it later (Parcell, Gutho, Hynes were in similar positions when we allowed other clubs to take advantage)

Isn't Schuster going great guns in the backrow, thus giving Manly a more dangerous attack?

Is Humphries a proven quantity at the top level? (see Broncos, Bulldogs, etc re relying on inexperienced playmakers)

Cust is a gun. He has a great all-round game - passing, kicking, running. He does not shirk the tough stuff in defence, is not intimidated, and has genuine x-factor. At this stage in his development, and at the price he's on now, we would be silly not to do do whatever we absolute could to hang onto him (of course if another club is offering overs, that's a different story). I see Cust as a vital short-term back up, and quite possibly the long-term heir to the number 7 - and that's assuming Fainu gets off, and Croker continues improving his game at 9.

How incredibly short-sighted would we be to bank on Walker and Foran and Chez, and not on our future??? We won't be a successful team in 2-3 years if our spine is dependent on just Schuster (and an unproven Humphries). Don't let this one get away Manly, we will regret it later (Parcell, Gutho, Hynes were in similar positions when we allowed other clubs to take advantage)
I’m sure Cust will be quite fine hanging around for 2-3 yrs in reserve grade waiting for his chance

I’m sure Cust will be quite fine hanging around for 2-3 yrs in reserve grade waiting for his chance
What a ridiculous thing to say. Cust has played 8 games so far this season, and he's been injured for several weeks. He's played 25 games since his debut mid-way 2019, with a shortened 2020 season. He won't be playing reserve grade for 2-3 years, he's already playing NRL! He's missed the 17 for a couple of weeks...tsk tsk tsk how short-sighted mate

I think we let him go. We are really thin in the forwards atm say one or two injuries from having serious depth issues. In the halves/ hooker role we have Croker/ Lawton/ chez/ foz/ Schuster/ Walker. I say we let Cust go and sign a forward. As for next year we keep Foz per the club option. His more passive style of play this year is mitigating his injury woes. i.e. like Cooper Cronk at the Roosters.
We don't need another forward. Hasn't our significant injury toll to our forwards this season proven that? Aloiai, Jake, Schuster, Saddler, Davey, Sironen, Boyle, S.Fainu, Gosiewski all unavailable last week - how did our forwards go? We have great depth there. In contrast, how did we go without a halves partner for Chez? Or a missing 9? Disaster. Every 30-man squad needs at least 6 (to 8) playmakers

Mate, I'm with you in a preference for keeping him. He has shown he is more than capable of stepping in for us.

As I said, I love Cust but it is my opinion that will will never likely see him as our permanent first choice half or 5/8.

That is no knock on him, just the way I see it playing out.

DCE another 3-4 years IMO

I think Latu Fainu looks something special and Humphries coming through too.

Now then could be the next Aaron Grooms or not,who knows what the future holds.

And Cust, well Cust will play plenty of first grade be it halves or hooker, Manly or elsewhere.

Has Cade asked for a release to join the Warriors? I haven't been able to find anything about it except for this conversation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8