Cust a MUST!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After watching Blacktown today Cust is the most important selection in our side, even more so than Schuster. Ideally you'd start Cust and have Schuster as the utility but at very least Cust has to be our #14.
Cust finished with 3 tries and 2 try assists and was a class above everyone else and that was against Roosters reserves side.

Other notes from the game:
- Saddler is a machine and will surely be a long term Manly player.
  • Tuipulotu is a much better centre than he is a winger.
  • Our Blacktown backline is better than our first grade.
  • Keighran looks a gun and can play 5/8 and hooker.
  • Olakau-atu dislocated elbow but hopefully only 4 to 6 weeks.
  • Sipley was good as expected.
  • How good was it to see the boys play with some passion!!!

All correct Robbo.
Frankly, I didn't see much of a difference in quality between the Workers team and our First Grade. The Workers forwards are big, strong and aggressive. They played with fire and it was heartening to watch.
Let's hope form counts and DESpicable does take note of reserve grade performances.

After watching Blacktown today Cust is the most important selection in our side, even more so than Schuster. Ideally you'd start Cust and have Schuster as the utility but at very least Cust has to be our #14.
Cust finished with 3 tries and 2 try assists and was a class above everyone else and that was against Roosters reserves side.

I thought Cust was injured. Des has really lost the plot putting Crocker in front of Cust.

I have said all along that Cust is the man for hooker. He will do a great job. He brings some spark to our attack and I think his defence is very good - I didn't watch him today though. We need to bring in Harper at Fullback - Funa on wing for Garrick - Walker to Centres - Parker out - pity about Guacamole. Davey in the run onside - Jetski to bench. At least that is a start. Oh and Schuster to the bench even if he was quiet today!

Last edited:

The young fullback smith was ok too, he atleast contests the ball when its in the air

I have said all along that Cust is the man for hooker. He will do a great job. He brings some spark to our attack and I think his defence is very good - I didn't watch him today though. We need to bring in Harper at Fullback - Funa on wing for Garrick - Walker to Centres - Parker out - pity about Guacamole. Davey in the run onside - Jetski to bench. At least that is a start. Oh and Schuster to the bench even if he was quiet today!
So have I ... it seems bleeding obvious

Hard to see where Cade gets a run back in the 17 with the way the current team is playing.

The form of Croker and Lawton is very good, depending what happens with Manase it’s a tough run ahead for Cust to get an opportunity again, the halves are strong with DCE, Foz and the options of Schuster and Walker.

Depending on who the club extended and sign Cade may well be looking for a release.

Hard to see where Cade gets a run back in the 17 with the way the current team is playing.

The form of Croker and Lawton is very good, depending what happens with Manase it’s a tough run ahead for Cust to get an opportunity again, the halves are strong with DCE, Foz and the options of Schuster and Walker.

Depending on who the club extended and sign Cade may well be looking for a release.
I agree. I like Cade and his efforts but based on the form of others he’s down the pecking order

I think Cade's got the makings of a good Martin/Thompson type five eight but he always seems to be the last man picked and the first man dropped so I don't know if he has a future with us. There are a few teams (Tigers?) that would probably find a regular spot for him in their 13.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6