Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Working in a nursing home at the moment and they won't let anyone through the door who hasn't had their flu shot. The needle is tiny, I could barely feel it. Took about 5 mins at the chemist. They warned me I might feel mild flu like symptoms but so far (3days) nothing. This is not to protect me but to protect those with compromised immunity. Many are willing to take drastic steps in the name of COVID19 but unwilling to take this very simple step for much the same reason, boggles the mind.

The titans are rejoicing

Might also give them a reason to cancel his contract

Waste of money a pea heart who cannot tackle

Cartwright and his anti vaxers can sit out the season. Simple

Given the safeguards and that this is a hybrid season the NRL should rewrite the players contract agreement for anyone taking part this year that they must have a flu shot. No shot no play and no money.

Problem with a lot on this thread is truth or lie. The internet is a wonderful tool but at the same time I believe the human race is probably the dumbest we've been in 100 years.

Just because we have access to everything doesnt make us smarter.

There will always be a 'truth' out there in WWW land that will justify and persons point of view if they look hard enough.

Shnorky posted very early on some 'facts' that were blatantly wrong re the northern beaches. He may have looked on the interweb or just made it up from something he heard who knows?

Case in point. Had some blood tests last month as I was feeling rough. Spoke to receptionist at doctors who gave me a quick overview before making DR appointment for 10 day time to discuss results. Out of 14 results 2 came back abnormal. I went staring to the web and apparently I could have had cancer, infection or about 20 other life changing issues. In the end I had none of these so just because it's on the web doesn't mean we understand the facts.

I dont get flu shots and i NEVER get sick! My doctor told me i could get the flu from the shot.. people on here are saying they didnt get sick from it but im sure there is alot that did. Anyways que the Woodsie child like remark or kid level mocking ;)

I dont get flu shots and i NEVER get sick! My doctor told me i could get the flu from the shot.. people on here are saying they didnt get sick from it but im sure there is alot that did. Anyways que the Woodsie child like remark or kid level mocking ;)

If you are susceptible to respiratory issues you have it , it can protect you and your loved ones.

If you are not, you don’t !!

For most it’s just that choice.

I'm very much in favour of vaccination. I went to India last year and helped carry out polio vaccinations. I have seen the dramatic reduction in polio over 35 years through vaccination. (nearly eradicated .. down to a hand full of cases). I saw first hand the effects of polio.

A sick joke is that they have a vaccination for SARS-CoV-2 its just they have not been able to implement the autism component as yet.

Bryce has my support not to have the flu shot. It is his prerogative. Just have him sit out mixing with his team mates until all is safe.

ps you CANT get the flu from a flu shot. If a doctor tells you that, change doctors. The flu shot is not fully effective for a few weeks after the shot, so you have the shot and still get the flu.

Working in a nursing home at the moment and they won't let anyone through the door who hasn't had their flu shot. The needle is tiny, I could barely feel it. Took about 5 mins at the chemist. They warned me I might feel mild flu like symptoms but so far (3days) nothing. This is not to protect me but to protect those with compromised immunity. Many are willing to take drastic steps in the name of COVID19 but unwilling to take this very simple step for much the same reason, boggles the mind.
My Dad is in a nursing home now. I got it for the first time on Sunday. It was so easy that next time I'll request it in my eyeball - nah probably not.... Glad to have the green light to visit the man who shaped me into being a Manly supporter though.

One of the primary reasons, other than quality of food and more careful hygiene that stops us from dying young, is vaccinations. Blind Freddy can see that since this was introduced the average mortality rate has risen to over 70-80 years and above. There seems to be a blind spot about historical evidence that children died young over 50% in the past and that the average age women died was under 30 and most men a little over 30. There are several reasons for that including harshness of working conditions, death of both mothers and babies at child birth, nutrition etc. But the most important has been immunisation, and that is scientifically proven. People who deny that inoculation saves lives are dreadfully ill-informed.

I made the following analogy the other day to try to describe to someone how I believe the flu vaccination works...

You're in a castle with all your troops and they are lying around getting complacent, waving at everyone with their fancy flags coming up to the gates, letting most in.

But you know not everyone is going to be so friendly, so you get a copy of your worst enemy's flag and race around pushing it in each of your soldier's faces which makes them suitably angry and fighty but doesn't hurt them.

A couple of days later the nasty guys ride up to the gates waving their fancy flag thinking they'll be treated like pals and can just cruise on in and start a bit of pillaging.

But your guys see that flag, arc up, race to the parapets and start hurling their spears and firing arrows.

Last edited:
I made the following analogy the other day to try to describe to someone how I believe the flu vaccination works...

You're in a castle with all your troops and they are lying around getting complacent, waving at everyone with their fancy flags coming up to the gates, letting most in.

But you know not everyone is going to be so friendly, so you get a copy of your worst enemy's flag and race around pushing it in each of your soldier's faces which makes them suitably angry and fighty but doesn't hurt them.

A couple of days later the nasty guys ride up to the gates waving their fancy flag thinking they'll be treated like pals and can just cruise on in and start a bit of pillaging.

But your guys see that flag, arc up, race to the parapets and start hurling their spears and firing arrows.
Nice.

Lol, and thanks, this is what I was alluding to in a comment yesterday, we need science to be made far more available to the wider community :)

I hate needles. They are sharp (obviously) and get jabbed through the skin. Of course they are going to hurt lol. But ... the flu shot and blood tests for me are the ones that hurt the least.

Try being like my father-in law. Recently he had an infection and has so far needed at least 3 shots. ALL through where the infection was ... his left eye.

Edit: I can only think of one place on the human body (male version) that would be worse than getting a needle through the eyeball. I don't think I need to say where that would be, we're all smart enough in here to know where ... @:oops:
How bout the old needles into gums nerves when getting the wisdom teeth out. Had 4 out in the chair many years ago. Surgeon: “now this will hurt a bit..........”

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8