Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe you should do some research that is backing his decision. I certainly wouldn't be getting a flew shot, nor my family. Most people who get the flew shot (last year's strain) get the flew.

I get the flu shot every year , have been doing so since I was in my mid 30’s and following my diagnosis as an Asthmatic.

I’ve never got sick once after a flu shot.

But I respect your position and not having a go at you just stating it’s never once affected me like that.

I can't believe the number of people on this thread........
......that are scared of needles
What a bunch of wimps @:D

Can I tell you I don’t even feel the flu needle , I was at the Dr’s last week and we were chatting away about how the travel industry is going to change following this and I said “we’d better stop chatting and do what I’m here for” , he said “ already done “.

Didn’t even know it had gone in.

Ive had lots of needles over the years ( there was a time early in my career that you couldn’t go anywhere without a vaccination certificate) and some can be painful ( blood tests are a good example ) but the flu jab is just that , a jab.

To state that truth can’t be found on the internet is a fanciful claim as there is no other source which provides such in depth information from both sides of an argument. If an individual is prepared to study a counter view and then balance it against there own beliefs, then all kinds of stuff can be discovered. After all, people who spend their lifetime studying a particular field will usually post their findings online.

I think you may have stretched what I said a little to make your point (which is a valid one).

I never stated that people can't find truth online. I said I'll trust experts over people who have done "a bit of googling"

I'm talking more the people who will read a dozen or so articles from Jenny McCarthy, the Daily Mail or some random blog etc and then think that they know best.

Of course people can do thorough, well balanced research online consulting peer reviewed articles and so on, but I do not personally believe Bryce Cartwright is one of those.

The overprescription/overuse of antibiotics has always concerned me. I never take the things, but the few times I've been to a doctor they want to hand them out like lollies. Post op - yes fair enough up to a point to reduce risk of infection, but after that I'm very reticent to use them.

The overprescription/overuse of antibiotics has always concerned me. I never take the things, but the few times I've been to a doctor they want to hand them out like lollies. Post op - yes fair enough up to a point to reduce risk of infection, but after that I'm very reticent to use them.

You can throw a bit of blame to the lawyers and duty of care ... what if he needed the extra dose and I didn't prescribe it ....

There is no debate on vaccination ... the health authorities in every country in the world have studied all the science for 70 years and not one of them even hints at there being a debate ....or heaven help us .... the total absurdity of .. "you have to respect internet Karen for her opinion" ...

It is not a matter of opinion ... it is a matter of science ..... shut the fukk up Karen!

Can I tell you I don’t even feel the flu needle , I was at the Dr’s last week and we were chatting away about how the travel industry is going to change following this and I said “we’d better stop chatting and do what I’m here for” , he said “ already done “.

Didn’t even know it had gone in.

Ive had lots of needles over the years ( there was a time early in my career that you couldn’t go anywhere without a vaccination certificate) and some can be painful ( blood tests are a good example ) but the flu jab is just that , a jab.

I hate needles. They are sharp (obviously) and get jabbed through the skin. Of course they are going to hurt lol. But ... the flu shot and blood tests for me are the ones that hurt the least.

Try being like my father-in law. Recently he had an infection and has so far needed at least 3 shots. ALL through where the infection was ... his left eye.

Edit: I can only think of one place on the human body (male version) that would be worse than getting a needle through the eyeball. I don't think I need to say where that would be, we're all smart enough in here to know where ... @:oops:

Last edited:
I think you may have stretched what I said a little to make your point (which is a valid one).

I never stated that people can't find truth online. I said I'll trust experts over people who have done "a bit of googling"

I'm talking more the people who will read a dozen or so articles from Jenny McCarthy, the Daily Mail or some random blog etc and then think that they know best.

Of course people can do thorough, well balanced research online consulting peer reviewed articles and so on, but I do not personally believe Bryce Cartwright is one of those.
Couldn’t agree more.

Maybe you should do some research that is backing his decision. I certainly wouldn't be getting a flew shot, nor my family. Most people who get the flew shot (last year's strain) get the flew.
No one in my family got it nd we all had FLU shots

I hate needles. They are sharp (obviously) and get jabbed through the skin. Of course they are going to hurt lol. But ... the flu shot and blood tests for me are the ones that hurt the least.

Try being like my father-in law. Recently he had an infection and has so far needed at least 3 shots. ALL through where the infection was ... his left eye.
Tetanus shots are the worst.

Hey @Moops are you having a stroke or something? Your posts keep appearing and disappearing.
To be fair, and as I'm requesting evidence, I will give you a claim and back it up with evidence.
Not vaccinating, and pushing anti vax will likely cost more lives than through any risk posed by vaccinations.
Samoa had 83 deaths as a result of the decline in measles vaccinations (there are likely to also be brain damage injuries that could add to those numbers). Australia has not had any deaths from measles since 1995.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think its more the substance being injected that hurts than the needle itself.

A doctor once told me that indeed it is dependent on the composition of the substance being injected & the reaction of the body to it.

Some vaccines or shots crystallize immediately upon entering the muscle, hence some shots hurt more than others.

I liken it to being injected with broken glass.

Experts, Disco? Nobody listens to so-called "experts" these days. Science, medicine - it's all bull****, probably funded by a cabal of Jewish financiers and a sinister race of aliens from the Planet Zorg. Or the Chinese. They'd be in there somewhere. They want to take our freedom, and our right to be as stupid as we want to be.
There is no debate on vaccination ... the health authorities in every country in the world have studied all the science for 70 years and not one of them even hints at there being a debate ....or heaven help us .... the total absurdity of .. "you have to respect internet Karen for her opinion" ...

It is not a matter of opinion ... it is a matter of science ..... shut the fukk up Karen!
Education in general and about science and medical science in particular has not been a priority for a long succession of our governments. Hence the ignorance on the part of many (me included) on this issue.
In fact typically our politicians want to hold themselves out as the relevant experts, which is why they prefer talking economics than science.

GEEZ @Woodsie
What were you thinking with the title of this thread? Speaks to your popularity I guess - issue an invitation and they all come running to be with Woodsie!
The numbnuts are driving me nuts.
Listen up.
University study for doctors and scientists may be 7 to 10 years but then they continue with lifelong learning through journals, seminars, etc. So no, you can't possibly be completely informed on any medical or scientific topic on the internet unless you've put in the years, even if you've found a trove of peer reviewed journals.
The flu vaccine is developed from the latest flu virus in the hemisphere which is just coming out of it. ie we'll get the vaccine which best fit the flu they had in the Northern Hemisphere while we were coping with bushfires.
Covid19 is not a flu, it's a coronavirus for ****'s sake. How hard can that be to understand?
AND it is the antivaxxers who will condemn so many if and when a vaccine is developed for Covid19.
Here's a bit of light - and I mean light - reading for the numbnuts:

Now, how about them Eagles @Woodsie ?

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8