Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Further to this, there would be over a thousand locals exercising on manly beach every morning, using our natural facilities, I would be confident to say the majority are healthy and would fight bugs pretty well

You may be right @Shnorky but as you say "the majority are healthy..." so it stands to reason that in the minority is where the problems lie.
I'm fit and healthy, rarely get sick but if I want to visit my mum in a nursing home I am required to get a flu shot and have the paperwork to prove it; because that's what the Government wants - to protect others.
If my beliefs are such that I don't agree, is it fair that I could potentially endanger others?
Do I want to visit my mum or don't I?
Pretty simple really in my book, it's not about me, it's about the other 99% of the poulation.

Like most things in life the minority are the ones that stuff it for everyone else, it's not about every man or woman for themselves, it's for the greater good, it's how society should work.

Maybe you should do some research that is backing his decision. I certainly wouldn't be getting a flew shot, nor my family. Most people who get the flew shot (last year's strain) get the flew.

I know your probably trolling...

But over 12 million flu vacs were distributed in 2019 and there was about 300,000 case of flu.

Now I don't know how many of that 300k were vaccinated at various points in the year but I would guess that a large amount had not been vaccinated at the time of infection.

But let's assume all 300k were vaccinated (which isn't the case, but for giggles). That is 2.5% of all vaccinated people.

So saying that 'most' people get the flu who have the flu vac is a bit of a fail. Good trolls at least do some research.

And yes you can get the flu whilst vaccinated, it loses effectiveness over months and the flu mutates. But most Drs agree that people who get the flu whilst vaccinated in the previous 6 months usually present with milder symptoms.

I would have faith that those in high medical position and proven backgrounds, would be trusted in this situation if requiring to take this "Flu shot" prior to the continued 2020 competition.
If Cartwrong wants to rebel, that is fine, but cya later for 2020 and take Addo Carr, Mitchell and Cleary with ya....
By the way, I agree with Cartwright being pig headed as the game is far bigger than his commitment to his beliefs, however we should respect his reasoning as it is a free country, as long as he is following the standard cv laws set out, unlike jac and mitchell

I could provide evidence, however prefer to have a bit debate on here. I may have thought the same as many years ago and got flew shots, however chose to look at the other side of the debate.
Come to think of it, I've never had a flew shot, don't like needles
bye shnorky

But over 12 million flu vacs were distributed in 2019 and there was about 300,000 case of flu.

Now I don't know how many of that 300k were vaccinated at various points in the year but I would guess that a large amount had not been vaccinated at the time of infection.

But let's assume all 300k were vaccinated (which isn't the case, but for giggles). That is 2.5% of all vaccinated people.

So saying that 'most' people get the flu who have the flu vac is a bit of a fail. Good trolls at least do some research.

And yes you can get the flu whilst vaccinated, it loses effectiveness over months and the flu mutates. But most Drs agree that people who get the flu whilst vaccinated in the previous 6 months usually present with milder symptoms.
There's that word troll again

The problem as I see it, is that many general practitioners just hand out antibiotics, anti-psychotics and antidepressants like they’re candy at the corner store, and it is creating multiple off shoot problems as a consequence. I have included “evidence”The from the N.Y. Times and Medical News Today, however there are literally hundreds of other articles on the internet if people really want be informed about this stuff beyond what Mel McLachlan and Kochie tell us is going on.

I’m neither anti or pro vaccination myself. There are particular ailments I would get a shot for and others I wouldn’t.
A Call for Caution on Antipsychotic Drugs

With all the anti-depressants, anti-psychotics and antibiotics which are being prescribed you’d think humans would be getting happier and healthier as they witnessed mental illness decline.

The problem as I see it, is that many general practitioners just hand out antibiotics, anti-psychotics and antidepressants like they’re candy at the corner store, and ts is creating multiple off shoot problems as a consequence. I have included “evidence”The from the N.Y. Times and Medical News Today, however there are literally hundreds of other articles on the internet if people really want be informed about this stuff beyond what Mel McLachlan and Kochie tell us is going on.

I’m neither ant or pro vaccination myself. There are particular ailments I would get a shot for and others I wouldn’t. A Call for Caution on Antipsychotic Drugs
Your "evidence" relates to the overuse of antibiotics - something that almost all health practitioners would agree with. There is even a large sign at my local GP clinic telling people not to ask for antibiotics when they have a cold ..... because it won't help. Viruses and bacteria are not the same and neither is their treatment.
Essentially once there are enough bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics then our healthcare will go back about 100 years may seriously need to reconsider whether they need that knee recon.
Healthcare and big pharma are also very different in the states. There is huge money available for anyone will to push drugs as a solution to patients and those drugs can cost 10 or more times what they do in the majority of the world.
Finally, vaccinations are not drugs and are not administered in the same way. They utilise the bodies own immune system to fight viruses and only serve as an indicator to the immune system as for what to look for.

Your "evidence" relates to the overuse of antibiotics - something that almost all health practitioners would agree with. There is even a large sign at my local GP clinic telling people not to ask for antibiotics when they have a cold ..... because it won't help. Viruses and bacteria are not the same and neither is their treatment.
Essentially once there are enough bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics then our healthcare will go back about 100 years may seriously need to reconsider whether they need that knee recon.
Healthcare and big pharma are also very different in the states. There is huge money available for anyone will to push drugs as a solution to patients and those drugs can cost 10 or more times what they do in the majority of the world.
Finally, vaccinations are not drugs and are not administered in the same way. They utilise the bodies own immune system to fight viruses and only serve as an indicator to the immune system as for what to look for.
I never said they were mate. Just posted a reason why more and more people are growing mistrustful toward vaccines. The “evidence” was added due to it coming from those two publications. More of a disclaimer in case there are people here who do not view the main stream media as a better source of information than Wikileaks and other alternate platforms.

I don’t think @Shnorky is trolling at all. When a person holds an alternate view to the majority these days he is very often labelled as such. This is usually followed up with ridicule as the intellectuals snicker in groups and pat each other on the back about how clever they all are. I’m not implying you yourself are doing this, but I can’t for the life of me see why people presume he is trolling.

Last edited:
I feel like people are far too quick to jump on a conspiracy, like if vaccines were anything other than what they proclaim to be, the sheer volume of people who would need to be in on it without any whistleblowers.........I just don't see it.

Also call me old fashioned but I'll listen to the experts, the people who have spent their life studying in their field as opposed to people who have done a pit of googling.

Lastly, I haven't previously had the flu shot as I'm not big on needles and the last two years I have been floored with the flu, like 10 days can't get out of bed bad.

So this year I put on my big boys pants and needled up!

The idiot nephew of our illustrious coaches aide is refusing to be vaccinated from the flu amid the current pandemic

Is there a chance this baby murderer can never play first grade again? Ok I know he had his numpties brow beat the random he banged into infanticide but please deregister this degenerate filth from our league, in any case he forced the hand of the random into it, I mean it's not like he could've prevented the whole issue by wearing a franga or nothing, but no in true ****stain form raw dog and murder was the go to play

Thank you

Also call me old fashioned but I'll listen to the experts, the people who have spent their life studying in their field as opposed to people who have done a pit of googling.

Experts, Disco? Nobody listens to so-called "experts" these days. Science, medicine - it's all bull****, probably funded by a cabal of Jewish financiers and a sinister race of aliens from the Planet Zorg. Or the Chinese. They'd be in there somewhere. They want to take our freedom, and our right to be as stupid as we want to be.

I don’t think @Shnorky is trolling at all. When a person holds an alternate view to the majority these days he is very often labelled as such. This is usually followed up with ridicule as the intellectuals snicker in groups and pat each other on the back about how clever they all are. I’m not implying you yourself are doing this, but I can’t for the life of me see why people presume he is trolling.

Just the comments they're responding with and calling it the 'flew' leans me toward trolling for the giggles as anti vaxxing moment is such a topical issue.

You are right, the minority do get heard attacked for non conformance these days. Esp on topical social issues. It also means trolls can have a field day.

I find though anti vaxxing is the leader of debate. I normally stay out of social issues but I do think alot of anti vaxers are misinformed and anti vax for the wrong reason. With that misinformation we are seeing pockets of otherwise eradicated diseases making appearances.

I liken anti vaxing to DUI. Sure it's your choice to drink and drive but as you accept the risks you put other lives at risk. Exposing young children elderly or immuno-compromised to diseases like whooping cough can and is fatal.

Now we make DUI illegal to try protect society, vaccination is left to choice (although govt is using it's influence). Socially we have a responsibility to protect compromised people and given that vaccination is a choice, it's even more of a social responsibility.

But people miss that message when they tell us how their body is a temple.

At the end of the day, you choose not to vaccinate, so be it. Just don't ask me for money when your kid is sick with measles.

Its a tricky one. I am all for children getting their vaccinations, infact I get infuriated when parents opt to not vaccinate but as an adult I have never had the flu shot and I never get sick. My workplace offered all our staff free flu shots as a precaution and not 1 person took it up.
I guess if I was in Bryce's position id do it for the good of the game but if it wasn't compulsory I probably wouldn't do it either.

I feel like people are far too quick to jump on a conspiracy, like if vaccines were anything other than what they proclaim to be, the sheer volume of people who would need to be in on it without any whistleblowers.........I just don't see it.

Lastly, I haven't previously had the flu shot as I'm not big on needles and the last two years I have been floored with the flu, like 10 days can't get out of bed bad.

So this year I put on my big boys pants and needled up!
Whilst I agree that many conspiracy theories are completely ludicrous, there are others which which hold up under diligent research. To state that truth can’t be found on the internet is a fanciful claim as there is no other source which provides such in depth information from both sides of an argument. If an individual is prepared to study a counter view and then balance it against there own beliefs, then all kinds of stuff can be discovered. After all, people who spend their lifetime studying a particular field will usually post their findings online.

Also, not everyone is required to be conversant for a shady intention within an industry to go through undetected. Compartmentalising a plan will keep most people ignorantly focused on their own task, then when all the pieces are adjoined, it is only those at the very top of the chain who are aware of what is actually occurring.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8