Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good on Dylan Walker for making himself the face of this on NRL.com by opening his big mouth. What a dickhead.

Is Schuster ready for FG yet?
Agree, Walker is lucky to have a contract, and what is worse it just allows every journo to dredge up his past and crucify him all over again. He obviously just does't like to tow the line.
I don't know why the club doctor couldn't just give him a vitamin injection and tell the feds it was a flu shot. Lets face it how would they ever know its not a flu shot, don't know if there is a way of testing if you actually had it, its not a measles vaccine. Where is Stephen Dank when you need him.

Agree, Walker is lucky to have a contract, and what is worse it just allows every journo to dredge up his past and crucify him all over again. He obviously just does't like to tow the line.
I don't know why the club doctor couldn't just give him a vitamin injection and tell the feds it was a flu shot. Lets face it how would they ever know its not a flu shot, don't know if there is a way of testing if you actually had it, its not a measles vaccine. Where is Stephen Dank when you need him.

Give him a flu shot and tell him it’s vitamins, not like he’d know the difference

For what it is worth...

My wife works in the medical field and has been on a number of calls / meetings since the start of the virus re treatment plans etc.
There is some data regarding the impact of the flu shots and previous Covid outbreaks (mixed reports but possibly contrary) which is why she is taking a cautious path re flu shot.
That does not mean that is no for everyone but it also should not mean potentially yes for all

Ummmm what's he actually done wrong? He hasn't done anything against the law? He didn't go to the media....they asked him the question! He simply answered it! Just happens he plays for Manly so the media make a headline out of it. Everyone here has an opinion about him, about his supposed 'many' discretions & about vaccination so yeah he's entitled to an opinion also..........

Last edited:
Ummmm what's he actually done wrong? He hasn't done anything against the law? He didn't go to the media....they asked him the question! He simply answered it! Just happens he plays for Manly so the media make a headline out of it. Everyone here has an opinion about him, about his supposed 'many' discretions & about vaccination so yeah he's entitled to an opinion also..........
Finally.. FINALLY!!! Someone with some sense! Dont ever leave me alone again :)
I dont get why people are pissed at a guy who doesnt want a flu shot... why is it their business at all for starters and then why rip into the guy for his opinion :banghead:

Last edited:

I'm quite certain he posted his thoughts on instagram and that the media didn't ask him a question. (Looking at his post it seems a bit refined to be his own words)

The media certainly took his post and made a headline out of it which even he would have known would happen, but that's ok.

I'm not posting here whether he should or shouldn't get a flu shot, just wanted to say he put it out there on insta, and wasn't initially asked about it by the media.

I tend to agree with parts of Dylans comments. We need to be careful what we allow to be forced upon us. Hes not anti vaxing, hes saying rules imposed are hard to recind and many are never wound back to where they were. We need to be very very careful about what we agree to, politicians are only there for their own benefit, rules and laws are hard to reverse.

While I agree with your thoughts on this mate, Dylan Walker: aka the illegally obtained prescription med OD'ing, door punching, spouse abusing, serial on-field dickhead; is hardly the NRL/MWSE poster-boy that should publicly view his opinion on this matter.

STFU up Dylan and show us you are anywhere near worth the trouble you are.

I wish they would end the alcohol ban here...the boredom and insomnia is killing me.

remember the **** everyone gave the hippies trying to save the planet. They were the dreggs of society, drug induced idiots . Needed jobs , haicuts and a bath.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, apparently dylan questioning his rights is stupid, a bit like those life saving hippies
Or the rhetoric that supports such a mandate. Ffs lets them work it out without judgement. They will.

I think its interesting and great for society to have these chats, trust and respect has deserted our politicians and sullied many medical organisations , blame the erosion of trust , not the cautious or concerned.

put the high horse in the paddock for a bit. As a society we all have a role to play, not just footy players and floo shots , it seems the overcrowding on the weekend everywhere suggests dylan and catrwright are the least of our worries in fighting the virus. Remember thats the agenda here with the floo shot ( dont think its been spelt that way yet. )

Also, if someone kicks a disabled panda shopping for **** paper, they are arseholes , but there opinion on splitting atoms can still be sound. Thery are not connected. Just an observation

Seems very little effort was made by NRL (and Manly) to educate players and explain the reason flu shots are necessary. Judging from Walker's instagram comment, he's talking about his purported right to look after his own health his way - whereas I assumed the whole point was that it's not just about the players' health but rather to reduce risk to the wider community? ? Makes me think no-one has even explained it to him

Certainly there was nothing I saw in the NSW health ministers comments that explained that point, he simply made a little rant about anti-vaxers, which to my mind is not helpful. This is not about measles, polio or smallpox. Flu shots are not mandatory for the general populace (in fact, the players are not even among various groups recommended by the govt to have the flu shot).

Pity the NRL forgot to sort stuff like this out with the players before telling the govt and tv, 'Yep we're good to go'.

May have misunderstood the situation but isn "t the N S W health or government position right now that N R L players from that state have the option of receiving the flu shot or not . Also sure that i heard some comments from Des Hasler and Trent Robinson advocating an optional flu jab intention for N R L players right now as well . Also presumably Bryce Catrwright and Brian Kelly would still be classified as N S W citizens and then technically would not even be subject to Q L D health provisions . Well presumably . Also again have not noticed or been made aware where having a floo shot is automatically going to prevent someone from contracting the covid virus . By all means for the N R L and various government agencies to recommend and encourage players to have a flu shot but enforcement , another matter completely .. Also since his return to full time footy playing last season , Dylan Walker has given a good account of himself both on and off the playing field so not too sure why he should be receiving any excessive criticism for simply expressing an opinion about his personal choice with flu jabs .

I'm quite certain he posted his thoughts on instagram and that the media didn't ask him a question. (Looking at his post it seems a bit refined to be his own words)

The media certainly took his post and made a headline out of it which even he would have known would happen, but that's ok.

I'm not posting here whether he should or shouldn't get a flu shot, just wanted to say he put it out there on insta, and wasn't initially asked about it by the media.
So what? It’s his opinion end of story. Explain to me why you’re so against him? Millions of people post on Instagram! So what has he done wrong? I’ll bet he’s not the only one to post his opinion of not wanting the flu shot! Personally I believe he should get it but it’s his choice & not a reason for people to crucify him him & make out like he’s a bad apple! Anyway good on him for standing up for his rights! I’m definitely pro vaccination, however the flu shot is not compulsory so everyone has a choice & so should he!

So what? It’s his opinion end of story. Explain to me why you’re so against him? Millions of people post on Instagram! So what has he done wrong? I’ll bet he’s not the only one to post his opinion of not wanting the flu shot! Personally I believe he should get it but it’s his choice & not a reason for people to crucify him him & make out like he’s a bad apple! Anyway good on him for standing up for his rights! I’m definitely pro vaccination, however the flu shot is not compulsory so everyone has a choice & so should he!

Er...

Nowhere in my post did I say "I'm against him" I pointed out that he posted the story on insta and not answered a media person's question like you said.

Not sure why that makes you so touchy?

edit: Literally my last sentence states "I'm not posting here whether he should or should not get a flu shot...."

I think he posted on instagram after he was 'outed' as not willing to take the jab.

I agree with a no-flu jab, no-play, no-pay policy, but I am concerned about how the names of players who would not take the flu jab on the day instructed were leaked to the media. I think I am right in saying that the Manly Three had their names leaked before Marty and Dylan make public statements on the matter.

So, who leaked their names and was this done to put pressure on them to take the jab?

Last edited:
Firstly I will state that by choice I have the flu shot every year.

What I don't understand about all this is why it is now mandatory for every player for this competition restart. Do rep players have to get a flu shot before State of Origin camp or embarking on international campaigns?

I'm sure I've read all the posts. Can someone please give me the scientific basis for enforcing this?

Firstly I will state that by choice I have the flu shot every year.

What I don't understand about all this is why it is now mandatory for every player for this competition restart. Do rep players have to get a flu shot before State of Origin camp or embarking on international campaigns?

I'm sure I've read all the posts. Can someone please give me the scientific basis for enforcing this?

Mate .. to be honest I think the biosecurity advisor that helped pen the NRL's submission to the Gov't to allow themback by the 28th just wanted to tick every possible box in the health dept's register ...

But once submitted and agreed to by Gov't they expected it to be adhered to ... the only reason I think the flu was raised is because reports suggest that having the double dose of Covid and the flu is much worse .... and on a practical level .. if flu hits a squad then blokes would have to be sat out, isolated and tested for Covid on a regular basis disrupting training and possible game squads for the whole 20 weeks ...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8