Cue the numbnuts .. 1st in .. Bryce Cartwright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I heard Walker and maybe 2 others may have not wanted a flu shot....does this effect them playing when we restart...I think Cartwright had this situation earlier and there was talk he may miss game time??
All a bit confusing atm....
Probably will not be permitted to play in Queensland as things now stand but would have to think that something would be resolved before not too long , even with an exemption of some type .

Started with 3 players ... Marty, Walker and AFB ...

Marty copped a tip and got the shot ... the 2 numbnuts ... AFB and Walker are still refusing as of this mornings Telecrap. .

With regards to it affecting our season ... that is in the hands of the State Gov'ts ...

PSS ... Note to Schuster and Keppie ... start warming up boys ...

Marty copped a tip and got the shot ... the 2 numbnuts ... AFB and Walker are still refusing as of this mornings Telecrap. .

With regards to it affecting our season ... that is in the hands of the State Gov'ts ...

My opinion exactly !!

Walker better not give any replacement a chance to take his spot because he'll quickly learn he is dispensable.
Perhaps he's hoping for a return to Redfern as a replacement for Roberts?

It is reported that the brains of the outfit Cartwright and his mate Kelly are suspended from training with the titans ....

Do we know if Walker and AFB are training wih the team or is that only in QLD ??

Manly "s premiership prospects would go backwards with Walker on the sidelines . Schuster not ready , Croker and Cust a backward step for 6 . Elliott and Funa nowhere near the same standard as centre . Has already accepted less money to stay for the next two seasons and was one of Manly "s best last game against the Roosters . Maybe time to give the guy some warranted respect including his stance on a flu shot . As The better Robbo has correctly pointed out , the rest of the work force is under no specific obligation to have a flu shot , why should N R l players be any different .

Has anybody got an update on our two resident numbnuts, AFB and Walker ....
Why are they numbnuts? Coz they have an opinion that doesn’t concur with yours? If they have a belief that prevents them from a flu shot so what? What’s with all this name calling & turning on our players? One thing I’m sure of is no Walker, AFB or Marty no Manly finals! How about we stand by our boys instead of bagging them for what they believe in!

Manly "s premiership prospects would go backwards with Walker on the sidelines . Schuster not ready , Croker and Cust a backward step for 6 . Elliott and Funa nowhere near the same standard as centre . Has already accepted less money to stay for the next two seasons and was one of Manly "s best last game against the Roosters . Maybe time to give the guy some warranted respect including his stance on a flu shot . As The better Robbo has correctly pointed out , the rest of the work force is under no specific obligation to have a flu shot , why should N R l players be any different .

There are many Industries that require vaccination and flu shots ... age care, pre school centres, health facilities, medical practises, pharmacies, .. in fact just about any industry were your health can potentially effect other people, you in fact need to have prove of having had the flu shot to even visit age care relatives ... my son was told no jab no job .... and in the light of this pandemic the number of factories and work sites that will be changing there future work place rules will be legion ...

And not every person in the workforce is trying to convince Gov't to allow an exemption to start a multi million dollar a week footy comp that will give incomes to thousands ... and pleasure to millions ...

As for warranted respect .. sorry ... have exactly zero repect for anybody that ignores medical advice in favour of anecdotal drivel or information provided by interwebby Shanelle ...

Why are they numbnuts? Coz they have an opinion that doesn’t concur with yours? If they have a belief that prevents them from a flu shot so what? What’s with all this name calling & turning on our players? One thing I’m sure of is no Walker, AFB or Marty no Manly finals! How about we stand by our boys instead of bagging them for what they believe in!

Gone through this a 1000 times .... they are not disagreeing with my opinion ... they are disagreeing the the stated policy and opinion of every Medical Authority in every country on the planet ... bar none ... not one National Medical Authority even has doubts ..

And when .. like Cartwright ... your source of your medical advice is your influencer wife who showed you an article on the internet ... and your main supporters are a home and away actress and a TV Chef .... the name numbnut is actually giving them more respect than they deserve ....

I laugh at the anti vaxxers, they claim their kids haven't had vaccinations and are completely safe , yes of course they are BECAUSE every other family has had their kids vaccinated.

That terrible loss of life in Samoa last year with kids being infected everywhere was the result of no vaccinations.

Look I'm not a vaccination crusader if you don't want them so be it BUT if they become a condition of your employment then I get you have two options, 1) suck it up princess 2) line up for the jobseeker allowance.

The choice in my opinion is simple.

Vlanday's getting a lot of praise but imo he has been as weak as ****. He negotiates with the feds and the states and agrees that players will get the flu shot. Some players refuse so he changes the rules for those few.

Now he is talking about changing the draw to accommodate these few players. Simple Pete stand them down and let's get on with it they can play when they want to fit in with the majority.

The only tough 1 has been the qld chief medical officer who has shown the backbone to stand them down. Can we hire her to run the game?

ironically Marty could have got an exemption going on the Qld Health statement, because he had a documented previous adverse reaction to the flu shot.

Such is the obsession with self entitlement that the safety of others appears secondary. Freedom of choice is a nonsense argument. Circumstances don't always deliver preferred choices. The society that we live in does not allow us absolute freedom of choice. We have to comply with laws whether we choose to or not. If we don't comply with the law there are ramifications. In this case if the players don't comply with the rule (namely getting the flu shot) then they shouldn't be permitted to train with others or play. There should be no exceptions.

1589336890155.png
The NRL's plan B

In my view - if you don't want a shot, you shouldn't have one. But without a shot, you shouldn't play (and therefore, you shouldn't get paid either)

I don't care how big a superstar you are.... you will quickly be forgotten as we all know happens quickly once you stop playing... good luck making the same $$$ as a sparkie

This is my opinion for all players from all teams... no Manly bias here. If DCE refuses, he too should be 'let go'. (this isn't an anti-DCE rant..... i love him)

I believe Rugby League are looking for players - feel free to defect

ironically Marty could have got an exemption going on the Qld Health statement, because he had a documented previous adverse reaction to the flu shot.

Agree ... but the key word you used is documented .... there are rare medical conditions and very rare cases of reactions ... the anecdotal evidence of my aunt Gretel once had a flu shot and it meade her sick won't hold much sway under scrutiny ...

There are many Industries that require vaccination and flu shots ... age care, pre school centres, health facilities, medical practises, pharmacies, .. in fact just about any industry were your health can potentially effect other people, you in fact need to have prove of having had the flu shot to even visit age care relatives ... my son was told no jab no job .... and in the light of this pandemic the number of factories and work sites that will be changing there future work place rules will be legion ...

And not every person in the workforce is trying to convince Gov't to allow an exemption to start a multi million dollar a week footy comp that will give incomes to thousands ... and pleasure to millions ...

As for warranted respect .. sorry ... have exactly zero repect for anybody that ignores medical advice in favour of anecdotal drivel or information provided by interwebby Shanelle ...
So are Des Hasler and Trent Robinson Numnuts for publicly advocating a flu jab option for N R l players ? Again where is the indisputable medical evidence that having a flu shot will definitely prevent someone from contracting the covid virus . Fair point about certain institutions and facilities imposing some conditions where highly susceptible and vulnerable people are at increased risk , That is their prerogative but unless it does become a government requirement for the general public , again not sure why N R L players in a general form of self isolation should have to comply as well and if they are not in direct contact with prone groups of the community . Walker and A F B apparently have no covid symptoms at present so not too sure how they can or will be a covid threat by preferring to not get the flu shot if that is their choice and that should still be their right ..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2