Crusher!!!! Does he still have the magic touch?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What point are you trying to make with this statement? It doesn't refute or really have much to do with what I said.

11 tries is not a large number for a winger (and no... let's not start on why our wingers scored much less than this).

And as much as I hate people using highlight videos as absolute fact... you can see that a fair few of those 11 tries had much more to do with Isaako's individual brilliance than guile and smarts of his centre.

I would 100% prefer a clone of Jamie Lyon who had average pace but good defence and borderline genius football brains... as opposed to Roberts who has great pace with the occasional highlight, who otherwise goes missing because he doesn't really do anything else on field that well.
What a flyer this kid is !!!
Speed kills

Roberts has amazing speed but does not really get into the game, unless it comes to him....very hit and miss.
I see why Bozo is chasing speed with some pedestrian options out wide, but would prefer Addo Carr who gets more involved s a winger.....long way to go, but Anderson in our own backyard has many similar qualities and could surprise even in 2019 ??
The Only reason there has not been more buildup with young Hoppa, is a layoff from another injury, this bloke is a major talent with so much ability including a massive fend, evasion and speed.
Hoppa is going to be a Star !!!

Speed is handy but certainly not the paramount quality you suggest for a rugby league player.
Otherwise players like Lee Oudenryn and Scott Donald would be vying for 'immortal' status.
SHUT THE GATE . THE HORSE HAS BOLTED !!!
Speed, Size and Strength dominates in the NRL .
A good skillful player becomes a devastating player with speed .
At a glimpse of a gap what you CANT CATCH you will NEVER tackle . As Rex used to say shut the gate the horse has bolted
Matches can be won on the last few seconds of the game from inside your own quarter line with a player with devastating speed .
Speed does kill . It blows all the ordinary runners away !
iStock_000016187558XSmall_web.png

Isnt this about the impact crusher will have? Will be much better than the previous recruitment people we had with barret!!! Our signings have been average the past few years.

I thought Crusher had been in some form of semi retirement living off the land in Wauchope ?? Not sure how well he has kept his finger on the pulse of upcoming talent. Hopefully his jungle drum network is still beating away, but I can't see how he will have any immediate effect

I don't think it would really take much for Crusher to make a few phone calls to source the best talent. Even semi retired I dare say he is still very well connected and Des knows this.
I'm intrigued as much as everyone else as to who he brings in.

Roberts has amazing speed but does not really get into the game, unless it comes to him....very hit and miss.
I see why Bozo is chasing speed with some pedestrian options out wide, but would prefer Addo Carr who gets more involved s a winger.....long way to go, but Anderson in our own backyard has many similar qualities and could surprise even in 2019 ??
The Only reason there has not been more buildup with young Hoppa, is a layoff from another injury, this bloke is a major talent with so much ability including a massive fend, evasion and speed.
At the titans he did all the time. He won many games for them in his own. At the donkeys they had too much structure. At manly he would kill it but i dont see him coming

The Scott Donald. He would have walked into every manly team of the past 2 years
Guy couldn't tackle a pre-school girl on her first day of school. But the bloke had blistering speed. He was useless under the high ball.

I'd take Uate over him, but he'd beat out M. Wright, J. Wright, Parker, Suli, that's for sure.

Clearly Crusher is scouring the streets of Port Macquarie for talent, in disguise as a garbage truck driver, as of today. He stopped and chatted to a mate of mine who was wearing a Manly Polo shirt during his round. He didn’t want to dwell on last year but did say that a couple of games could have gone either way and Manly could have been on the cusp of the top 8.

And clearly we don’t pay support staff well if our senior recruitment officer has to take on a second job to make ends meet.

On a very positive note, it should instil a ‘work hard’ culture this year if the players are aware of it.

Crusher!!!! Does he still have the magic touch?
His wife thinks he still does ;) and his wife knows him best
Crusher will excel !

Clearly Crusher is scouring the streets of Port Macquarie for talent, in disguise as a garbage truck driver, as of today. He stopped and chatted to a mate of mine who was wearing a Manly Polo shirt during his round. He didn’t want to dwell on last year but did say that a couple of games could have gone either way and Manly could have been on the cusp of the top 8.

And clearly we don’t pay support staff well if our senior recruitment officer has to take on a second job to make ends meet.

On a very positive note, it should instil a ‘work hard’ culture this year if the players are aware of it.
Is this a gee up?

Noel "Compactor" Cleal

Looks like we're focussing our recruiting on other clubs throw-outs this year. I'd prefer he take his rubbish truck past the Broncos or Panthers though, more chance of picking up some decent scraps over there?

Fortunately i am sure that one of Crusher 's mantra tendencies would be to not stay " Down in the Dumps " Also hopefully any recycled player that Crusher may consider would not then still have a readily disposable use by date on his resume .

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6