Crusher!!!! Does he still have the magic touch?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What do some see in the Jet ? Well if you blink feathered friend you wont see a bloody thing
Check the the video on the 46 second mark .
That is 46 seconds from disaster for the Melbourne Storm .
The jet blasts off from inside his 30 and he has Addo Carr and the rest of the storm players giving chase to no avail .
Now Addo Carr is known to run down players but the Jet is no ordinary player . The Jet is a flyer .
Have speed and you will fly like a Sea eagle . Sea eagles were meant to fly !

Looking at the first try...from the 25 second mark..against warrington, That Rhys Evans seems damn fast as well. Covers a lot of ground. sign them both!! sign them all!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhys_Evans_(rugby_league)

*cough* some injuries.

Jimmy The Jet signed a 3 year deal for the Broncs in 2017 worth around 500 k per season so doubt that he will be exiting the Broncos until his contract expires . In any case would not be able to accommodate two 500 k per season centres with Walker also in that salary bracket . [ presuming that he still will be at Manly ] Realistically in the short term can only hope again that emerging talent like Garrick , Suli and Funa can go to the required level in Manly i st grade

Jimmy The Jet signed a 3 year deal for the Broncs in 2017 worth around 500 k per season so doubt that he will be exiting the Broncos until his contract expires . In any case would not be able to accommodate two 500 k per season centres with Walker also in that salary bracket . [ presuming that he still will be at Manly ] Realistically in the short term can only hope again that emerging talent like Garrick , Suli and Funa can go to the required level in Manly i st grade
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...-dragons/04785155-a633-4f05-bf4c-825463c66050

EDIT: This was before the Titan's coerced Kelly to leave Manly - and Des (or others) approving his release moronically (with no replacement - AKA Blake Green).

Walker has 4 Replacements in Suli , Garrick , Elliot, Funa , and the emerging super star hoppa . Plenty of options there unlike -AKA Green.
A mate of mine,s Nephew is trialling with the 20,s or Jersey flegg its called now isnt. They had a game against the first grade squad a few weeks back and he was playing on the wing and he said Hoppa rang rings around him and so did anderson lol. Maybe my mates nephew has a bit of work to do if he wants to make it lol

A mate of mine,s Nephew is trialling with the 20,s or Jersey flegg its called now isnt. They had a game against the first grade squad a few weeks back and he was playing on the wing and he said Hoppa rang rings around him and so did anderson lol. Maybe my mates nephew has a bit of work to do if he wants to make it lol
They are both pretty quick.

Anderson is a footy player and if brought along properly (something I have faith will happen now) could be anything. A skinny indigenous kid with football talent who has proved it against physical talent in the juniors. He could be peachey like or he could burn out or be burnt out. Time will tell.

Haven’t seen enough of young Hoppa thanks to his injury. I like funa but he seems like a safe robust option. Katoa also. I don’t like seeing big physically mature islander kids thrown in early. They dominate junior reps and hold their own in reserve grade but there are too many liki liki types out there lost to the game who needed to be brought in at 23 not 19.

The NSW selectors love him. Picked him, and we win a series. Says a lot. Better than Ferguson and Dugan.
No it doesn't. Think about it... why he was he, a centre, substituted off for Tyrone Peachey in 2 out of those 3 games?

If you watched those games, you would have realised that Tom Trbojevic (playing wing) played much better when Roberts (his inside centre) was off the field.

Why?

Because Roberts doesn't have a footballer's brain. He hardly ever passes to anybody in space, he always thinks he can beat his opposite number by himself using speed, his only asset. It makes for some great highlights when he rarely does make a break... but nearly 100% of the time he doesn't and gets tackled, wasting and opportunities for his team in the process.

He is not a good defender and does not make many hit-ups, so is therefore missing in action for large parts of games.

As for off field behaviour... he is record is very questionable and would not be covered up outside of Brisbane.

I would 100% prefer Will or Albert Hopoate, Schuster or Anderson compared to Roberts.

No it doesn't. Think about it... why he was he, a centre, substituted off for Tyrone Peachey in 2 out of those 3 games?

If you watched those games, you would have realised that Tom Trbojevic (playing wing) played much better when Roberts (his inside centre) was off the field.

Why?

Because Roberts doesn't have a footballer's brain. He hardly ever passes to anybody in space, he always thinks he can beat his opposite number by himself using speed, his only asset. It makes for some great highlights when he rarely does make a break... but nearly 100% of the time he doesn't and gets tackled, wasting and opportunities for his team in the process.

He is not a good defender and does not make many hit-ups, so is therefore missing in action for large parts of games.

As for off field behaviour... he is record is very questionable and would not be covered up outside of Brisbane.

I would 100% prefer Will or Albert Hopoate, Schuster or Anderson compared to Roberts.

Jamayne Isaako was his winger , and scored 11 tries in 25 games for the Broncos (almost 1 try per two games).

When James Roberts loses his pace in a year or two at most, he will just be a centre with no guile, no footy smarts, no redeeming personality traits and no idea how to tackle.

No thanks.

Jamayne Isaako was his winger , and scored 11 tries in 25 games for the Broncos (almost 1 try per two games).

What point are you trying to make with this statement? It doesn't refute or really have much to do with what I said.

11 tries is not a large number for a winger (and no... let's not start on why our wingers scored much less than this).

And as much as I hate people using highlight videos as absolute fact... you can see that a fair few of those 11 tries had much more to do with Isaako's individual brilliance than guile and smarts of his centre.

I would 100% prefer a clone of Jamie Lyon who had average pace but good defence and borderline genius football brains... as opposed to Roberts who has great pace with the occasional highlight, who otherwise goes missing because he doesn't really do anything else on field that well.

What point are you trying to make with this statement? It doesn't refute or really have much to do with what I said.

11 tries is not a large number for a winger (and no... let's not start on why our wingers scored much less than this).

And as much as I hate people using highlight videos as absolute fact... you can see that a fair few of those 11 tries had much more to do with Isaako's individual brilliance than guile and smarts of his centre.

I would 100% prefer a clone of Jamie Lyon who had average pace but good defence and borderline genius football brains... as opposed to Roberts who has great pace with the occasional highlight, who otherwise goes missing because he doesn't really do anything else on field that well.
Not sure why you WOULDN'T compare our centres and wingers ability to finish, or help create a finish to his? That's the whole point.

You're turning your nose up at a State Of Origin selected and quality player , and listed various reasons for doing so, yet out of many available (some quality ) options, Fittler selected him, and won the series, so I guess that answers if Roberts worked in the centres in SOO or not.

Who do you think we have that could play in the centres is better, especially if Walker is out.

Be careful what you wish for. When you watch Parker, Suli, Elliott, Garrick and others plodding around, then we can revisit this.

He is selected at origin level because of his speed. Has no other rep level footy skills and was replaced by a utility several times this SOO series when found wanting. Very poor defensive skills.
Overrated IMHO.

He is a one dimension footballer who OCCASIONALLY scores tries with speed.

He is a grub and is NOT Manly.

Roberts has amazing speed but does not really get into the game, unless it comes to him....very hit and miss.
I see why Bozo is chasing speed with some pedestrian options out wide, but would prefer Addo Carr who gets more involved s a winger.....long way to go, but Anderson in our own backyard has many similar qualities and could surprise even in 2019 ??
The Only reason there has not been more buildup with young Hoppa, is a layoff from another injury, this bloke is a major talent with so much ability including a massive fend, evasion and speed.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6