Croker today has delivered

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anybody can go up a gear if they have a proper coach lol

So true , Ask the boys that play under coaches like Bellamy .

Des Hasler is up there with the best !!!

Some coaches quit and walk out the door

Whilst others like Des rip the fcken door down and lay down the law !

I’ll happily put my hand up and confess after that first try by Wighton, I called Croker a cpl choice words. Then No.1 daughter pipes up and says,
" but you’ve been bagging Elgey for ever, Des finally flicks him and this kid hasn’t played first grade for over a year, give him a go!"
Absolutely shot down. :h:

I’ll happily put my hand up and confess after that first try by Wighton, I called Croker a cpl choice words. Then No.1 daughter pipes up and says,
" but you’ve been bagging Elgey for ever, Des finally flicks him and this kid hasn’t played first grade for over a year, give him a go!"
Absolutely shot down. :h:

Maybe Greenburge is onto to something, listen to your daughters:rofl:

One game does not make a career lest be happy and see where he goes if Egley was there the result would of been different conference is a beast lets hope he runs with it

What makes you worthy to call people fckn grub's ?
I agree. Nobody should call somebody that on here, unless they’re obviously a Parra supporter in disguise (false teeth). It is sad that we have to descend to this kind of thing on our forum...@bozo is a passionate fan...@mave is a passionate fan...the forum is all about opinions and ideas, and ultimately the love of our team. Sure things will get heated sometimes, but we are bigger than name-calling and silly bitching at each other, surely.

it’s like the other day - someone cut me off in a car park...I arked up, shouted “you effing...” then noticed their bumper sticker was a Sea Eagle....and assumed they must have been in a hurry so smiled and waved them through.

Peace love and Eagle-ness.

So true , Ask the boys that play under coaches like Bellamy .

Des Hasler is up there with the best !!!

Some coaches quit and walk out the door

Whilst others like Des rip the fcken door down and lay down the law !

I nominate thee Quote of the year.

Croker played his best game in Manly colours. I reckon the opportunity to show Des plus playing against raiders motivated him. He had a cracking game.

He definitely jumped LG today. With DCE likely sidelined, he will have a chance to lead the team. I hope he comes through as losing both DCE and Turbo is tough.

i never thought he was that bad with us last year, just started to play some good footy before he got injured so we never saw what he could do. I think there are way more positives to his game then Elgey and would love for him to stay injury free and build his game under dez.

I just got on here to say that I just watched a replay and one of the best things I've seen in a few bleak years is the joy on Lachies face when he scored his tries and after the game.
We won in an amazingly courageous manner and this young fella, who has copped a sh*t deal with injuries, was absolutely jubilant and seemed like he was freed of a great weight.
But jeezus this thread is like walking through a war zone.
We won ffs.
And gutsy too.
It's what everyone has been asking for well here it is.
F*ck.
Rejoice...

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/0605a7a4334e32572dc58b227b1b4142

campaigns.json

Resilience of bush kid Lachy Croker takes him from Crookwell to Brookvale Oval

DAVID RICCIO, CHIEF SPORTS WRITER, The Daily Telegraph
March 18, 2018 7:22am

THE story of little-known Manly five-eighth Lachlan Croker begins a few years ago at the bar of the Crookwell Hotel-Motel.

Dale Croker, a sheep shearer and Goulburn Police officer and the father of Lachlan, uses the story as a way to help explain his oldest son’s greatest character; resilience.

“The day he turned 18, I took him down to the Crookwell pub,’’ Dale, the brother of former Canberra great Jason Croker, explains.

“I was pretty proud he turned 18.

“Being from the country, we all enjoy a beer and so I was looking forward to sharing a cold one with my boy.

“He said; “Dad, can I have an Apple Cider?’

“We had one drink and we went home.’’

Dale wasn’t exactly surprised.

He and his wife Sally have witnessed first-hand their son’s sacrifice, as trivial as refusing a sip of alcohol on his 18th birthday, or be it waiting under The Big Merino every freezing Goulburn winter - the meeting spot for his lift to training in Canberra.

The traits of fortitude and toughness are evident in the fearless defence which has earned praise from Manly coach Trent Barrett - despite the crushing shoulder and knee setbacks suffered throughout his career.

Primarily, persistence and patience is dotted throughout Croker’s NRL journey from Crookwell, to Canberra and now finally, Brookvale Oval this afternoon.

A former school captain of Goulburn’s highly-respected Trinity Catholic College, Croker scored an ATAR of 91 in his final year at school.

To this day, Dale still can’t comprehend how his son achieved such a score.

“The thing is, I’d pick him up from school at 3.30pm, we’d drive an hour and-a-half to train with the Raiders until 8pm, we’d then drive back to Crookwell and then he would be up doing his homework until midnight,’’ Dale said.

“He was doing that three times a week. It shows how mentally tough he is.’’

A Crookwell Green Devils and Goulburn Bulldogs junior, Croker grew up as the oldest of four boys, playing footy in winter and cricket in summer.

“He represented NSW in under-16s for cricket. He could’ve gone further, but he had to pick either cricket or football and he chose footy,’’ Dale said.

Croker also played schoolboys rugby union.

Devastatingly, he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee at just 13.

Even at that tender age, resilience got Croker through.

“He was going to Goulburn three times a week for physio and at home he did everything possible to speed up the recovery,’’ Dale said.

Croker returned to the field for Goulburn 14-months later, collecting seven man of the match trophies before winning the under-15’s premiership undefeated.

The following year, the Raiders signed the budding centre-five-eighth to be part of their junior representative teams.

f3eb7ebd8212f98a3f5cfecd35aeefa9

Lachlan is the nephew of Canberra Raiders legend Jason Croker
Over three consecutive seasons, Croker won the ‘Players-Player award’ for the Raiders under-16 and under-18s teams, in between washing dishes for $14-an-hour at the Crookwell hotel bistro.

However, the Raiders almost overlooked Croker all together, prior to the under-16 Harold Mathews trials.

It took the belief of local Goulburn legend, Steve “Freezer’ Freebody, who was working as a junior talent scout at the time for the Raiders, for Croker to dodge the axe.

“They were going to tip him out prior to the under-16 trials and I said “you guys have got to be kidding,’’ Freebody recalled.

“He’s the fittest, he’s intelligent and he’s tough. You can’t coach most kids to be tough and he loves the contact.

“They took it on board and Lachie did the rest.’’

Croker was eventually chosen by the Raiders on the interchange bench for his first Harold Mathews game.

It upset him enough to make sure that he was never benched again playing every match for the next three years.

Croker’s NRL debut was inevitable, having been chosen in the NSW under-18 and under-20 sides, and at halfback for the Junior Kangaroos in 2016 alongside Penrith gun, Nathan Cleary.

similars

His first grade debut came in round two of the 2016 season for the Raiders against the Roosters.

The rookie lasted until just before half-time, forced from the field with a shoulder injury that would require surgery.

Up until last Saturday in his Manly debut against Newcastle, that one appearance for Canberra remained Croker’s only NRL match.

Road-blocked behind Raiders halves Aidan Sezer and Blake Austin, Croker did what so many impatient young players today, would never consider doing.

He spent two seasons playing NSW Cup for Mounties plying his trade until a phone call from Manly coach Trent Barrett last November changed everything.

While the rest of the league world have been infatuated with finding Manly a replacement for the departed Blake Green, Barrett - who being a former five-eighth and country boy can relate to Croker - has backed his young charge to partner Daly Cherry-Evans from day one.

“As much as I would’ve loved him to stay in Canberra, moving to Manly has been a blessing in disguise,’’ Croker’s famous uncle Jason said.

“Everything takes times. Some do it quicker than others, but the thing with Lachie is, whatever he puts his mind too, he’ll do it.

“School, cricket, footy and now he’s got his chance with Manly, if he’s focused on achieving something, there’s not much you can do to stop him.
0605a7a4334e32572dc58b227b1b4142
0605a7a4334e32572dc58b227b1b4142

He sounds too smart for footy...!
Being smart is extremely important for an NRL playmaker!
That includes 'footy smart' instincts but equally just general intelligence to be able to absorb a range game strategies and know when to implement them. Modern NRL is not just all about being the biggest and fastest.
Great to see Croker make his comeback and he certainly did well.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8