• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our season has nosedived ever since the team's ability to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory against Canberra, that was the last straw and losing Walker and Api after that stirring win in Melbourne. We have been a pale shadow since then. The next two games are huge in relation to the team's attitude, Dragqueens and Riff away. If we get belted, it might well be the end for TB, this is his greatest challenge to date!

This isn't a new problem.. We have a mostly rubbish team and have had for a long time. 2016 the team was absolutely dreadful. How did we "fix" it?? We bought green and a few injury prone rejects from other clubs.. 2 years later we are in the exact same boat.. The answer isn't buying rejects like uate,perrett,gonski (or however it's spelt)sirronen,lane,winterstein,wright and wright,croker, hodkinson etc etc etc.. When u load a team with cheap rejects and don't put quality around them, what do you think is going to happen.

Honestly, go thru our top 17 without The manly goggles, and see which players ude put in a "best of the last decade" manly team.. apart from turbos,tapau,dce and maybe Api and Walker, u couldn't name any of the crap players we've had to watch for the last 3 years

Yes, welcome to the NRL salary cap era, from a small teams perspective.

I have very little inside knowledge in the team in regards to culture, unity, professionalism, injured and still playing, fitness , or whatever but in terms of strength, skill, ability the team is far better equipped than the footy indicates

The squad showed plenty of potential in january with joel thompson and soon players like moylan and pearce may come on board if we agree to unload blake green , so things looked pretty nice. there were plenty of background noise in regards to rorting and match fixing but the current squad looked nothing like the team that were alleged . Is that a word. Anyway understand it for me

A couple of wins a massive thumping of the eels , players confidently spruiking rep duties and premierships in march and the team looks strong even after losing out on the blakegreen / replacement fiasco. The team probably overachieved a little last year but showed glimpses of dominance and a very steady improvement from the previous season. Could a baz 5 year plan be a 3 year plan., for the fans anyway the answer is **** yeah. We are manly

Along the line Gorman is annnounced and its a plan

And then the rot set in, the nrl get tough on the club and apply penalties
Injuries, to a team thatsstill has spots in the top 30. Until now what seemed like a tactical ploy in waiting to recruit becomes a little more Risky as demand hastens.

Lussick gets out, seems a little odd and some blood simmers between them allegedly
Hastings, strippers, captain argey bargey , pubic airing, piss poor footy
Form plummets,

Off field has been **** for years and the team has always ignored it mostly. There was a trigger in April that sent the team spiralling and im not sure the turnstyle front office , could impact the team that quickly. The slide was well and truely on the slide well before the NRL penalties . So the manangement and the NRL cant help but i dont see them as the trigger

So its probably the team to own unless its a cashflow problem toward the players. These rumours seem random at best and generally trickle through to other team committments which seem to have no apparent bad reports

The team is iin freefall and look clueless in finding the handbrake anytime soon. Unless this squad can soul search collectively including hastings we are destined for the clubs first spoon. This includes swallowing a little pride, getting cherry, hastings and barrett in the same room and getting the **** done. We still have the tools to build something out of this season if we can uniffy. Then get rid of All the arseholes at seasons end no matter how harsh that is , but for now just get your big boy pants on, and get a unified team with hastings.

essentially hastings is a good player in the position we need now. His skill will help , but that is just a benefit of the decision. If we can get the whole team on side with using hastings to help the team we will at least have the possability of that unity we need.

Green has been a bigger loss than i ever expected as well as siro.

Dce kicking was awful but trent was the worst player on the field by far. He looked good in the first half against Canberra. Was running to the line and showing a lot of urgency and organising the forwards, since then he has been playing like a 40+ year old has been. He needs to run to the line and straighten up the attack and allow dce and tommy to play out the back with some space.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Hey everyone,

I say this without having watched The Warriors game, but I'd like to focus on the perception of the team right now.

You'd have to start, by again saying full strength, we are a contender in my opinion. BUT, that's if Trent Barrett gets us in the right mindset, which he's done maybe 30% of his time at our club.

But what has our Social Media, PR, and media person done in this awful period for us, to stem the flow of pessimism, negativity, innuendo?

As a paying member, I'm clueless to what is going on with the salary cap investigation, the appeal, Brookvale Oval, , the roster, injuries, culture, business plan, future .... everything.

I feel my membership has severely been weakened by not only a lack of communication, but also the transferable amount of games to Perth, Brisbane and New Zealand. We get less value for our dollar today, than we have ever received, which is strange given the lack of results on the field AND off the field.

There seems to be 0 accountability throughout our club. Minute monetary penalty for disobeying the coach, bringing the club's brand into disrepute, strip clubs, punch ons , followed by dreadful form.

I openly ask Lyall Gorman and Wayne Cousin's to lift their games. We appear from the outside in like the most unprofessionally run club in the NRL, and I'm including the 3 clubs underneath us on the table in The Dogs, Cowboys and Eels.

I'm sorry, but the players (including the injured crew) all need to get together, no coaches, look at each other in the eye, advertise / advise each other what they are going to do to help us out of this hole - then hold each other accountable. That's top to bottom.

These listless, lazy, awful results aren't Manly like. The lack of accountability, pride and performance is unfair to all the stakeholders.

The worst part? Guys like Cartwright, Gorman, Ferris, Cousins (all non Manly boys) don't get it. They don't understand what it means to wear the maroon and white, and bleed for the emblem. I don't think (my opinion) one of them is doing their job appropriately. Is there any wonder Barrett has officially complained about his support cast quality?

We need change. In his now (7th year) as a first grade head fitness guy, Ferris teams have won 0 (yes 0) finals with multiple clubs. Barrett is complaining about us getting gassed and being out of games, and unable to lift to get back in.

1. Singe back in, Ferris out.
2. Dan helps Wayne social media wise
3. Rejig the membership base/quality
4. Members need some communication
5. Roster Manager hired
6. Gorman / Barrett given KPI's.

I actually get it when long term fans say they are losing interest. And it's a valid emotion. Why? Because this product on and off the field isn't Manly. They don't deserve to carry The Manly brand. They need to look in the mirror, and lift.

No bull**** anymore. No excuses. Results. We are Manly, not The Titans (Ferris), Dragons (Barrett), Tigers (Cousins), Sharks (Gorman) or Panthers (Cartwright). They don't have passion for the brand straight up. It's just about collecting a pay cheque for these ring ins.

Bring back the Manly pride.

Hey everyone,

I say this without having watched The Warriors game, but I'd like to focus on the perception of the team right now.

You'd have to start, by again saying full strength, we are a contender in my opinion. BUT, that's if Trent Barrett gets us in the right mindset, which he's done maybe 30% of his time at our club.

But what has our Social Media, PR, and media person done in this awful period for us, to stem the flow of pessimism, negativity, innuendo?

As a paying member, I'm clueless to what is going on with the salary cap investigation, the appeal, Brookvale Oval, , the roster, injuries, culture, business plan, future .... everything.

I feel my membership has severely been weakened by not only a lack of communication, but also the transferable amount of games to Perth, Brisbane and New Zealand. We get less value for our dollar today, than we have ever received, which is strange given the lack of results on the field AND off the field.

There seems to be 0 accountability throughout our club. Minute monetary penalty for disobeying the coach, bringing the club's brand into disrepute, strip clubs, punch ons , followed by dreadful form.

I openly ask Lyall Gorman and Wayne Cousin's to lift their games. We appear from the outside in like the most unprofessionally run club in the NRL, and I'm including the 3 clubs underneath us on the table in The Dogs, Cowboys and Eels.

I'm sorry, but the players (including the injured crew) all need to get together, no coaches, look at each other in the eye, advertise / advise each other what they are going to do to help us out of this hole - then hold each other accountable. That's top to bottom.

These listless, lazy, awful results aren't Manly like. The lack of accountability, pride and performance is unfair to all the stakeholders.

The worst part? Guys like Cartwright, Gorman, Ferris, Cousins (all non Manly boys) don't get it. They don't understand what it means to wear the maroon and white, and bleed for the emblem. I don't think (my opinion) one of them is doing their job appropriately. Is there any wonder Barrett has officially complained about his support cast quality?

We need change. In his now (7th year) as a first grade head fitness guy, Ferris teams have won 0 (yes 0) finals with multiple clubs. Barrett is complaining about us getting gassed and being out of games, and unable to lift to get back in.

5. Roster Manager hired

I actually get it when long term fans say they are losing interest. And it's a valid emotion. Why? Because this product on and off the field isn't Manly. They don't deserve to carry The Manly brand. They need to look in the mirror, and lift.

No bull**** anymore. No excuses. Results. We are Manly, not The Titans (Ferris), Dragons (Barrett), Tigers (Cousins), Sharks (Gorman) or Panthers (Cartwright). They don't have passion for the brand straight up. It's just about collecting a pay cheque for these ring ins.

100% correct. 50 years passionately following this team and I am losing that passion. I've never been felt like this before about Manly. The losses are expected and don't hurt as much anymore. It's the consistent un Manly like performances that are doing that. We don't hunt our hurt in D, we don't play with energy or passion (and haven't for a few years and we just look like a rabble not a team. On all measures the club appears to be an absolute directionless mess from top to bottom and I genuinely fear for the future of our once great club.

Hey everyone,

5. Roster Manager hired

Great post Ryan. I'd only add that Penn needs to be front and centre of all criticism because every decision that has lead to this mess has been his.

Hey everyone,

5. Roster Manager hired

He’s probably been too busy blocking lifetime supporters and members on social
Media who voice their opinions and concerns about the current state of the club.
It appears he only wants to hear from
The nut huggers who trot out the line we support the club no matter what. No **** we all do and have through far worse times than this doesn’t mean we cant express our disappointment and want action taken to fix this mess. Or hold a
Coach accountable for the
Teams performance, you have to remember Scott Penn set the standard in 2015 when he said it was a results driven business when he punted a club legend.

That post summed it up perfectly @Ryan

The part about KPI’s, i think that TB might have some tied into his extension last yr hence the meeting with the club a few weeks ago with his legal/manager there. Probably has been reminded about them already. However his press conferences have given me the impression that he looks safe and comfortable no matter how bad we play.

Great post Ryan.
I think we fans need to get active and bombard the club with these questions. We need Manly people back on board ASAP, across all aspects of staff. This has been brewing for years with senior players leaving the club and then wanting nothing to do with Manly. This rot has to stop. Offer positions to Ballin, Kite, King, Beaver, any ex player who has bled for Manly, left on good terns, and can help get this proud club back on it's feet.
Many of our players are lazy, un-spirited and collecting big paycheques. The coach has a list of excuses longer than a Year 12 kid who's never done his homework since Prep.
We need Manly back. The Northern Eagles are playing at the moment.
Bring back Manly.

Great article . It says what most of us are seeing . Problem is that we have a my way or the highway attitude from the owners down to the players group . The club is not together !
Hey everyone,

5. Roster Manager hired

So much for the great Fulton rebuild

He has probably killed this club for good
Sea Eagles on the nose with star

Marty Taupau is an angry man at the best of times - but I can reveal he is fuming at his own club Manly right now.

With the Sea Eagles in disarray after being caught cheating the salary cap, the club has told its squad that it will consider requests for a release from players to lower its wage bill.

That resulted in a flurry of activity from rival clubs, scrambling for Manly’s top talent.

Taupau has had offers from at least three clubs and wants out - but his path to the exit door has been blocked by Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman.

The boss told the rampaging forward he is one of the few players not for sale, and Taupau is fuming, according to team-mates.

The Sea Eagles are a club in crisis, losing their last three games and sitting in 13th spot on the ladder, their finals hopes all but destroyed.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/06/12...pau-fuming-salary-cap-issues-manly-sea-eagles

I've said on numerous posts.
The patience metre has run dry.
I couldn't give a rats about excuses anymore.
2014 was the end of our consistent years of success and what's the common denominator there to where we are now considering 2015 was a self induced write off?
They've had long enough to fix it.
Time for change, starting with the coaching staff.
We have become a modern day version of Norths.
We are Manly, the most successful club in the last 50 years.
Stop the rot!!!!!

Denver Test is next week on 23rd, wonder if Manly risk another injury by releasing Marty and AFB to play :sweating:

giphy.gif

So much for the great Fulton rebuild

He has probably killed this club for good
Sea Eagles on the nose with star

Marty Taupau is an angry man at the best of times - but I can reveal he is fuming at his own club Manly right now.

With the Sea Eagles in disarray after being caught cheating the salary cap, the club has told its squad that it will consider requests for a release from players to lower its wage bill.

That resulted in a flurry of activity from rival clubs, scrambling for Manly’s top talent.

Taupau has had offers from at least three clubs and wants out - but his path to the exit door has been blocked by Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman.

The boss told the rampaging forward he is one of the few players not for sale, and Taupau is fuming, according to team-mates.

The Sea Eagles are a club in crisis, losing their last three games and sitting in 13th spot on the ladder, their finals hopes all but destroyed.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/06/12...pau-fuming-salary-cap-issues-manly-sea-eagles
Screw this, I'm going back to bed

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8