Craig Gower

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Joe Kramer link=topic=185433.msg296834#msg296834 date=1285141975]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185433.msg296684#msg296684 date=1285108008]
No way.
1 name, 3 letters -  DCE
  Gee I hope your not pinning your hopes on DCE he is nothing but a fill in because we have no cash. If he is this new star as some at the club would have us believe he would have got first crack at the spot this year.

Cheers Joe
[/quote]

Rubbish
[/quote]

:) I agree Kiwi... They just gave him more time to develop, without throwing him in the deep end.

If most of the opinions on the forum seem correct everyone thinks our young halves need a mentor. Here a suggestion employ cliff lyons to work along side Geoff toovey and mentor these guys properly. The answer for us isn't in buying a half to fix our problems. We have some amazing juniors coming through let's give them the right coaching and show that we can be like canberra at the moment, bringing through local juniors to become a very strong club. Show patience and have faith we will come through this a lot better than clubs like parramatta will, who are so short sited they need to offer massive money to untried union players, or like the bulldogs. They have bought so many players this year to fill 2 spots, hodgo, Keating, barba and Roberts have faith in what crusher and Dessie are bringing through, fozzy and dce mixed in with the class of chock, snake, kingy killer and gift, along with the youth of hoppa, oldfield buhrer, lussick and whare are our futures.

I agree that foran and dce are the future of the halves if we can keep them together but a bit of guidance on the field from an experience half or maybe even a premiership winning 5/8 would be good... Funny that we already have that in Jamie Lyon on the field... He may be best in the centres but he provides support and guidance to the youngsters, helps with the kicking game and direction. I think people need to give foran and dce a fair go next year before they jump on their backs... foran will have around 50 games in the top grade by the end of next year... would hold him in good stead heading into the finals and if we keep the pair of them together he and dce will have a formidable combination heading into 2012... Sure 2011 would be nice to get a premiership... which we will have the side to do... but as long as we improve and move forward its not the be all and end all!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6