Post-Game Discussion Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Cowboys
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 17:30
82nd minute

Match Stats

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The one thing above all that I am waiting for out of this game is the Telstra Tracker.

How fast did Saab run chasing both Hammer and Taulagi???

Did he beat his 38 km/h best? Did he beat Addo-Carr's 38.5 of 2019 and 38.1 earlier this year???

Ryan

Journey Man
The usual petulant tantrums from the usual culprits. Lots of insults toward the the players and coach. Then adulation five minutes later.

Des will be looking at the positives and negatives too mate. That's two weeks in a row where we seemed lethargic to begin (against the 15th, and 16th placed teams), but had too much quality and class for the opposition. It's something that needs to be arrested and addressed, especially considering the opposition we are about to face.

Did you not think Olakau'atu seemed flat the last two weeks? That Schuster seemed less intense? That Harper isn't running those high speed insizing runs he used to?

Jerry1

First Grader
The one thing above all that I am waiting for out of this game is the Telstra Tracker.

How fast did Saab run chasing both Hammer and Taulagi???

Did he beat his 38 km/h best? Did he beat Addo-Carr's 38.5 of 2019 and 38.1 earlier this year???
Saab wasn’t rushing just took it in his stride.. :)
Hammer.. pftt.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Des will be looking at the positives and negatives too mate. That's two weeks in a row where we seemed lethargic to begin (against the 15th, and 16th placed teams), but had too much quality and class for the opposition. It's something that needs to be arrested and addressed, especially considering the opposition we are about to face.

Did you not think Olakau'atu seemed flat the last two weeks? That Schuster seemed less intense? That Harper isn't running those high speed insizing runs he used to?
For sure. I wasn't referring to you old mate. Just the d1ckheads sitting on the couch who called our players Fcuk wits and the like when we were behind by six points with 75 minutes to go. The hissing cats, in other words.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What a super special last 15 mins of the game. I'm out of superlatives!

I thought the humidity played a significant part with our handling and errors, particularly the first half, and we can't afford the below par completions in the finals. The Cowboys were up for much of that game, which made it tense but exciting to watch, and ultimately ended in an absolute thriller.

Very well done and woohoo, we're in the top 4 - Go Manly!

Freagle

Bencher
A couple of ‘special mentions’ that may go relatively unnoticed in the hype…

Foran was putting in way more than most of the rest of the team for the whole game. Attack and defence. Played above his weight, backed up everything, 110% effort.

Keppie - was massive up the middle in attack and defence. Hit hard, drove players back, pushed through the line every single time.

Freagle

Bencher
It’s got worse recently...
I don’t use fox or kayo if the game is on nine. Can’t stand the goon.
Yeah, i moved to Fox/Kayo to get away from Rabbits “i get every second player’s name wrong” Warren… now I just hit mute when Voss gets too much, which is frequently.

joeboy

Bencher
Mate, it's footy. The Cows had a real dig, the field was atrocious, and it was humid as hell. It's not like we were playing an SG Ball side.

The cowboys had a dig because we let them have one - there is a difference. You can make excuses if you like but that first half was very poor, and won’t cut it in the finals, I get worried manly think they can just flip a switch, the finals wont be like that and if we continue to play how we have been we will be cannon fodder against the better teams, I thought it was an opportunity missed to just play some high percentage footy and not miss tackles

I’m glad we won and it was great to watch, but it didn’t fill me with hope that we are ready for next week

Shoe1

Journey Man
What a super special last 15 mins of the game. I'm out of superlatives!

I thought the humidity played a significant part with our handling and errors, particularly the first half, and we can't afford the below par completions in the finals. The Cowboys were up for much of that game, which made it tense but exciting to watch, and ultimately ended in an absolute thriller.

Very well done and woohoo, we're in the top 4 - Go Manly!
Also they played on moss, not grass

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13