Post-Game Discussion Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Cowboys
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 17:30
82nd minute

Match Stats

Class of 96

Bencher
What an amazing last 15 minutes, and what a fantastic season. As optimistic as I am, conceding 18 points in back to back games against crap teams will be our Achilles heel. That said, this year is the lead in to at least 3 seasons of domination with so many young guns, and others coming through.

Of course, I hope my 2nd sentence comes back to bite me in the arse big time, and we pull off a miracle.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think it was their aunt or uncl’s parent, so not grandma
Look that might be right , I’m Facebook friends with a friend of the family and she stated “ Baba would be so proud of her boys to night “ , and there were a number of comments that followed and I assumed that may have been their name for their grandmother, possibly incorrect.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Reuben Garrick finished the season with 21 tries and 110 goals (from 136 attempts - 80.88%) from 24 games. A total of 304 points and an average of 12.66 points per game.

The first player in history to score 20 tries and 100 goals in a regular season.
The first player in history to score 300 points or more in a regular season.

Not bad for someone that a few were hoping we'd send back to St Merge in the pre-season.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Look that might be right , I’m Facebook friends with a friend of the family and she stated “ Baba would be so proud of her boys to night “ , and there were a number of comments that followed and I assumed that may have been their name for their grandmother, possibly incorrect.
I’m only going on Jake giving his best to his aunt and uncle

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tommy speaks for himself but I thought Garrick was unbelievably outstanding tonight. Under the high ball, defence, kicking and attack was just flawless. The last minute was the classic example of never giving up. He was just amazing tonight.
Can you imagine the Cows players thinking he’ll just run it dead, we’re all ready to hit the showers. Then he stays in the field of play (I was agreeing with Brandy. On first look, I thought he’d gone out). But no, charges it back, and the rest is history. Absolutely amazing.

qldeagle

Bencher
Can you imagine the Cows players thinking he’ll just run it dead, we’re all ready to hit the showers. Then he stays in the field of play (I was agreeing with Brandy. On first look, I thought he’d gone out). But no, charges it back, and the rest is history. Absolutely amazing.
Brandy was wishing he was out. Fark he's a bias prick against us.

Class of 96

Bencher
Can you imagine Payten, apart from the last 15 minutes, asking ‘why didn’t you arseholes tackle like that and have a go in the previous 23 rounds’

Ryan

Journey Man
Some good, some bad, some mixed performances in my opinion. We cannot play like that against The Storm, or we'll be eaten alive.

The Good
  • I felt Foran was outstanding again. Up-tempo. Has a bit of grit about him.
  • I felt Garrick had an amazing game. Especially given the point(s) pressure.
  • I thought Keppie was absolutely outstanding, in attack and defense. He played intense.
  • I thought Croker had a cracker and is still improving every week.
  • I thought Walker was a bit of a game / enthusiasm changer.

The Mixed
  • I thought Saab was brilliant at times.
  • I thought Paseka ripped in, but then kinda disappeared a bit.

The Not So Great

• Olakau'atu, Harper and Schuster played flat tonight (for the second straight week).
  • I thought Sipley hasn't been his bustling best the last few weeks.

Can't be up every game of course, and the scoreline is absolutely falling in our favour. Just hope we don't get some shock therapy next weekend.

D

Deleted member 26876

I was one who questioned Keppie’s place in the 17 before this game. Totally wrong call. He played great all game, and had two big plays in defence and attack before our turnaround at the end of the first half. Very happy for his proving me wrong. And I really should never have bet against him.
Keppie’s whole thing is that some games he plays he is by far our best forward and other games he plays he drops the ball and makes sloppy defencive efforts.

However he has shown today that when he is motivated he is a must have in the side. He’s a player that would really suit finals intensity. Sipley or Aloiai to miss out for mine. Probably Sipley although Aloiai is still a bit underprepared after missing plenty of 2021.

Really want to see Schuster trying a bit harder next week, he’s been flat and has had some lazy moments (eg offside from dce kick)

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16