Post-Game Discussion Cowboys v Manly [Round 25, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Cowboys
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Queensland Country Bank Stadium
04 Sep 2021 17:30
82nd minute

Match Stats

Class of 96

Bencher
As an aside, Payten is a bit of a myth. Talked a big game, dropped the Warriors to head up the Girls, and finished behind the Warriors.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
Hasnt Jason Taumalolo slipped.

A shadow of what he was, not that he played bad but no fire in the belly.

Sad to see.
He has broken his hand twice this year? Maybe more?

He needs to change the way he holds the ball on hit-ups, and it's killed his confidence this year.

Hopefully Payten can make the adjustments in the off-season to Taumalolo's game (and the way he carries the ball), as he is a great player to watch in his prime.

And his cousin Guac plays for Manly... :)

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Not sure if this should be the thread to post this on but it appears next week is Friday at the Sunny Coast. So that means the only team that had to travel considerable distance this week,gets the shortest turnaround
Yes, Suncorp would have been better for us. However, I guess the Storm deserve a home final (think most of their home games have been played there in the last two years). A direct charter flight from Townsville to Maroochydore is not too strenuous - expect our team will be back at their hotel @ 11 pm

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There were 3 tries that were among the best I have seen. Wow...simply stunning.

Could wax lyrical about quality of opposition, taking 70mins to put them away blah blah blah, but why spoil the magic?

Those 3 tries by Jakes (off Guac's amazing tap-back) was a better version of Inglis's; Turbo's individual effort was a better version of Haynes, and that last try....far out there have been some long-rangers, but that was just so exciting to watch.

Kudos boys, best of luck against the Storm - one things for sure, they have been exhilarating to watch this year after the start to the year.
These three?:

Manly score from crazy bat back! | Fox Sports Videos
Turbo takes on a whole team! | Fox Sports Videos
MADNESS: Manly go 110m on the siren! | Fox Sports Videos

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The mood in the team after the various miracle plays tonight reminds me of the days when Snake would throw the ball between his legs for try assists, and players would go rock paper scissors to see who scored.
They were great days. And whether we win the comp this year or not, those days are back again! Absolutely brilliant!

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
How do you split the following.

1 - hack a lot of lugee passback for jurbos try. If that was ingliss we would be hearing about it for a year

2 - Turbos, shrug off every player on the cowboys to score try

3 - turbos after the buzzer try that involved the whole team

3 tries that were individually brilliant and had they not happened in the same game would be remembered and talked about. However we will remember only one or two of those.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I don't think any other team in the competition can score such exhilarating trys as Manly. There is a magic in this team that can't be matched anywhere else. If the premiership is won on scintillating attack then we will take it.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I must say I thought Harper, guac, dce and shoe were all down on their best tonight... hoping they have got it out of the system in time for the finals!
I think for Harper, guac and shoe it’s their first year in grade, living away from home etc so they are probably fatigued. Let’s hope the finals atmosphere will bring out the best in them.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Well after Round 4 I certainly didn't see us Top 4!:party:
What an amazing season from Manly. Have supported this team for over 40 years now and I've never seen a season like this one.
Just one whinge from today's game - how did they possibly award that McLean try when the ball was short of the line?@:mad:
Come on Manly. Let's beat Melbourne. So sick of them.
Go you good things!

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
The end result was fantastic, some magical stuff there the last 15minutes but I just can't shake the first half feeling of the last 2 games
No energy, no direction waiting for someone else to have a go, I really hope we don't start like that against the storm because we won't be in the hunt.
It hasn't left me confident in taking Melbourne down when prior to this game I was.

Ahh Fk it I love watching these lads, well done boys, enjoy the win and knuckle down for the week ahead, we're all behind you, you good things !!!
MANLYYYYYYYYYY WHOOOO

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I was one who questioned Keppie’s place in the 17 before this game. Totally wrong call. He played great all game, and had two big plays in defence and attack before our turnaround at the end of the first half. Very happy for his proving me wrong. And I really should never have bet against him.
Yeah same. He was excellent!

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
The mood in the team after the various miracle plays tonight reminds me of the days when Snake would throw the ball between his legs for try assists, and players would go rock paper scissors to see who scored.
They were great days. And whether we win the comp this year or not, those days are back again! Absolutely brilliant!
I still haven't seen a better try than that one against the Broncs, where somebody chipped over back inside, Snake picked it up on the half volley and threw a miracle pass back inside to DCE(?). Seriously, I've watched the mighty Manly since the 70s and that still stands out as THE try.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I still haven't seen a better try than that one against the Broncs, where somebody chipped over back inside, Snake picked it up on the half volley and threw a miracle pass back inside to DCE(?). Seriously, I've watched the mighty Manly since the 70s and that still stands out as THE try.
My favourite Manly try ever was Snake catching the bomb to snatch victory against the Tigers in the dying moments of the match at Brookie. Can't remember what year it was now.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
My favourite Manly try ever was Snake catching the bomb to snatch victory against the Tigers in the dying moments of the match at Brookie. Can't remember what year it was now.
I was just watching back through a lot of those Manly tries during the Snake era and I was amazed how many top shelf tries there were I had forgotten. Amazing era of footy for Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16