Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
There are so many factors feeding into this now.

The NZ travel ban, stadium lock out, players and club officials siding each side of suspend the season, etc..

Suspending a season is a logistically very hard. It may be taken our of their hands should players start getting sick.

Sponsors and networks aside (which would be very vocal) you have to think about how.

Do you play into the summer, (can you with the heat), do you bin rounds (and accept the potential unfairness of a unbalanced draw), do you play catch up games or games when SOO was sheduled. Do you move SOO to summer and play in colder city like Canberra or Melbourne.

So many factors. Apparently the storm put forward 5 scenarios.

To be honest I am glad I'm not NRL HQ.

Nike

Reserve Grader
The general disrespect that many of the youth/millennials have toward people in general is astounding. I’m 49 and remember being young (it goes very quick) and am now grateful to the older boys who would have knocked me the fark out if I gave older people half the lip you do.

Admittedly, there was no internet back then, so we didn’t have the luxury of putting on a keyboard suit of armour. You had to voice your concerns to man’s face, and be prepared to roll with the punches. It was perfectly fine to be a bloke, proper respect still existed (as opposed to the wishy washy, emasculated garbage of today) and people generally paused before throwing out an asshole inspired opinion.

Oh yeah...we met girls in the flesh and everyone enjoyed a good chuckle over a nice cold schooner whenever a chest beating d1ckhead got dropped.
It's not disrespect, it's pointing out the plain obvious to the ignorant, uneducated, entitled generation who can't seem to see the world has passed them by and times have changed.

There's always been an air of anti-intellectualism in the Australian culture but with the advent of the internet providing a citable, sound reasoning for any bull**** you regurgitate rubs you the wrong way because it doesn't fit your narrow-minded worldview.

Here's a plethora of articles explaining why higher interest rates does not mean the "boomers" had it harder - https://www.google.com/search?clien...30j0j0i8i30j0i8i10i30j33i21j30i10.tMt5-6-8ZuA - take your pick.

Educate yourself, or keep smashing schooners and having a yarn about "dickheads getting dropped" - your tune will be sure to change when we hit 10-15% real unemployment after all the bull**** stat padding the government persists with.

Change is coming whether you like it or not, it always has and it always will. It's up to you to stay informed and educated and you have no excuses not to be.

Kevinward777

First Grader
It's not disrespect, it's pointing out the plain obvious to the ignorant, uneducated, entitled generation who can't seem to see the world has passed them by and times have changed.

There's always been an air of anti-intellectualism in the Australian culture but with the advent of the internet providing a citable, sound reasoning for any bull**** you regurgitate rubs you the wrong way because it doesn't fit your narrow-minded worldview.

Here's a plethora of articles explaining why higher interest rates does not mean the "boomers" had it harder - https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-razer&sxsrf=ALeKk01D6aC9G9OKo9tI_1lLEOq4rH1fKg:1584187213118&ei=TcdsXtPoBoKR4-EPyc6-yAk&q=generational+housing+prices+myth&oq=generational+housing+prices+myth&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3...10432.17991..18157...0.0..0.254.9286.0j39j10......0....1.........35i39j0i67j0i273j46i67j0i7i30j0i13j0i13i30j0i7i5i30j0i8i7i30j0i13i10i30j0i13i5i30j0i8i13i30j0j0i8i30j0i8i10i30j33i21j30i10.tMt5-6-8ZuA - take your pick.

Educate yourself, or keep smashing schooners and having a yarn about "dickheads getting dropped" - your tune will be sure to change when we hit 10-15% real unemployment after all the bull**** stat padding the government persists with.

Change is coming whether you like it or not, it always has and it always will. It's up to you to stay informed and educated and you have no excuses not to be.
I’m surprised an intellectual giant such as yourself missed the part where I posted that my age is 49 young Oliver. I am a generation X man.

Change is coming whether I like it or not? Yeah I know... it’s bleeding obvious. I don’t need a Swedish teenager to tell me so lol. However, I’m willing to bet everything that the change you and little Greta tell me is fast approaching, won’t resemble the one you have stored in your heads.

Money rules the world Oliver, always has and always will. You can regurgitate yesterday’s knowledge in fancy new colour till you’re blue in the face and it won’t change the fact. The super rich will continue to rule the world via their banking systems whilst the middle classes of whom you so vehemently despise become thinner by the day.

Over 50% of the worlds entire wealth is owned by 1% of the population, and 85% of the entire wealth on earth belongs to the top 10% of adults. When they die, you’ll serve their kids.

The uneducated, schooner drinking opinion that I was attempting to get across was more to do with the way we used to respect our elders. The hatred some young people have toward older folk is outrageous. Those old bastards who are supposedly responsible for ruining your world just so happened to live in a period where they could get ahead by applying themselves and working hard. Wow, what a crime.

Do you drive a car?

And yeah... if old folk were dying in huge numbers around the world from a virus when I was young, I would have been more respectful and compassionate of the circumstance.

Last edited:

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So I see Adam Blairs wife has been going on about the warriors possibly being bassed in Australia for the foreseeable future. Apparently she has kids and has to do her university degree exams so no way is he staying in Australia to play footy.

Wonder if she realises the nice house she lives in, the good school her kids go to and her uni feels are probably paid for by the wage her (knob head) husband gets.

More headless ****wits too self absorbed in their own ****.

It is pretty simple really.
No footy - no broadcast money (MUST be 8 games a round) - no huge, easy money for players (and their spoilt accessories) - no money to sustain club staff and expenses.

The NRL would prop up clubs to a shoestring but does not have the money to pay player contracts.

That is why every avenue is being considered.

Would broadcasters pay the full contract for 16 games? No, of course not.

Lucky there is a 30M surplus/profit coz it will be used up with this...and then some.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
It is pretty simple really.
No footy - no broadcast money (MUST be 8 games a round) - no huge, easy money for players (and their spoilt accessories) - no money to sustain club staff and expenses.

The NRL would prop up clubs to a shoestring but does not have the money to pay player contracts.

That is why every avenue is being considered.

Would broadcasters pay the full contract for 16 games? No, of course not.

Lucky there is a 30M surplus/profit coz it will be used up with this...and then some.
In a word insurance

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I’m surprised an intellectual giant such as yourself missed the part where I posted that my age is 49 young Oliver. I am a generation X man.

Change is coming whether I like it or not? Yeah I know... it’s bleeding obvious. I don’t need a Swedish teenager to tell me so lol. However, I’m willing to bet everything that the change you and little Greta tell me is fast approaching, won’t resemble the one in which you have stored in your heads.

Money rules the world Oliver, always has and always will. You can regurgitate yesterday’s knowledge in fancy new colour till you’re blue in the face and it won’t change the fact. The super rich will continue to rule the world via their banking systems whilst the middle classes of whom you so vehemently despise become thinner by the day.

Over 50% of the worlds entire wealth is owned by 1% of the population, and 85% of the entire wealth on earth belongs to the top 10% of adults. When they die, you’ll serve their kids.

The uneducated, schooner drinking opinion that I was attempting to get across was more to do with the way we used to respect our elders. The hatred some young people have toward older folk is outrageous. Those old bastards who are supposedly responsible for ruining your world just so happened to live in a period where they could get ahead by applying themselves and working hard. Wow, what a crime.

Do you drive a car?

And yeah... if old folk were dying in huge numbers around the world from a virus when I was young, I would have been more respectful and compassionate of the circumstance.
The stat I keep going back to is the fastest growing rate of homelessness in this country is for women over 55. Sure, let's hate all older people! I can't wait til the penny drops for these young fools that it's always about class and not generations. Hoodwinked supreme.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Entire countries are shutting down. Much more serious than footy games which will be the first to go.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Kids dont have respect these days, dont understand the struggles previous generations had. Previous generations were taught respect.
Whom ever raised these kids has failed big time. (but dont tell them that, they are easily triggered).

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyone else wake up, check the news to see covid-19 creeping closer and closer to your town?

No?

Psssh, damn hippies.

Cioran

Bencher
Just play all games in the big stadiums and tell the spectators to leave at least a metre between themselves and other fans. Plenty of room. Take out two of every three seats. Still plenty of room for the average crowd at a major stadium. Have misting sprays loaded with disinfectant at every gate. Let people bring their own food and drink. Why to the NRL find it so hard.

It may not work at Parramatta and Brisbane home games but who really cares.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
If the NRL shuts down, the AFL will do every trick in the book to ensure it keeps going. AFL would be thinking all those bored NRL tv viewers & gamblers will come get a dose of AFL and never leave.

The reverse is probably true for NRL too if AFL shuts down, but NZ's ban has just put a dagger through the NRL season, given the NRL said only two days ago we're all in this together and no club will get left behind.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Just play all games in the big stadiums and tell the spectators to leave at least a metre between themselves and other fans. Plenty of room. Take out two of every three seats. Still plenty of room for the average crowd at a major stadium. Have misting sprays loaded with disinfectant at every gate. Let people bring their own food and drink. Why to the NRL find it so hard.

It may not work at Parramatta and Brisbane home games but who really cares.
Dont forget to not touch anything,no pissing ,no sh!tting,no coughing and no spitting.
Should be fine, no ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14