Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
All of the actual experts im reading are saying things much more serious than the govt, nrl etc.
Screenshot_20200315-074952.png

Last edited by a moderator:
NRL press conference in 20 minutes , I’m expecting they’ll move all teams to QLD, possibly Townsville ( the hottest part of Australia and the least likely part for the virus to survive ( it doesn’t like heat apparently ).

I guess we’ll know soon.

NRL press conference in 20 minutes , I’m expecting they’ll move all teams to QLD, possibly Townsville ( the hottest part of Australia and the least likely part for the virus to survive ( it doesn’t like heat apparently ).

I guess we’ll know soon.

I may have a few less initials than that doctor in @manlyfan76 's post but I can say with 100% confidence that moving nrl games to a hot place as the virus doesn't like heat is b/s.

Canadian research team isolates novel coronavirus behind COVID-19
Researchers from Sunnybrook Research Institute and two Ontario universities have managed to isolate and grow copies of the new coronavirus that has caused the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic.

Isolating the virus, which has caused (as of March 12) more than 125,000 infections around the world, can help scientists in Canada and around the world to “develop better diagnostic testing, treatments, and vaccines,” and also understand it a bit better in terms of its biology and evolution, according to Sunnybrook.

-C'mon guys, we can't do everything ourselves! lol

Canadian research team isolates novel coronavirus behind COVID-19
Researchers from Sunnybrook Research Institute and two Ontario universities have managed to isolate and grow copies of the new coronavirus that has caused the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic.

Isolating the virus, which has caused (as of March 12) more than 125,000 infections around the world, can help scientists in Canada and around the world to “develop better diagnostic testing, treatments, and vaccines,” and also understand it a bit better in terms of its biology and evolution, according to Sunnybrook.

-C'mon guys, we can't do everything ourselves! lol

3 scientists at the University of QLD have created a vaccine , it’s now in testing with lab mice.

Hope to have it in human testing by June, commercial production by November.

They unfortunately have to follow all protocols and can’t do it faster.

Source, the Weekend Australian newspaper.

Round 2 to go ahead played in empty stadiums.

All other options including season suspension are on the table.

3 scientists at the University of QLD have created a vaccine , it’s now in testing with lab mice.

C'mon Canada, pull yer finger out!

I may have a few less initials than that doctor in @manlyfan76 's post but I can say with 100% confidence that moving nrl games to a hot place as the virus doesn't like heat is b/s.
Maybe not this virus [ there still is some conjecture but quite possibly it still can ] but high temperatures definitely degrade the Hendra virus which originates from flying foxes . Read somewhere last week where the jury is still out whether heat can have some effect on this corona but has not been ruled out .. Townsville recorded its first corona case yesterday afternoon so that will restrict some consideration for increased N R L games there .

Anyone who can get to game today should (heading there myself) as I fear with suspension of season (just a matter of time) I fear we as a club will not survive. We scrap by as it is this may be the fatal blow. Just saw the conference from the nrl they are dreaming if they think the government is going to give them money. I love the game as much as anyone but my taxes should not go to propping up football clubs in a health crisis.

I hope if they do get a vax they should be able add the autism gene to it for those who spread anti-vax post on social media.
No anti vax posts = straight vaccine.
Anti vax posts on fb? You gettin autism (but nor corona)

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11