Cody Walker has refused to sing the Australian anthem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just to clarify how African-American players protest police brutality, nothing to do with patriotism nor their anthem :shake:

take a knee

It's what NFL players do now during the playing of the national anthem to call attention to alleged police brutality/racial inequality in America,

but which has been interpreted by some (especially by those on the political right) as a disrespectful act that insults the American flag and the values the flag represents

Lol at the NRL pandering to these racists.
Half time entertainment is going be from aboriginal extremist rapper Briggs. He’s a piece of **** that guy.

You keep saying ‘our’ treatment of aborigines etc . As far as I can see aborigines today are treated in a lot of ways better than non indigenous people . My mates child goes to a $30000 a year school for nothing simply because he is aboriginal . He also enjoys a home loan that is cheaper than mine .

Do we really need to go through all the stats about how indigenous people are far worse off ? Really?

Lol at the NRL pandering to these racists.
Half time entertainment is going be from aboriginal extremist rapper Briggs. He’s a piece of **** that guy.

Because he stands up for indigenous people? Or do we need another thread on all of this....

Or do you really believe there is white racism? I thought you were joking on that one?

I think I have found the perfect solution to the anthem problem. we should replace Advance Australia Fair with the Sex Pistols God Save The Queen. its inclusive, has very few words, no mention of any race,color, or creed and more importantly our players can head bang which fits in with HIA rule.

I will impressed when they refuse to play for, or accept money from Australian owned clubs in an Australian owned NRL and refuse to pay taxes to an Invading power and tell the invaders to stick their hush money welfare up their arses .... until then selective grandstanding is just a load of twat doodle ....

Do we really need to go through all the stats about how indigenous people are far worse off ? Really?

Yes there are stats but yes there are the real stories about the efforts of countless people over decades of the continued efforts to support various indigenous communities acorss Australia.

My late Irish father was heavily involved with the Aboriginal Torres Straight Islander Commission for many years in the 80's and 90's known back then as ATSIC. I saw first hand as a child in various communites out bush in NSW what challenges the indiginoius communites faced then and I am sure the same issues are still evident today. I remember communities such as Toomelah in NSW and the effort and monies government put into assisting these communities to try and break the unfortunate habits such as alcholol, smoking and housing and welfare of children and adults. The goverment provided new housing and support services. Some of these houses would be destroyed by some residents unfortuanately and as recently as 2017 even 200 army troops set up camp just outside town for 6 months when the population of the town is only 300 people to try and assist the community. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-10/aboriginal-community-assistance-program-toomelah/8505812

My father even worked on the edge of the Tanami dessert in the Northen Territory (400 km north west of Alice Springs) in Willowra working at one of the largest aborignal owned peices of land in Australia after they claimed the land back in 1983 and was originally purchased in 1973 by the Department of Aborigibnnal affairs and at the time was held in trust for the community. My late father helped the Willowra community set up a proper garbage bin collection service of which they had none, organised TV sets for the whole community and set up a TV antennae so they could watch TV and movies at night (broadcast via VCR at the time), organised Food vouchers so some oif the locals wouldnt spend all their money on alchohol and tobacco and organise the schooling arrangements and general helping of their day to day lives.

The amount of effort from both white and coloured people to assist the people in these communities is enourmous and I feel there are better ways by indigenous people to assist their cause of their own people changes of their ways. By simply not singing the national anthem it simply divides communities and creates division as we have seen on this forum. It is time to move forward and not continue to look back. If we want to look back we can start to properly research the efforts that govenment go to and many other poeple to try and continue to assist people in these communities to help them achieve a better life. As long as they have role models and the HOPE of a better life that doesnt involve alcohol and drugs by seeking a better education to then give them a better opportunity in life to give themselves and their kids a better life.

I have had the pleasure of meeting some amazing Aborignal people like Roger Knox who is the King of Koori and if anyone hasnt heard Roger Knox google him and listen he is an amazing singer and thats coming from someone who doesnt like Country music.

Go the Sea Eagles and the Mighty George Rose and Joel Thompson who are both great role Models for indigenous people!

Last edited:
Because he stands up for indigenous people? Or do we need another thread on all of this....

Or do you really believe there is white racism? I thought you were joking on that one?
He preaches hatred mate. Not sure how much know about him. He’s a grub.

I respect his decision. The national anthem was written at a time when indigenous Australians were not free. They were never meant to be included in the anthem as they had no say in our nations development when it was written and a long time thereafter. It is quite shameful that they were only granted federal voting rights in 1962. Qld granted them voting rights for state elections in 1965. We are not talking a very long time ago. So I can appreciate how Cody grew up thinking that way and understand why he is taking a stance by not singing the anthem. He is doing so in a dignified way.

I respect his decision. The national anthem was written at a time when indigenous Australians were not free. They were never meant to be included in the anthem as they had no say in our nations development when it was written and a long time thereafter. It is quite shameful that they were only granted federal voting rights in 1962. Qld granted them voting rights for state elections in 1965. We are not talking a very long time ago. So I can appreciate how Cody grew up thinking that way and understand why he is taking a stance by not singing the anthem. He is doing so in a dignified way.

Why do people complain about voting rights? I have been trying to get myself OFF the electoral roll for the last twenty years!!! Impossible to do...

I will impressed when they refuse to play for, or accept money from Australian owned clubs in an Australian owned NRL and refuse to pay taxes to an Invading power and tell the invaders to stick their hush money welfare up their arses .... until then selective grandstanding is just a load of twat doodle ....
Thanks Woodsie. I now have the phrase “twat doodle” stuck in my head.

I bet Cody is gutted he wasn't born north of the border - he misses out on signing that deeply spiritual, anthemic team song of the Morons - altogether now "singing ay yi yippee yippee aye......"

FMD, now that's something you can relate to if you have a single figure IQ. Queenslander !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an argument that no one can win, there's no denying that the life of all indigenous Australians monumentally changed in 1770, some may say for the better, some may say for the worse, and similar to most other colonised indigenous groups, there's no denying that atrocities have been committed against them, but do we move on or constantly reflect back?

Justin Hodges said the first intelligent thing he's ever said today. He sung the anthem for the male and female soldiers that died to protect Australia's freedom. That'll do me. Well said Hodgo. Sing it u bastards.

Jake.......

News.com...........

Blues players make presentation to teammates over anthem boycott

Indigenous NSW players have made a presentation to their teammates on game day ahead of their national anthem boycott on Wednesday night.

Blues assistant coach Danny Buderus revealed on Wednesday morning the players, including Cody Walker, Josh Addo-Carr and Latrell Mitchell, had spoken with the support of coach Brad Fittler in a bid to ensure it will not be a distraction when the anthem is played just minutes before kick off.

It comes as NSW star Jake Trbojevic declared he will sing the anthem loud and proud.

Link:https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...s/news-story/3c2c9bb608b061ba707927b2e6caf1f7

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8