Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone who thinks Seibold is an inspiring leader and successful head coach, is absolutely kidding themselves. But instead of ranting on, I will continue to support anyone wearing the jersey, and dream of a 2024 miracle (absolute delusion!)

Our real issue is with Penn. That tosser of an owner of ours. I don't think one single person can disagree on just how horrible things have become under his tenure.

Fun fact: Only Tigers, Warriors, Titans, Dragons, and Bulldogs have missed out on the finals more times (just!) than Manly over the last 9 years.

With Des at Titans, Flanno at Dragons, the continued signing spree at Bulldogs, and Warriors exceptional form and list management, it will be just us and the Tigers fighting it out for the title of worst club in NRL history over the next few seasons

Kudos Mr Penn, you douchebag

Seibold inherited a train wreck on and off the field, so it's no great surprise that he hasn't been able to get things back on track immediately.

We have a couple of exceptional players, some good players and a lot of very average players. Occasionally those players are able to gel as a team and produce a good performance, but really, they have been wildly inconsistent for years and the idea that we have a "premiership roster" is laughable. We are nowhere near the level of the top NRL teams.

Wishing we had Des back isn't going to help either. Des is gone. Maybe that will be more obvious to everyone when he's coaching the Titans next year.

And the idea that Des would have led us to finals glory last season if not for the rainbow jersey implosion is almost as laughable as the idea we are currently in a premiership window. We were **** before "Rainbow Gate" and we were **** after it. This team - Des's team, or, more accurately, Penn's team - has been underachieving and looking for shortcuts for years. As an organisation and team, finding excuses is about the only thing we are good at.

Is Seibold the right man to fix it? Probably not, but we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future so we better hope he can do something.

Last edited:
From the post game discussion thread:

I don’t know what people expect a coach to say.

Des mumbled & gave nothing away - complaints.

Seibold answers questions directly & doesn’t throw his players under the bus - complaints.

Are people expecting him to carry on like Ricky Stuart, calling opposition players dogs & telling us he’s got a shed full of players who are all hurting?

What difference does it make anyway? Has anyone ever heard a coach say anything after a loss that would satisfy a pissed-off fan base?

What Siebold actually said:

"The Roosters won the physical battle tonight. Most of the little contests in the game - whether it's a physicality thing or an effort thing - they probably won just about all of them. The guys kept fighting to the end but we just weren't where we need to be to beat a good team. Regardless of where they are on the ladder they are always a physical challenge and they won that challenge tonight. We were still throwing some punches at the end but we didn't get it quite right when the game was on the line." - Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold

Fairly accurate summation - I can't argue with any of that. The Roosters won the physical battle last night, and therefore won the game. End of story.
Oof.

Please don’t post facts & expect them to get in the way of a good story.

😂

I was a big supporter of his. I thought he would fix our defence. I'm on the fence now... not convinced with his tactics or player recruitment.... happy to see how he goes next year...
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this season but I started questioning that after the photo appeared of him drunk at Maccas.How of the top tier coaches would you see in such a situation?

He inherited a roster made by Des and it is obvious our forward pack is too small and loaded with second rowers not middle forwards. Next year will define him as he has brought in players he wants and extended those he wants to keep and on lookout for middle forwards. Just look at the top teams and their bench has at least 2 middle forwards who give the go forward when starting middle gets rest, we lack that go forward when our bench goes in.

What Seibold has shown though is he is not shy to drop players who don’t perform, unlike Des who a number on this forum kept complaining for him to drop players but he wouldn’t.
Good post this one , it was always going to be a 3 year tenure , with him having to put runs on the board by year 2.

I always laugh when it’s all to do with the coach , although I agree some of it IS.

The coach isn’t on the field , the coach doesn’t give up when the going gets a bit tough, the coach might have a good plan but doesn’t mean the players will follow it , the coach doesn’t drop the ball , or give away penalties. AND the coach doesn’t plan for his players to be injured.

Wouldn’t matter if we had Bellamy & Bennett as head coaches , a **** roster is still a **** roster.

And currently , ours isn’t complete ****, but it sure isn’t 5 star !!

Seibold inherited a train wreck on and off the field, so it's no great surprise that he hasn't been able to get things back on track immediately.

We have a couple of exceptional players, some good players and a lot of very average players. Occasionally those players are able to gel as a team and produce a good performance, but really, they have been wildly inconsistent for years and the idea that we have a "premiership roster" is laughable. We are nowhere near the level of the top NRL teams.

Wishing we had Des back isn't going to help either. Des is gone. Maybe that will be more obvious to everyone when he's coaching the Titans next year.

And the idea that Des would have led us to finals glory last season if not for the rainbow jersey implosion is almost as laughable as the idea we are currently in a premiership window. We were ** before "Rainbow Gate" and we were ** after it. This team - Des's team, or, more accurately, Penn's team - has been underachieving and looking for shortcuts for years. As an organisation and team, finding excuses is about the only thing we are good at.

Is Seibold the right man to fix it? Probably not, but we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future so we better hope he can do something.
Can I just adjust your post slightly , “ we were **** before Rainbowgate , and we were **** afterwards “

The addition to that , we are still ****!!!

A couple of great players
A superstar who never plays
A couple of passionate players , mostly who wouldn’t feature in another NRL side
And a lot of very average footballers

That’s our lot , and that’s why we are ****

What Siebold actually said:

"The Roosters won the physical battle tonight. Most of the little contests in the game - whether it's a physicality thing or an effort thing - they probably won just about all of them. The guys kept fighting to the end but we just weren't where we need to be to beat a good team. Regardless of where they are on the ladder they are always a physical challenge and they won that challenge tonight. We were still throwing some punches at the end but we didn't get it quite right when the game was on the line." - Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold

Fairly accurate summation - I can't argue with any of that. The Roosters won the physical battle last night, and therefore won the game. End of story.

Thank you

Should have known the original posters version of events would be dribble

Anyone who thinks Seibold is an inspiring leader and successful head coach, is absolutely kidding themselves. But instead of ranting on, I will continue to support anyone wearing the jersey, and dream of a 2024 miracle (absolute delusion!)

Our real issue is with Penn. That tosser of an owner of ours. I don't think one single person can disagree on just how horrible things have become under his tenure.

Fun fact: Only Tigers, Warriors, Titans, Dragons, and Bulldogs have missed out on the finals more times (just!) than Manly over the last 9 years.

With Des at Titans, Flanno at Dragons, the continued signing spree at Bulldogs, and Warriors exceptional form and list management, it will be just us and the Tigers fighting it out for the title of worst club in NRL history over the next few seasons

Kudos Mr Penn, you douchebag
Penn is an absolute tosser. Everything he touches at Manly turns into a sloppy pile of sh1t.

Is there a bigger whinger out there than Robbo. Far out, he is getting worse. Reckons Ben should have gone as well but fails to mention his grub of a player JWH getting away with numerous indiscretions and he should have been sent as well. I hope Holbrook takes over, over you, you big bondi sook
Yes shut up you sook, and come and coach us.

Good post this one , it was always going to be a 3 year tenure , with him having to put runs on the board by year 2.

I always laugh when it’s all to do with the coach , although I agree some of it IS.

The coach isn’t on the field , the coach doesn’t give up when the going gets a bit tough, the coach might have a good plan but doesn’t mean the players will follow it , the coach doesn’t drop the ball , or give away penalties. AND the coach doesn’t plan for his players to be injured.

Wouldn’t matter if we had Bellamy & Bennett as head coaches , a ** roster is still a ** roster.

And currently , ours isn’t complete ****, but it sure isn’t 5 star !!
A coach is responsible for coming up with an adequate game plan.

A coach is responsible for instilling discipline and structure.

A coach is responsible for training drills that promote good attacking shape.

A coach is responsible for not selecting a back up hooker on the bench.

A coach is responsible for fixing obvious repeat errors fans can see every game.

A coach is responsible for signing players like Cooper Johns and Aaron Woods.

A coach is responsible for motivating his team.

A coach is responsible for selecting a washed up prop each week.

A coach is responsible for allowing his assistant to micro manage another team.

A coach is responsible for declaring their side can go far in a competition.

A coach is meant to be the top dog.

A coach will live or die by their team's results.

Last edited:
This clown is kidding himself , what a load of **** in the press conference

“i was really proud of the boys, we kept throwing punches at the end there”

he must have said this 3 times

give it a rest clown 🤡
We need Barrett as assistant coach next year and they can take it in turns to see who conducts the most idiotic press conferences
Is there a bigger whinger out there than Robbo. Far out, he is getting worse. Reckons Ben should have gone as well but fails to mention his grub of a player JWH getting away with numerous indiscretions and he should have been sent as well. I hope Holbrook takes over, over you, you big bondi sook
Ricky Stuart says Hi

This clown is kidding himself , what a load of **** in the press conference

“i was really proud of the boys, we kept throwing punches at the end there”

he must have said this 3 times

give it a rest clown 🤡
This guy doesn't talk like a first grade coach. He is a pretender, continually trying to convince the world, and himself, that he belongs as a head NRL coach

I wish he would just STFU. Give me mumbling old Des any day of the week - hilarious and entertaining watching him avoid saying anything at all. Guys like Wayne and Des couldn't give two sh*ts what anyone outside of their players thought about them. Seibold is so bloody insecure, it's as if that's all he cares about. Creating a narrative, being bum chums with the journos, just bs bs bs...

Seebum was never going to work. Was he not our defensive coach during the Barret era? Look how that turned out.

Good on ya Penn bad choice dumbass.

Seibold on a hiding to nothing
Working with a squad that he had little do with when he started
Brought Weekes in that most said he must start he was good in patches but Seibold needs more than just patches of form
Gave Garrick a shot in the centres wasn’t all that impressive there , Turbo gets injured has to revert back to Garrick
Schuster gets injured than needs to get himself right plenty of disruption there
Brings in Arthur had to do something C Johns wasn’t the answer
Brings in Woods hmm well not his best call there but he is cheap
Brings in Lodge makes a difference good call there but now his gone for the season along with 2 props Paseka and Aloia
Origin wasn’t kind to Manly either
Plenty of disruption in the squad all year and they are just a few from the season
I’ll give Seibold the benefit of the doubt
Next year will be his defining year with a few of his additions and an another off season for him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8