Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
they say smart people learn from their mistakes and there were lots at brisbane

While not getting too excited about trials I gotta say the bloke has ticked some boxes and while there's a long way to go and there's no competition points won yet it's a case of so far so good.

What has impressed me

* signing flanno as an assistant and the way he explained it on the James Graham podcast. Coach Spoony knows his weaknesses and is smart enough not to let ego get in the way and have people around who are more experience and had more success. Great sign of leadership.

* he's embraced the clubs culture and has tried to duplicate the storms system of educating new players in the clubs history. We have always thought that's why an outsider has never excelled coaching the club again smart move by the new coach.

* unlike Trent from Wollongong he didn't put a broom through the joint when he came in. He's kept the likes of Snake and Steve Hales on board in the footy department. He hasn't made mass changes to the roster. Again I think he is smart enough to see he has inherited a good roster with some talent coming through similar to when he took over souths and he has run with it.

* he showed a massive set of balls to call out the old Greek for his bull**** comments about Tommy T. He's been at the club before he would have known that Zorba has all his media buddies who will go hard but Spoony still did what good coaches do and stuck up for his Star player publicly. Another tick from me.

It still early days and I still believe Des would of got this squad humming this year but you have to give credit where it's due and Seibold is doing a great job so far.

The one thing that sticks in my mind is this squad hes inherited has a similar strength as his souths 2019 side more so than his brisbane 2020-2021 side. We could be in for a fun ride this year friends.

But we’ll keep the name ‘Spoonbold’ handy.
Its ok to give people nicknames lol. In all honesty there was **** going on at brisbane during the lockdown period out of his control. Several players were behaving in a manner during the lockdown that didn't help their performance. Think not pepsi

But we’ll keep the name ‘Spoonbold’ handy.
In hindsight des who I still believe shouldn't have been sacked was loyal to a fault and probably needed stronger more experienced assistants than Chad and Monas. It's done now and Spoony is our coach and I hope he does well.

I will always respect des for winning us 2 premierships as a coach however he was a stubborn/ loyal dinosaur who was a control freak.

The fact that the new coaching staff have given players like weekes, Gkct, fifita etc a proper go this pre season is a good indicator that the team are responding well to this fresh approach of knowing they are actually a genuine chance of playing a game this season as opposed to old dessie picking players out of position instead.

So yes Very happy with them thus far but I know it's only early days and we have zero competition points.

Also I wouldn't underestimate the impact flanno has had on the team!

one big difference i see is that i don't think des would give the younger ones as big of an opportunity as they will get this year
It is unlikely we would have seen the likes of Myers, Fifita, Gordon and Fainu feature so heavily under Des.
He was the king of low risk, low reward options such as Burbo at centre, Funa 5/8, Taufua. Pretty sure Harper played fullback in a trial at one stage.

Yet the majority of this team is built by Des..... Assigning credit to sideboard is a bit premature.

Just watched the interview Spoony did with Ch9 and the more I hear him the more I like the bloke and want him to succeed. At this stage I'm comparing him to Barrett in 2016 and his approach has been far more measured. For a bloke who never played for the club he seems to being embracing the culture.

On a light note image if he delivered us a title he would have achieved the two best things a manly fan in queensland wants to see, a manly premiership and a broncos spoon.

Just watched the interview Spoony did with Ch9 and the more I hear him the more I like the bloke and want him to succeed. At this stage I'm comparing him to Barrett in 2016 and his approach has been far more measured. For a bloke who never played for the club he seems to being embracing the culture.

On a light note image if he delivered us a title he would have achieved the two best things a manly fan in queensland wants to see, a manly premiership and a broncos spoon.
One thing he can do is talk the talk. He has no problem doing that and that's why Penn fell in love with him.

One thing he can do is talk the talk. He has no problem doing that and that's why Penn fell in love with him.
Looks like he can also walk the walk. Yes only 2 trial games in but can only judge on what we have seen so far. We would all be singing a different tune right now had we LOST both games.

Team looks together, faster, younger, more spark and got to say.....playing a really nice brand of footy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4