Coach Seibold thoughts so far.... so good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think this is a good decision from Mestrov, Seibold is doing well..

SEIBOLD’S SUCCESS TO LAND NEW DEAL

Not all NRL coaches are under the pump as much as Jason Demetriou, Des Hasler and Brad Arthur.

Anthony Seibold knows all about it from his dark days at the Brisbane Broncos.

Seibold is now doing a great job at the Manly Sea Eagles and is about to open talks around a contract extension. His current deal expires at the end of next season.

Manly CEO Tony Mestrov and Seibold have an agreement to open discussions after Round 10.

Seibold started at Manly with a fractured playing group from the pride jersey fiasco.

He quickly rebuilt relationships and has built a football team that is a genuine title contender.

Think this is a good decision from Mestrov, Seibold is doing well..

SEIBOLD’S SUCCESS TO LAND NEW DEAL

Not all NRL coaches are under the pump as much as Jason Demetriou, Des Hasler and Brad Arthur.

Anthony Seibold knows all about it from his dark days at the Brisbane Broncos.

Seibold is now doing a great job at the Manly Sea Eagles and is about to open talks around a contract extension. His current deal expires at the end of next season.

Manly CEO Tony Mestrov and Seibold have an agreement to open discussions after Round 10.

Seibold started at Manly with a fractured playing group from the pride jersey fiasco.

He quickly rebuilt relationships and has built a football team that is a genuine title contender.
I understand the thinking behind it,you don’t want Seibold just coaching for his career and being short sighted with everything he does,like Des was.But what’s the rush?Nobody is chasing him and if they are,so be it.They didn’t make the finals last season and whilst they look a little better this season,they still have the same issues they had.

I understand the thinking behind it,you don’t want Seibold just coaching for his career and being short sighted with everything he does,like Des was.But what’s the rush?Nobody is chasing him and if they are,so be it.They didn’t make the finals last season and whilst they look a little better this season,they still have the same issues they had.
I don’t think there is any rush it’s more recognising the performance thus far and Seibold being able to have some stability in his future.

I think he is worth extending to the end of 2027.

I didn't rate him at souths.
Didn't rate him at Brisbane.
He's doing an amazing job at turning our lazy dumb team around.
I think our forwards are at a completely different level under him, we have been dominating the middle most of the year, Paseka alone is a different beast under Seibold, for me there's a different tempo in the whole team and despite it being early days I've got more hope about our chances than I've had for years, I know there's a few on here that have been against his appointment but he's here and I don't get the continual slagging instead of behaving like supporters of the club and throwing their support behind the entire team including coaching staff, just negative sh*t

I think our forwards are at a completely different level under him, we have been dominating the middle most of the year, Paseka alone is a different beast under Seibold, for me there's a different tempo in the whole team and despite it being early days I've got more hope about our chances than I've had for years, I know there's a few on here that have been against his appointment but he's here and I don't get the continual slagging instead of behaving like supporters of the club and throwing their support behind the entire team including coaching staff, just negative sh*t
Most the anti Siebs crew are old rusted on Hasler fans. It’s clear as day he’s an upgrade on Des. And I liked Des too.

Siebs is an upgrade over Des for getting rid of some the dead weight alone. Our forwards are playing much better, our defence is improving and our attack looks good when we get it right. So far so good.
Well put @torana355. I think if we stay healthy we are morals for the 8 (from what I’ve seen so far of other clubs). We keep improving we are a genuine chance at the total this year. That said, we need to get our s$&@ together against rubbish teams like Sts and Titans. This Sat is a game we need to win and win well.

I honestly think he's doing a great job.

The shoes perhaps even an example of giving a 2nd chance, but setting standards.

Warriors had a lot of success against against souths with that short ball to the flat runner, and around the ruck.

Defensive we played tighter to the ruck today. There trys came from unstructured plays or our mistakes. They couldn't break us. Defensively that is one of the better showings.

Changing culture at a club is hard to just flick a switch.

We are a team on the improve.

But consistency. Never should have lost to the drag queens.

And until we get rid of missing out on 2 points against a weak team where our blokes just show up thinking it will just happen. We just won't have earned the right.

Bring on the tits.

The Spoonbold crew must really hate the mood of this thread currently .

He’s going great guns , last years team was Des’s team , this year is more about Seibold.

Those that are crying over the loss of some young potential guns and suggesting the purchase of players like Brown were just “ desperation “ are looking like egg on their face at present.

Still don’t believe we’ll play in or win a GF this year but would not surprise me at all to see us in the top 4 at seasons end.

And if we do , that’s a coaching masterclass.

I'm a believer because I think the team now looks like they're playing for each other and not just with each other, and you need that bond to go to the next level when things get tough.
Also, apart from the Schu dilemma I'm reasonably happy with recruitment, Brooks is fitting in and Browns contribution has been an added bonus. Throw in Waddell and hopefully Lodge comes back like last year..and at least we have a team with a puncher's chance.

I think our performance against the Titans will be telling - more and more I'm thinking the Dragons was a once off, rather than a return to last year's form. If we get this done, given our efforts against the Panthers and Warriors, and followed up by ideally wins at home against Eels (without their precious crying penalty-seeking crowd) and the Raiders (game I'm most worried about, they look very good), we will make the Top 4, and if not, the Top 8. Seibold will be a good signing.

If we implode again because the team gets into the mindset that this is their bogey team, I won't be sold. The fact that Gus Gould said that Manly club people and players were complaining to him about the Dragons game BEFORE the Eels game, really speaks to a poor mindset. If Seibold can get that fixed up, we can beat anyone, anywhere. We are a genuine threat.

Additionally, unlike previous seasons, the Rugby League eye test is rating our offence as "dominant" rather than our previous "lucky", evidencing our dominantion of teams offensively that is occuring now. Our defence is "incompetent", but each round is moving further towards "dominant".

When Garrick returns next to the winger he was training to defend and attack with the entire pre-season, and when our left wing is solved, we will be dominant.

Obviously, we are still a work in progress. When we click we can beat any other team in the league. However, at the moment our consistency is our biggest issue. This lack of consistency is also our biggest upside. We have so much room for improvement. I believe we definitely have the potential to win the comp this season. I think Seibold is doing a great job overall. However, its all about good results, week in week out, delivered by the playing group. I also believe our onfield leaders will have to do a lot better, if Seibold is going to take the club to a premiership this season.

Last edited:
Bring on the tits.

tGbhyv8Wmi4EM.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8