Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Brad Arthur is a better coach than Hasler?
Now I've heard everything!
I didn’t say that, but if you want to weigh things up on recent results and look at which club is heading in the right direction and which one is slipping from grace, it’s hard to argue that BA is any less of a coach, Parra are ridiculously fit and playing with game speed that stems from it, that has BA’s imput all over it. I think it’s a case of giving credit where credit is due and visa versa with what’s going on at our club, Dont get me wrong, I hate Parra for obvious reasons and if you are a true manly supporter I understand why you should hate them as well, but BA i don’t hate and I can see with my own eyes that he is doing a good job, under his stewardship, the boys are match fit, playing with speed and aggression, his not afraid to blood younger players or swap things up, their results are improving, albeit what seems to be their inability to finish the job in finals football, here’s another thing, they will be there abouts again, if not holding up the trophy, I have no doubt and I watch what’s going on at our club and hope and pray things will turn around or we may well have a new trophy of our own, one we haven’t received in 75 years, so as far as coaches go Des may have a better record but does that make him a better coach? I’m not sure, but I think the results speak for themselves, I hope Des can turn things around, no one would be happy than me, because I don’t hate Des either, I’d just like to see some accountability, some honesty, some change and some results start to come our way!

So Brad Arthur is a better coach than Hasler?
Now I've heard everything!
Maybe not but he is getting consistently good results with just 2 big contract signings (Moses and matterson), a bunch of discarded players (mahoney, ferguson, opacic, Blake, RCG, Hipgrave), some astute buys (Brown, Lane, Sivo, niukore) and some young kids like Brown and kaufusi... and Paulo of course who he seems to have turned into one of the best props in the game...

Maybe the parra recruitment team deserve a lot of the credit and he may not have the past results that Des does but he sure as sh1t is not working with a team of Stewart's (x2),, Killer, Matai, Bell, Kite, Ballin, Watmough, Menzies, Orford, DCE, Foran, Hopoate...

Personally I have been amazed that Moses has developed the way he has and say what you like about Arthur but that team plays with passion and looks deadly with the ball...

Last edited:
The good teams score tries from all positions on the field. DESpicable's claims are ludicrous.
Don't know if there is such a stat

"Meters out from opponents line at start of try scoring movement"

but I would certainly not be surprised if there is a strong corelation between a higher average number in this stat and a higher position on the NRL competition table.

If nothing else it implies speed (the defence can't catch them....)

and therefore it implies we need to be nice and close to the opponents line to have any chance.

Last edited:
How were we ever a chance of winning that game? We weren't close.
Who is that numpty asking the questions too?
Ask the questions we WANT answered.

He's got no idea !

We got beat by 14! and they are patting themselves on the back. That'll do me

@:D

But seriously, they are proud of the defense? They almost scored 30 on us. Okay, it's not the usual mid 40's we've become accustomed to, but jeez. Where's the pride gone?
The Bunnies had some luck, but that last try we let in was soft.

If it was a dry track on sat, they would have put 40-50points on us.

Friday night against wooden spoon favourites ( they look better than us) Dragons will be a huge test. Nothing but a convincing win will suffice. We get beat and the criticism will be at fever pitch and rightly so.

Friday night against wooden spoon favourites ( they look better than us) Dragons will be a huge test. Nothing but a convincing win will suffice. We get beat and the criticism will be at fever pitch and rightly so.
I think the last time we won down there was when Brown slapped around Barrett, and rightly so, for being a dickhead

Maybe not but he is getting consistently good results with just 2 big contract signings (Moses and matterson), a bunch of discarded players (mahoney, ferguson, opacic, Blake, RCG, Hipgrave), some astute buys (Brown, Lane, Sivo, niukore) and some young kids like Brown and kaufusi... and Paulo of course who he seems to have turned into one of the best props in the game...

Maybe the parra recruitment team deserve a lot of the credit and he may not have the past results that Des does but he sure as sh1t is not working with a team of Stewart's (x2),, Killer, Matai, Bell, Kite, Ballin, Watmough, Menzies, Orford, DCE, Foran, Hopoate...

Personally I have been amazed that Moses has developed the way he has and say what you like about Arthur but that team plays with passion and looks deadly with the ball...
Too right, I have forgotten what it is like to support a consistently good team. Parra are a well-coached team, they compete and play tough. At least they have been putting themselves in a position to achieve success at the end of a season. They may have done more damage last year if Ferguson, Jennings and the Fijian winger weren't sudden outs on the eve of the finals. I don't care what a coach achieved a decade ago...

Last edited:

Exactly, on a dry track it would have been closer to 50!

How were we ever a chance of winning that game? We weren't close.
Who is that numpty asking the questions too?
Ask the questions we WANT answered.

He's got no idea !

We got beat by 14! and they are patting themselves on the back. That'll do me
It felt to me as though Souths knew they could finish us off when they wanted to. Kind of like a cat playing with a mouse before eating it...

Like I said in the matchday thread....they parked the bus in soccer speak.

They knew they had us covered and just did what they had to do to get the 2 points and go home.

I'm actually glad the Goons got the win last weekend. They may not be as desperate as they might have been had they got lapped.

This year we proudly celebrate the 75th Anniversary of our Legendary club the Mighty Manly Sea eagles made possible by all the Great Manly contributors

*To all the Manly club members and life line of our Great club may you wake up today and every day and feel very proud of your Great contribution that you are making and have a great day Inspiring other Manly people along the way ! *

20210110_081944.jpg

Last edited:
The Club Great news Manly Fans is .....

Tough times never last at Manly
Because The heart and soul of our club
The Passionate Manly people always stick around and turn things around
Become one of them by becoming a proud and passionate Manly club member today
And be the Inspiration our club thrives on

A once off Manly Club membership investment Gives Manly fans savings all year round !!!

The Club Membership discount from the Mudgee game ticket and all the Manly Merchandise I have just about got my money back from my initial once only outlay

My recent purchase is the best looking NRL training Tee. Feels light to wear and looks sexy

Our current Situation is not our final destination
Things will change for the better at Manly as it always does
Become part of our Great chance . Become a Great Manly club Member
20210324_082024.jpg
EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg

The Club Great news Manly Fans is .....

Tough times never last at Manly
Because The heart and soul of our club
The Passionate Manly people always stick around and turn things around
Become one of them by becoming a proud and passionate Manly club member today
And be the Inspiration our club thrives on

A once off Manly Club membership investment Gives Manly fans savings all year round !!!

The Club Membership discount from the Mudgee game ticket and all the Manly Merchandise I have just about got my money back from my initial once only outlay

My recent purchase is the best looking NRL training Tee. Feels light to wear and looks sexy

Our current Situation is not our final destination
Things will change for the better at Manly as it always does
Become part of our Great chance . Become a Great Manly club Member
View attachment 17407
View attachment 17408
Looking good Bozo!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4