Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Wheel, please pass on (at the next meeting) that interstate members should be able to access this stuff too via the online store.
It’s a shame that Joe Blow can walk in and get 50% off Manly merchandise but interstate members only get 10%.

Totally agree mate, I'm Newcastle so if I add in the cost of petrol and the frustration of driving in Sydney traffic, I'm paying 100% ANYWAY?

Our Great club is made Great by Legends on and off the field, from Great players and Great club members.
2021 is the year we all must raise the bar and make our club Greater
Time for all of us supporters to Walk the Talk and make our support count for our Great club through club membership and become a Manly Legend
Take it away Beaver ! .....
2021 Sea Eagles Membership Package update
Hear from Sea Eagles legend Steve Menzies about the changes to our 2021 Sea Eagles Membership package

I recently filled out a survey sent to me by the club , majority of the questions were regarding Businesses that are on the northern beaches , does the club not realise not all members are from the northern beaches ...

I recently filled out a survey sent to me by the club , majority of the questions were regarding Businesses that are on the northern beaches , does the club not realise not all members are from the northern beaches ...

The questions in the survey were all club sponsors, unfortunately not many businesses outside of the northern beaches sponsor the Sea Eagles

I’m QLD and in all honesty it’s us out of town members that probably want more of these merchandise opportunities.
My kids can’t get to games so all they get for the year is their supporters member pack - would be nice if we were offered (at least) the same benefits as everyone else. Would soak up 50%. Especially leading into Xmas.

But unfortunately I’ve mentioned it before directly to the Eagles and the club doesn’t seem to see it as a priority.
Will pass on the feedback

Totally agree mate, I'm Newcastle so if I add in the cost of petrol and the frustration of driving in Sydney traffic, I'm paying 100% ANYWAY?
I get your point, but you wouldn’t have to drive in Sydney traffic.

It’s an easy run from the M1 to mona vale rd then Warringah rd. Mainly driving through bush on the northern outskirts.

Hey Wheel, please pass on (at the next meeting) that interstate members should be able to access this stuff too via the online store.
It’s a shame that Joe Blow can walk in and get 50% off Manly merchandise but interstate members only get 10%.
How about international members too? Looking for gear for my kids so would happily attend the sale if I wasn't in UK.

It’s an easy run from the M1 to mona vale rd then Warringah rd. Mainly driving through bush on the northern outskirts.

Wish it was true about the traffic. On one Friday in 2019 had a meeting at 3pm in Parramatta finished at 3.40pm then left to go a game at Brookie with a game start at 7.50. Went up Penant Hills Road across to Mona Vale Road, got there at 8.15 hmmmmm.

Anyway still got to be $50 in petrol costs, and then the nagging with the wife

How about international members too? Looking for gear for my kids so would happily attend the sale if I wasn't in UK.
I am still getting over the fact that they have decided to charge us overseas members an extra $10 for a standard membership. I guess their logic was we get all those extra benefits like not being able to go to any games or members functions. Pretty saavy business plan treating fans that don't live on the Northern Beaches with contempt. I guess the Northern Beaches is such a huge growth area for Rugby League with all of that old money that they don't need to worry about other places.

Wish it was true about the traffic. On one Friday in 2019 had a meeting at 3pm in Parramatta finished at 3.40pm then left to go a game at Brookie with a game start at 7.50. Went up Penant Hills Road across to Mona Vale Road, got there at 8.15 hmmmmm.

Anyway still got to be $50 in petrol costs, and then the nagging with the wife
Pennant hills rd is a shocker, but don’t need to use it from newy to brookie

Unless you want an actual life.

I am still getting over the fact that they have decided to charge us overseas members an extra $10 for a standard membership. I guess their logic was we get all those extra benefits like not being able to go to any games or members functions. Pretty saavy business plan treating fans that don't live on the Northern Beaches with contempt. I guess the Northern Beaches is such a huge growth area for Rugby League with all of that old money that they don't need to worry about other places.

I'm not saying it's right...but the extra $10 helps in the postage cost. I'm in the same geographical boat as you and when the packs were being sent from ...errr... it's somewhere in Asia, I can't remember- and still arriving months late, it was annoying so I switched to the $10 cheaper version and asked someone in Australia to send it to me.

they've sorted that out now so I'm back to the International package.

I'm also not saying it's a quick fix but you can email your suggestions to the membership people at Manly direct with any suggestions you think of. I sent some to the committee members from here a couple of years ago, but might re-send it direct to the club as well.

For me, I'm sadder that the promised gifts from the MWRLFC didn't arrive this year after a few emails of unfulfilled promises rather than coughing up an extra $10. That was disappointing.

Ha, you don’t know my Mrs she’d cut my nuts off!’
Well if she cuts your nuts off it is a two way benefit, she no longer has to deal with your frustrated advances each week and you no longer get distracted by or have the motivation to enter French Canadian Heaven.

Mind you false hope is better than no hope i say, so disregard the above.

I'm not saying it's right...but the extra $10 helps in the postage cost. I'm in the same geographical boat as you and when the packs were being sent from ...errr... it's somewhere in Asia, I can't remember- and still arriving months late, it was annoying so I switched to the $10 cheaper version and asked someone in Australia to send it to me.

they've sorted that out now so I'm back to the International package.

I'm also not saying it's a quick fix but you can email your suggestions to the membership people at Manly direct with any suggestions you think of. I sent some to the committee members from here a couple of years ago, but might re-send it direct to the club as well.

For me, I'm sadder that the promised gifts from the MWRLFC didn't arrive this year after a few emails of unfulfilled promises rather than coughing up an extra $10. That was disappointing.

I get what you are saying but you are kind of missing my point, part of the benefit of a $75 membership is the exclusive ability to buy tickets for our games and NRL games and when covid isn't on Members fan days. We don't get any of that benefit, I basically join every year to help the club and to feel a part of the club and have no problem doing that, I don't need hats and scarves and would actually be happy with a letter with a sticker which costs $1.20 to send overseas and to be honest I would be happy with just an email because it is not about the knick knacks, A $50 overseas membership with a sticker would give a $48.80 pure profit to the club however If they made the overseas membership more affordable I would buy more than just my own which has the potential to be an extra 4 or so memberships. I guess the club aren't driven by increasing member numbers and potentially more revenue but just maintaining the same bottom line.

I get what you are saying but you are kind of missing my point, part of the benefit of a $75 membership is the exclusive ability to buy tickets for our games and NRL games and when covid isn't on Members fan days. We don't get any of that benefit, I basically join every year to help the club and to feel a part of the club and have no problem doing that, I don't need hats and scarves and would actually be happy with a letter with a sticker which costs $1.20 to send overseas and to be honest I would be happy with just an email because it is not about the knick knacks, A $50 overseas membership with a sticker would give a $48.80 pure profit to the club however If they made the overseas membership more affordable I would buy more than just my own which has the potential to be an extra 4 or so memberships. I guess the club aren't driven by increasing member numbers and potentially more revenue but just maintaining the same bottom line.

Ah, I see what you're saying.

Thanks

:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4