Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like reasonable news for Taniela.

Manly’s Taniela Paseka doesn’t require surgery but will miss next four weeks with syndesmosis injury picked up in Melbourne loss. #nrl @FOXNRL

The rundown​

Team news​

Sea Eagles: Prop Taniela Paseka suffered an ankle injury against the Storm and looks likely to miss 2-3 weeks.

I'm hoping the second one is correct but I would bet neither are.

Most Points in a (Manly) Season

257 Matthew Ridge (11T, 106G, 1FG) 1995

242 Graham Eadie (14T, 100G) 1975

242 Jamie Lyon (16T, 89G) 2013

240* Reuben Garrick (17T, 86G)

234 Matthew Ridge (5T, 106G, 2FG) 1994

Even under the current 4 points a try Wombat would have scored 256 points giving Ridge a 1 point higher score.
One would expect Reuben to take that record by seasons end.

Most Points in a (Manly) Season

257 Matthew Ridge (11T, 106G, 1FG) 1995

242 Graham Eadie (14T, 100G) 1975

242 Jamie Lyon (16T, 89G) 2013

240* Reuben Garrick (17T, 86G)

234 Matthew Ridge (5T, 106G, 2FG) 1994
Defensive lines and point records are meant to be broken

Speed Kills !

Des 'banned' from talking to players...!

(on their day off...
in lockdown...)

He’s so invested in the game, that a rule has been introduced that prevents Hasler talking to his players about footy on their days off.

“I’m saying it smiling but there is a rule. Our days off (we’re) left alone which is a little rule we instilled,” Sea Eagles skipper Daly Cherry-Evans revealed to reporters on Monday.

So how is Hasler handling being around his players but having to restrict the footy chat?

“He’s going nuts,” Manly centre Brad Parker said.

“He’s been even wanting to play cards with us a couple of times so he must be lonely.

“There’s a rule that you’re not allowed to speak to us on our days off so he’s been coming over to me and he lingers around a bit and he wants to talk about footy and I’ve said ‘it’s all right you can talk to me’.

“But a couple of boys have given him the red flag, you’re not allowed to speak to Des on your days off.

(oops, just saw this posted in the pre-game thread. Well too bad, I'm not deleting it so there!)

Yep. We are missing Keppie, Sippers, Tent, Lance, Davey and Tenterfield -- six props/ players who could fill-in as a prop. I wonder if we could secure one at a prop-up store?
Can Suli be turned into a prop/backrower for 2022? Is this worth the Manly coaching staffs time and attention over the pre-season? He has size, speed, power. Does he have the heart, guts and motor to play prop? Or should we just move him on for whatever we can get for him?

Can Suli be turned into a prop/backrower for 2022? Is this worth the Manly coaching staffs time and attention over the pre-season? He has size, speed, power. Does he have the heart, guts and motor to play prop? Or should we just move him on for whatever we can get for him?
We owe it to Suli and ourselves to test him out as a forward. It's something we've been saying for several seasons.

We owe it to Suli and ourselves to test him out as a forward. It's something we've been saying for several seasons.
Yes we have been saying this for several seasons. It would be great to see it actually happen though. Considering our current prop situation, is it something that needs to happen right now?

Centre turned world class prop:
Yes @Ryan it's a good comparison. Ruben Wiki was a good centre that became an outstanding international prop. If we could turn Suli from an average club centre into a good NRL bench prop in 2022, it would be a worthwhile result.

Last edited:
Would think that prop would be too much of a transition for Suli , maybe 2 nd row in stints if not his natural centre - wing accustomed positions .

Would think that prop would be too much of a transition for Suli , maybe 2 nd row in stints if not his natural centre - wing accustomed positions .
Your probably right but it hasn't been tried as yet. Coming into the finals with an extreme shortage of props, could well be a good time to give it a go. Suli is the same height and weight as Aloiai for example, gets good post contact metres (on most of his runs), and has been effective at taking 1st/2nd hit ups previously from his centre position. We are paying the guy 500K. Let's not die wondering about this, before he is moved on. Suli just isn't suited to playing centre/wing in the structure that Des has us utilising this season.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9