Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another great interview from a try scoring machine

Interesting to hear that last yr he'd pretty much given up and after having a chat to Des found motivation to fight for his NRL career. He just seems like a happy bloke who is buying in to what Des wants. He has been fantastic filling in for Aloiai and keeps the momentum in the pack when Marty and Paseka come off.

Kapow fronts the laptop today

Re-Sign Marty! This talk of moving him on at the start of the year must be a distant memory now. Guy is a leader and he actually loves taking the younger guys under his wing and trying to get the most of of them! You can see what a difference he is making with Paeska

He is definitely the ultimate professional. Compare him to the blokes from St George that breached protocol and had a party. Night and day

Re-Sign Marty! This talk of moving him on at the start of the year must be a distant memory now. Guy is a leader and he actually loves taking the younger guys under his wing and trying to get the most of of them! You can see what a difference he is making with Paeska

He is definitely the ultimate professional. Compare him to the blokes from St George that breached protocol and had a party. Night and day

He is already signed here for next year on $800k (according to ZeroTackle), and he'll be 32 years old.

I think we should be careful signing new deals with 30+ year olds, because while they're playing well now, you never know when they will hit the cliff. This seems to be especially true for forwards.

He is already signed here for next year on $800k (according to ZeroTackle), and he'll be 32 years old.

I think we should be careful signing new deals with 30+ year olds, because while they're playing well now, you never know when they will hit the cliff. This seems to be especially true for forwards.
He could easily go another couple of years. Not very injury prone and a real professional looking after his body.

There’s an article on Fox Sports about Paul Vaughn, that has this little snippet buried in it:

“Before Vaughan had even been terminated the Dragons had been offered Manly prop Marty Taupau and Broncos forward Tevita Pangai.”

Anyone know any more about this ?

There’s an article on Fox Sports about Paul Vaughn, that has this little snippet buried in it:

“Before Vaughan had even been terminated the Dragons had been offered Manly prop Marty Taupau and Broncos forward Tevita Pangai.”

I saw it too, surprised there aren't 2 pages already in the sack marty thread.
As if manly would unsettle the team with those actions, maybe manly should comment to clear the air for players and fans

I doubt manly would have “offered” Marty. It sounds like something a player agent would do though. Always looking for the next angle or year on a contract.

anyone critcising Marty should watch this. He is a leader - he is very humble - he is a huge part of this team and I hope they resign him as opposed to letting him go. We just might not be able to keep everyone but gee he is also playing the house down.
I loved It when I saw Marty put Suli into line on the field after a brain snap.I have always been an advocate for a no dickhead policy at our club and Marty has been our teams moderator. You can’t put money on that. Without people like Marty things can turn to ****e real quick. Good people should be at the forefront of every team and a no dickhead policy is the way to go. You can be the best player in the world but if you have a team with a total dick in the side it’s game over.Its even worse if you are a dickhead pretending not to be one.The NRL is full of this.Sorry to get of track here. Marty is dead set in some ways a life saver.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6