Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bozo - you’re free to believe what you want.

The point is we get it. You love Manly and you want everyone to sign up for membership etc.

You’re preaching to the converted feathered friend. I am confident that most people on here contribute in some way with memberships, buying merchandise etc. I have memberships with the FC, the SE/Penn organisation and the LC. I do not need a constant barrage on seemingly every second thread reminding me to sign up!
Fist of all I am glad to see you share your passion on this forum and hopefully inspire others on this forum to be Great Manly contributors /Supporters and Manly Legend like you

The facts do not support your confidence that most share your admirable passion for our Great club as this NRL Passion club membership clearly shows

As a Passionate supporter I am on this forum to inspire and I am as free as a Sea eagle to do so

Have a great day @Terry Zarsoff You truly are a Great Manly Legend and one of the Great Manly contributors that Great clubs are made from

Last edited by a moderator:
Manly still have 12,500. Members. All of which get no access to actual games. Which is the basis of any membership.
I think use that as a positive.

I have supported the club this year.

I won’t next year if the same happens again next year as I simply can’t afford it.
I would say most passionate Manly Sea eagle 12500 club members would go to games because a club member is the basis of a loyal and passionate supporter

Compared to other passionate club supporters our lot have a lot to be desired

Clubs that are still competing in the NRL do so because of their loyal and passionate supporters sticking with them in not only the good times but also finding a way to do so in the tough times

The moral of the story ...
TOUGH TIMES WILL ALWAYS REVEAL TRUE FRIENDS

God bless the Manly Sea eagles
Who are more than just a football club "
and Inspire people beyond football fields

One good question would've been revolving around this years pricing. Something along the lines of 'Does the increased ticket pricing limit the amount of games you'll be attending?' or even something like 'Has COVID had a financial impact where you won't be able to attend home games?'.

I think that would be a good gauge on members in terms of the amount of comments posted in regards to the price hikes.

I know there are quite a few rusted on members, who the club could always count on as guaranteed income each year as full season members are now questioning whether to attend or not.

I hope I'm wrong but it will be an embarrassment if we don't get a lot more than 50% of seats sold in the reserved seating areas considering there are no restrictions in place for those areas.

If I had the choice of selling reserved seats for $60-70pp and having a high risk of only selling around 50% of them, not to mention losing some of the rusted on members income mentioned above OR selling them at $40-50pp which would lower the risk of not selling enough tickets and would also be rewarding our members who have stuck strong whilst also ensuring Brookie is at it's best capacity possible, then I'd know what option I'd choose.
I applaud the club for doing this, it's great they tried. However most of the questions and the way they are framed will probably just generate a report that they can show someone to justify the decisions they made on this years membership. Call me a sceptic but it just didn't read like they wanted to find out what members really wanted or how they felt. The question about "what do you think the capacity will be this year with covid restrictions and building works" is a trap question aimed at showing that people aren't looking at it from the same angle as they are, when everyone gets the figure wrong they will say "see you don't know what you are talking about".

I just feel like a whinge bag these days and I am sure most people probably think that I am never happy. I am trying to see the good things when it comes to the membership and business model of the club. I think on the footy side we are tracking very well and have most things right. But I feel the club just don't get it when it comes to generating more membership, they just don’t understand the issues when it comes to membership. It is not about a monetary value of membership packs it is about whats in that pack that generates fan engagement value. I am not sure they will get the right answers as they asked the wrong questions.

They should have asked the simple question “Do you believe that a Manly membership is better, equal or worse compared to memberships of other NRL clubs?”

And the price is right question of “rate which is more valuable for the pack items” by saying value it is putting a money value on it, of course a members polo is worth more than a sticker, most of the items were more valuable than a sticker. The right question should have asked “which item would you miss if it was left out of a member pack” would be a very different list then.

I honestly hope their intentions are good and I am just being a numb nut.

What impact does a passionate club member / supporter have on their club / team ?

Passionate supporters contribution can be just as important as a star player producing a piece of magic that could turn a game in their favour. ... Our Team The mighty Sea eagles needs your support when they are on the floor, not when they are flying high.

God bless the Great contributors of this world
Because the fact is ....
Our Legendary club keeps on living because of the ones that keep on giving !

The moral of the story .....
We either take what we have to our grave or Give and live in Glory
maxresdefault.jpg

I applaud the club for doing this, it's great they tried. However most of the questions and the way they are framed will probably just generate a report that they can show someone to justify the decisions they made on this years membership. Call me a sceptic but it just didn't read like they wanted to find out what members really wanted or how they felt. The question about "what do you think the capacity will be this year with covid restrictions and building works" is a trap question aimed at showing that people aren't looking at it from the same angle as they are, when everyone gets the figure wrong they will say "see you don't know what you are talking about".

I just feel like a whinge bag these days and I am sure most people probably think that I am never happy. I am trying to see the good things when it comes to the membership and business model of the club. I think on the footy side we are tracking very well and have most things right. But I feel the club just don't get it when it comes to generating more membership, they just don’t understand the issues when it comes to membership. It is not about a monetary value of membership packs it is about whats in that pack that generates fan engagement value. I am not sure they will get the right answers as they asked the wrong questions.

They should have asked the simple question “Do you believe that a Manly membership is better, equal or worse compared to memberships of other NRL clubs?”

And the price is right question of “rate which is more valuable for the pack items” by saying value it is putting a money value on it, of course a members polo is worth more than a sticker, most of the items were more valuable than a sticker. The right question should have asked “which item would you miss if it was left out of a member pack” would be a very different list then.

Yep. The ground capacity question could have only been a set up. So disappointing that it’s about defence rather than listening.

I see what you're saying (because I can read...lol) - I comprehend what you're saying and I'll add (fwiw) that you can always email the club. I think even @Ryan phoned the ceo and had a convo.

Not saying anything will happen and don't think you're a NN but complaining to these (male) boomers on here won't do much. Not sure if the membership committee even discuss such things (?)

edit: but post what you want...I wasn't suggesting otherwise.
Yep. The ground capacity question could have only been a set up. So disappointing that it’s about defence rather than listening.

I saw that question and was like wtf? A math question...do your own friggen homework!!!!

Last edited:

The fact is we are not like any other club and NEVER will be

You cannot compare an apple with a pear
and you can never compare a Sea eagle with a scum eel, rabbit etc

We are the one and only Manly Sea eagles
We are proudly the most successful club in the modern era
We are proudly the one and only club to give our supporters the joy of having won a premiership every decade since the 70s

It is blasphemous to tarnish our Legendary club by comparing it to any other club
Our club is Incomparable and PRICELESS

Who ever puts a price on their club
Is not worthy to be part of it

Who are more that just a football club
and Inspire people beyond football fields !!!

The fact is we are not like any other club and NEVER will be

You cannot compare an apple with a pear
and you can never compare a Sea eagle with a scum eel, rabbit etc

We are the one and only Manly Sea eagles
We are proudly the most successful club in the modern era
We are proudly the one and only club to give our supporters the joy of having won a premiership every decade since the 70s

It is blasphemous to tarnish our Legendary club by comparing it to any other club
Our club is Incomparable and PRICELESS

Who ever puts a price on their club
Is not worthy to be part of it

Who are more that just a football club
and Inspire people beyond football fields !!!
View attachment 16981
@BOZO are you ok? You’re starting to show signs of chronic verbal diarrhea with your constant bombardment of absolute rubbish to the already converted members.

@BOZO are you ok? You’re starting to show signs of chronic verbal diarrhea with your constant bombardment of absolute rubbish to the already converted members.
No feathered friend I am not OK with our fans passionate contribution to our club

and it shows on the NRL passionate club membership ladder

You call your self the Manly army . Who are you fighting for ?

ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg

Last edited:
No feathered friend I am not OK with our fans passionate contribution to our club

and it shows on the NRL passionate club membership ladder

You call your self the Manly army . Who are you fighting for ?

View attachment 16982
2021 Member Count / 10,203

We are already converted.
Not all of us feathered friend

Far from it !!!

We only have 10, 000 club members so far

That is only a drop in the Northern Beaches Ocean

We need to stir the emotions of the passionless and bring out the passion in them
BECAUSE NOTHING GREAT IN THE WORLD WAS ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT PASSION

The up to date NRL passionate fan club membership Ladder
Manly supporters where are you ?
Club Name202120202020201920182017
16 Feb16 FebFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta28,40425,00528,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney28,27228,04629,67029,62629,18930,220
Newcastle16,95216,54018,86020,66518,01713,370
Canberra16,82116,48819,03920,12120,05519,091
Wests Tigers15,50012,76217,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters14,02213,95016,40716,38416,04416,001
St Geo Illa11,42211,74315,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,15911,61012,88712,44012,43013,163

The Parra club that humiliated its supporters with 14 embarrassing years of wooden spoons remarkably have supporters that are much more passionate than us
Shame Sea eagles fans Shame !!!

Where is our passion for our Legendary club Manly people ?
The most successful club in the modern era
The club that has gifted us supporters more than any other club
And that is a premiership win every decade since the 70s

For the Passionless ones that are sick of me making us Manly fans accountable of our actions

Let me say that ...
I am also sick at looking at this NRL passionate fan membership club ladder that does a great injustice to the Greatest club of all The Manly Sea eagles

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR GREAT CLUB CAN DO FOR YOU
ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR CLUB AND GREATEST CLUB OF ALL THE INCOMPARABLE MANLY SEA EAGLES !!!
Club Name202120202020201920182017
16 Feb16 FebFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta28,40425,00528,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney28,27228,04629,67029,62629,18930,220
Newcastle16,95216,54018,86020,66518,01713,370
Canberra16,82116,48819,03920,12120,05519,091
Wests Tigers15,50012,76217,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters14,02213,95016,40716,38416,04416,001
St Geo Illa11,42211,74315,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,15911,61012,88712,44012,43013,163

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts