Club news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone else wish bozo would shut the **** up. We get it. Membership is good, but people have lost their jobs, re prioritised their life and maybe don’t live anywhere near Brooke to get value out of a membership.

Becoming a member isn’t the measure of ones love and passion for a club.

Dial it back a bit. People don’t need to be bombarded with your tripe in every thread,

Feel good about what you choose to do, sure. Let everyone else do what they feel is best for them and their situation without feeling like they have to be your definition of a fan.

nd maybe don’t live anywhere near Brooke to get value out of a membership.
That's another problem, seems you don't even get game admission with a membership these days, which is a rather significant change from the past.

As for feathered friend Bozo, can't help admiring your dedication to the cause, but ... maybe you'd be better off devoting some of your membership drives to the twittersphere or facebook world or whatever those things are, because I suspect pretty much everyone here is either already a member or else they've made a decision (for whatever good reason) not to at this time. Just a thought!

Last edited:
Does anyone else wish bozo would shut the **** up. We get it. Membership is good, but people have lost their jobs, re prioritised their life and maybe don’t live anywhere near Brooke to get value out of a membership.

Dial it back a bit. People don’t need to be bombarded with your tripe in every thread,

Feel good about what you choose to do, sure. Let everyone else do what they feel is best for them and their situation without feeling like they have to be your definition of a fan.
Give Bozo a break. He is just trying to lift member numbers.
If you dont like his message, dont read his posts. I for one like his fearless commitment to this great club............and yes I am a member (even though I live 300+km away from Brookie).

Give Bozo a break. He is just trying to lift member numbers.
If you dont like his message, dont read his posts. I for one like his fearless commitment to this great club............and yes I am a member (even though I live 300+km away from Brookie).

I would not even comment on it, but he clogs multiple threads with multiple posts about one thing. The message is admirable but it would be nice not to be smashed over the head with it, ad infinitum.

Its almost a Schtick , just without the self awareness, irony or cleverness

I would not even comment on it, but he clogs multiple threads with multiple posts about one thing. The message is admirable but it would be nice not to be smashed over the head with it, ad infinitum.

Its almost a Schtick , just without the self awareness, irony or cleverness
Agree here. I think most have respect for Bozo and the messaging and I for one really respect and like his positivity. But perhaps there can be a thread set aside for this membership drive stuff. I come on this thread to look at club news and updates from Wheel and co close to the team. I’ve just scrawled through 4 pages of mostly membership commentary. Bozo can you develop a set thread for the membership stuff. Cheers

From Twitter:
Ramy Haidar
@ramy_haidar

"Proud to announce i have officially joined the
@SeaEagles
as their Innovation Consultant. Looking forward to the challenge."

OK. I'll go first. What's an Innovation Consultant and why couldn't it be me?
I saw this too. Ramy from what I can gather is "The NRL Economist" who is a journo and I think he has a business/commercial background and he writes about clubs commercial challenges, he also works for Ch9 and has a podcast with the Director of Newtown Jets called "The Front Office" where they discuss a range of issues that effect NRL clubs from a commercial perspective. He seems to know his way around the value of social media and after listening to a couple of the podcasts he could end up being a great addition to the business for us. It is great to see the club making an effort to improve the business and I am really happy to be writing a post that is praising the club for a change instead of my usual whinge. Hopefully he can help with the re-engagement of our large diaspora and make that the core of our commercial strategy.

I understand your point of view. At times i think it lacks a little humility and understanding. People on here have manly in common and access to wifi but no one knows how other people live

But even though it can get a thread off track which is sometimes frowned upon
Ultimately
Why do people keep posting the same thing over and over

Because they feel its relevant, it doesnt breach the terms and conditions and we need to remember

One mans passion is another mans poisen, depending on your views

Im happy to debate points that appear out of respect to other peoples opinions rather than throw the toys out of the cot.

I dont agree with him on this , but generally he is a good contributor and the site would be worse off without his contributions even though many of them are the same
There is no me in silvertails and the T&C cover the standards as expected

Just block someone if they are spamming you, you can always unblock later on.
Believe me it makes these threads enjoyable

Hey Bozo, do you "really think?" individual membership actually makes a difference as to whether you are a passionate supporter or not. If lets say that we have 15,000 members (keeping in mind a third are children) that's about $90,000 in revenue to the club. The club would effectively spend say $20 on each member, so that spends $30,000 of that money. What will the remaining $60,000 get us? Replacement plastic chairs?

What the club really needs is SPONSORS. A large group that spend say $20K a year. Get 50 of them that's $1mil - that's a junior program, keeps the Seabirds going, that pays for contracts for the lower grades.

Mate, seriously love your passion but the people on this site probably don't need every email with a sign up message? If they haven't yet then they won't be? You can't really question people for their choices on the basis you don't understand their circumstance. For example down the street from my place there is a family with 3 kids, Dad's been down on his luck. At Christmas we always have a street party (Yes, no corona social distancing issues up here!). Anyway he was saying his kids loved Manly but couldn't afford to get them caps / jumpers etc. He couldn't afford to take his kids away for holidays. Anyway you get my drift. Btw I gave the kids a caps each as a present. Every time I see them they are wearing them...

just saying....

Sorry feathered friend but excuses never cut the mustard

Excuses are as useless as tits on a bull and all of us Manly fans that represent our legendary club have been letting our club down over the years with self entitled excuses

The fact is .....

Parramatta people are just like any other people that face adversity , struggles and job losses and humiliations with a stack full of degrading and shameful wooden spoons accept they have more passion than us Manly people because regardless of all their struggles that life brings to the eels fans they still have the passion to find a way and become club members and contribute to their club that they are most passionate about .

The other excuse of not becoming a member because a person does not live near Brookie
Does not make any passionate sense either because many passionate club members like my self become club members because we may not live near Brookie But we live and breath Manly and ride every emotion when we see our team paly and we become club members so we can proudly feel part of our legendary club . A proud and passionate sense of belonging

What MOST Manly people on here do not comprehend that MOST Parra people do is....
NOTHING STOPS A PASSIONATE PERSON FROM PERSUING THEIR PASSIONS

Instead of being upset at me for bringing up a very concerning Manly fan passion issue
One would thing Proud Manly supporters on here would all be upset and embarrassed at our appalling club membership numbers as compared to other clubs

Fans are the blood life line of their clubs and us Manly supporters have been hemorrhaging for years
In the area where I live The Newtown Jets were struggling with funds and crowd support and for a little while John Singleton our Penn version financially backed the Jets but the Jets supporters did not back their club just like we are doing and when Singleton saw the writing on the wall he pulled the plug and the Newtown Jets supporters got what they deserve a NSW cup team .

By the lack of passionate support on here I am not convinced all on here are club members
We even struggle to get support for our Silvertails forum and I can see a resemblance to the Manly passionless DNA

This forum is all about voicing our passions our contributions and our concerns for our Legendary club and only the passionless cannot see it this way

The up to date NRL passionate fan club membership Ladder
MANLY SUPPORTERS . WHERE THE **** ARE YOU ALL ?

Club Name202120202020201920182017
16 Feb16 FebFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta28,40425,00528,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney28,27228,04629,67029,62629,18930,220
Newcastle16,95216,54018,86020,66518,01713,370
Canberra16,82116,48819,03920,12120,05519,091
Wests Tigers15,50012,76217,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters14,02213,95016,40716,38416,04416,001
St Geo Illa11,42211,74315,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,15911,61012,88712,44012,43013,163

Rugby League is one of Australia’s largest and most successful sporting codes. Clubs of the National Rugby League (NRL) depend on fan memberships for their ongoing financial stability and ultimately on-field glory.

MANLY SUPPORTERS . SHOW SOME PASSION AND PRIDE AND MAKE AN IMPACT TO YOUR CLUB
BY BECOMING PROUD AND PASSIONATE CLUB MEMBERS
20210216_155624.jpg

I like @BOZO passion for the club and I respect him and his right to post whatever he likes. I don't always agree with him but I must admit I do use the ignore feature as a filter.
Passions run high on here but that does not mean we do not like each other !!!!

I like you and respect you and every Manly person on here because where I live I am sick of the sight of Dragon , Sharks , Souths and Dog supporters

I parked my beloved Eagle jeep in their scum area and some one from one of their many Manly haters scratched the side door of my car but I got it fixed and I will keep driving it in their area and keep annoying the bastards :)

God bless our Great Manly Sea eagles club and all the Great Manly people

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4