Club Membership 2023 Perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I joined this club in 1972 and will be a member until I turn up my toes. I support the club through thick and thin. We've had some real fucquits at the club (think C Field, Barrett) and I didn't cry and spit the dummy. I put my money in, and will continue to do so. If you don't want to support the club, then please go.

Test of character quiz ...

Quitters have never ever over come adversity

The Fact is No one overcomes adversity when they quit

It takes character to keep going when times are tough

there is a good reason why they say when the going gets tough the tough get going
In times of adversity

The feeble fickle feathered friends run away

and The strong and Passionate Manly souls are here to stay

Our actions define us*
Be defined by your courageous Never say die Manly spirit !!!

See the source image
All that thing needs is an Eel hanging out of its beak, Bozo. Oh, and the Eel should have a wooden spoon jammed down its throat!

Of course most of us will end up renewing

The issue is not the few who post on here relative to the. 16k that turn up to watch at the ground (but we have been down that path before about the membership offering )

My perspective is no members, no club...I'm in!

It's quite depressing reading all the doom and gloom about Manly and I, like everyone else, am very unhappy with the owners, management, lack of signings, communication and the whole situation at present. However, as a Manly fan for 50 years, I gotta stay loyal or there'll be no maroon & white club to support.

Last edited:
My perspective is no members, no club...I'm in!
That's laudable, but I come from a different perspective, and it's why Australians change political parties so often: because the current mob in power let us down.
I feel by slavishly renewing my membership (my support for the maroon-and-white stretches back to the early 1960s) I'm endorsing the owners/coach/players with whom I have lost faith. To create change, and hope, I have to vote with my feet. Only with plunging membership/support will those in power make changes. At least that's my hope.

That's laudable, but I come from a different perspective, and it's why Australians change political parties so often: because the current mob in power let us down.
I feel by slavishly renewing my membership (my support for the maroon-and-white stretches back to the early 1960s) I'm endorsing the owners/coach/players with whom I have lost faith. To create change, and hope, I have to vote with my feet. Only with plunging membership/support will those in power make changes. At least that's my hope.
That is indeed another perspective.

But as I say , I worry that if we become a massive basket case what happens then , maybe we become the Perth Sea Eagles.

It really goes both ways , cancelling means you’ve made your little protest , but if 10,000 cancel then the place could go belly up , and then what happens??

Penn's sell up.
OR

the club goes belly up and the license is handed back to the NRL to do whatever they wish.

Perth Sea Eagles
Adelaide Sea Eagles
Central Coast ( QLD) Sea Eagles

Or worse , just the license is used with a brand new name and colours.

You can absolutely guarantee the Penn’s will have that covered , Penn Sport could possibly be a $2 company.

Of course most of us will end up renewing
So true and God bless your true Manly Spirit feathered friend

The overwhelming majority true Manly souls will renew because it is the right and honourable thing to do

Putting thing in perspective ....
If Passionate Paramatta fans can endure 14 years of disgraceful wooden spoons and keep their spirits up and keep renewing then so can we because us fans are the spirit of our Legendary club

OR

the club goes belly up and the license is handed back to the NRL to do whatever they wish.

Perth Sea Eagles
Adelaide Sea Eagles
Central Coast ( QLD) Sea Eagles

Or worse , just the license is used with a brand new name and colours.

You can absolutely guarantee the Penn’s will have that covered , Penn Sport could possibly be a $2 company.
That's the worst case scenario which is highly unlikely since I'm sure URM would buy the club and keep it as it is. If the club was to be relocated or worse fold I will again stop watching the footy and pretend it doesn't exist like the Northern Eagles days.

. However, as a Manly fan for 50 years, I gotta stay loyal or there'll be no maroon & white club to support.
Congratulations on your 50th year of loyalty to our Legendary club

Our Legendary club is defined by your great Manly spirit of loyalty commitment and resilience

The true Manly spirt of true Manly supporters has always over come our clubs turbulent times and triumphed

And as the fickle feathered friends give up on our club and walk out the door
The Manly spirt will turn our turbulent times around and triumphed once more !!!

Turbulent times do not last But tough Manly people do
How tough are you ???

See the source image

Totally agree. I will never be anything but Manly.
We will never be anything but Manly

There will never be any club like Manly

We are the spirit of our club and have been from every great Manly generation

And the spirit of every great Manly Generation never dies

See the source image

That's the worst case scenario which is highly unlikely since I'm sure URM would buy the club and keep it as it is. If the club was to be relocated or worse fold I will again stop watching the footy and pretend it doesn't exist like the Northern Eagles days.
Look I’m not saying that will happen , and it probably wouldn’t , but the last thing we need on top of all this are financial worries as well.

To all the fickle feathered friends who have the audacity to think of not renewing your Manly membership or quitting our club

I would like to get the 14 parramatta wooden spoons and shove it up your arses

I am done for the day
Have a good day and Go Manly for ever

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4