Clint Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parra always pay overs so I would think Gutho would be happy with his pay packet .
No...Parramatta cheat the cap, mostly successfully too. Thanks to the goodwill and grace imparted from our imperious leader Monsieur Greenberg.

Parra only got toasted as a result of intense pressure from the media. Now there is the player managers issues which is very interesting simply because of the NRLs inaction to date.

DCE had 19 try assists. Easily proved he could orchestrate last year. Green only took the reins @ the back end, because cherry was injured. At least that’s what I think. I mean Chez wasn’t even kicking. Gutho would slot in @ 6 in any team...& for a million dollars, I want my no7 to do more than just run the ball.

Agree. I dont think people are giving Chez enough credit for last yr. Most are saying green was the main man... didn't look that way from what I seen. Green had minimal try assists, line break assists and a non existent running game. Just because he gets a few line drop outs doesn't make him the be all and end all. We are comparing him to walker from 2016 and my grandmother would have been an improvement on walker at 5.8. Croker has been a half for years, he is a genuine half and classy player with a strong running game. AND I have no doubt that we will add another half to our squad before the June 30 deadline.
Give Chez, api and the turbo bros some of the credit and dont put it all down to green.

Agree. I dont think people are giving Chez enough credit for last yr. Most are saying green was the main man... didn't look that way from what I seen. Green had minimal try assists, line break assists and a non existent running game. Just because he gets a few line drop outs doesn't make him the be all and end all. We are comparing him to walker from 2016 and my grandmother would have been an improvement on walker at 5.8. Croker has been a half for years, he is a genuine half and classy player with a strong running game. AND I have no doubt that we will add another half to our squad before the June 30 deadline.
Give Chez, api and the turbo bros some of the credit and dont put it all down to green.
Please correct me if I'm wrong....

My observation of our performances over the last two years is that our attack has been superior to our defence.

I also observed that we appeared to be particularly vulnerable in defence right on our line (more-so 2016) and especially when back pedalling from the opposition tryline after a failed assault on their red zone (or we pass an intercept).

From the below diagram (I found here https://ar-ar.facebook.com/nrl/photos/a.127919848073.107872.6878248073/10155221648043074/?type=3) it shows that both Green and DCE were dominant last year in forced drop outs.

Green Drop outs.JPG

So two things I feel Green contributed last year:

1. He took some opposition focus off DCE in attack.
2. He contributed to the Sea Eagles getting a greater share of possession in general, and in the opposition half (including the odd 40/20) in particular, increasing scoring opportunities whilst reducing defensive pressure.

Some may argue that Green contributed to our weakness in defence - fair call.

As long as our new 5/8th can do the above as good as or better than Green, which many believe they will, all good.

Kind regards,
Not Blake:D

Gutherson wanted out cause he wasn’t going to get a shot at fullback and Hiku was fat and lazy (that’s why Penrith got rid of him) .

Gutherson wanted out cause he wasn’t going to get a shot at fullback and Hiku was fat and lazy (that’s why Penrith got rid of him) .

No Gutherson had just signed a 3 year contract but Bozo didn't want him. Hiku was squeezed out to make way for Walker.

Felt like delving through some stats on my lunch break.

Gutherson has won 6 and lost 1 against Manly since leaving the club. Somehow he missed the glorious 54-0 thrashing we gave them early in 2018 but he had returned by the time they gave us a 44-10 belting just 5 rounds later.

A bit of a hoodoo going on here

I have made a habit of subconsciously underestimating/undermining Guthersons ability. Why? Well I dont like Parra and I hate it that we have let someone go who is bloody good. He may not be as good as Turbo, but he plays a lot more games and adds so much to Parra that it is a crying shame. How good would he look back in our team. FB, Centre, 5/8 - he could cover them all. I wish he wasn't playing as well (and he comes across as a bit of a knob e.g. "King Gutho") but I cant deny it any longer that he is a very good player. Maybe never going to be a great player but a very good player all the same.

I have made a habit of subconsciously underestimating/undermining Guthersons ability. Why? Well I dont like Parra and I hate it that we have let someone go who is bloody good. He may not be as good as Turbo, but he plays a lot more games and adds so much to Parra that it is a crying shame. How good would he look back in our team. FB, Centre, 5/8 - he could cover them all. I wish he wasn't playing as well (and he comes across as a bit of a knob e.g. "King Gutho") but I cant deny it any longer that he is a very good player. Maybe never going to be a great player but a very good player all the same.

Well said.

Maybe never going to be a great player but a very good player all the same.
Agreed, except that what he brings to a team possibly makes him more valuable than a truly gifted "great player". He's versatile, tough and makes the players around him better. I'm still proud that he's a local product and a Manly junior. Just plays for a **** of a team.

**** gutho he did two acls and didnt play more then 5 games in a couple of years. We made the right call

And he's made it clear that he wants to play fullback, not wing, not centre, not 5/8.
We had Snake albeit on his last legs and Turbo coming through ( and has now played SOO and Aust )so was never viewed as a long term fullback, so for anyone to say he'd be great at 6 for us is a moot point, he doesn't want to play there.
We made the right call at the time in my opinion.

And he's made it clear that he wants to play fullback, not wing, not centre, not 5/8.
We had Snake albeit on his last legs and Turbo coming through ( and has now played SOO and Aust )so was never viewed as a long term fullback, so for anyone to say he'd be great at 6 for us is a moot point, he doesn't want to play there.
We made the right call at the time in my opinion.
Does Parra have other full back options?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6