Clint Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
could come on as a half to lift the energy for the last 10 of each half and wreak havoc,

So you would use 3 interchanges, get 20 minutes out of him and rest 2 backrowers for only 10 minutes each? (no offence mate, I love your inputs)

This is the problem with having a bench utility...a lack of REAL value.

March and april will be HOT, i'd rather spend my bench and interchanges getting the most out of our hard workers.

There's no way Gutho is playing 6 at the Worms.
Norman and Moses have the halves spots nailed down.

Jennings will play 3.

They've got Hayne, French, Gutho and Takarangi (who will probably play in the 4.)
I can't see Hayne playing wing. He'll want the 1 leaving French and Gutho on the wings.

I don't know their roster that well. Have I missed anyone ?

If I was Gutho's manager, I'd be shopping him to the Tigpies. They've lost their 1. That's where he wants to play and they're likely to offer him a long deal and pay him overs.

Last edited:
I'd love to have Gutho back at Manly he'd be a brilliant No 14 .....
But I think we're dreaming (or at least I am) if that was going to happen . Anyway this all speculation who or where is this rumor coming from ?......

Definitely in dreamworld there. While I don't know what the scenario will be this season at Parra, he won't be going to any club to play #14. While the injuries have no doubt hurt the value a bit, he is still going to command decent dollars, no-one will get him cheap to play a bench role. If he does exit, some club will guarantee a starting spot and the dollars to match which no young bloke no matter how Manly they may have grown up is going to turn down.

So you would use 3 interchanges, get 20 minutes out of him and rest 2 backrowers for only 10 minutes each? (no offence mate, I love your inputs)

March and april will be HOT, i'd rather spend my bench and interchanges getting the most out of our hard workers.
Im not saying it would happen, (we obviously dont have the cash) but i did like when we had a backrow of gift, choc and beaver all playing 80 mins, quality minutes.
Maybe you go 10 min either side of half time for your 20mins.
Makes more sense than brown coming on fresh in the last 5 mins.

There's no way Gutho is playing 6 at the Worms.
Norman and Moses have the halves spots nailed down.

Jennings will play 3.

They've got Hayne, French, Gutho and Takarangi (who will probably play in the 4.)
I can't see Hayne playing wing. He'll want the 1 leaving French and Gutho on the wings.

I don't know their roster that well. Have I missed anyone ?

If I was Gutho's manager, I'd be shopping him to the Tigpies. They've lost their 1. That's where wants to play and they're likely to offer him a long deal and pay him overs.
Josh Hoffman
Auva'a goes ok too.

Agree, the main point is you need at least 2 options for your go to guy on the 6th tackle .... if you just have the one, the odds of the opposition being able to anticipate and close the play down improve dramatically.

The 2nd playmaker doesn't have to be a rocket surgeon ... just an alternative and competent.

If they are also young, quick and talented like a Hastings or Croker .... appi days.
Exactly! He'll still do incredibly well with Croker or Hastings. Cherry doesn't need a Cronk to win the comp for us.

Would agree except - every time we have a back injured in the last 3 years - complete disorganisation & game over.

Would agree except - every time we have a back injured in the last 3 years - complete disorganisation & game over.

Yeah buddy, it's not an ideal situation but we now have Thommo that can help if it's a centre, wing of FB injured.
With Api, the new #6, Thommo and Sirro we should be able to do a pretty good shuffle.
Think i've just got a bee in my bonnet about utilities taking up bench space and how games are won these days with so structured defence.

I'll take him back, Uate is aging and Kelly isn't proven yet. I want to see how Kelly goes first though

I'll take him back, Uate is aging and Kelly isn't proven yet. I want to see how Kelly goes first though
I think Jade Anderson will be well and truly ready to rock 'n roll when Uate is done. I think he'll be first drop this season if either winger goes down and keeping them on their toes. Hopefully Jorge finds his form and stays fit this season and the other wing should be his for another few years.

I wonder if the chatter about Hodkinson to Sharks and Gutherson to us starting at around the same time has anything to it...?

The impression I seemed go get from 360 the other day was Smith will play fullback until Gutho comes back. That means french to the wing (which he himself has said he won't be happy with). Hayne and Jennings in the centres. Auvaa to the other wing. Taka back to the forwards.

They won't be half the team they were with Semi. He turned out to be a game changer in so many of their wins last year. He alone is a reason for them to drop down a peg or two.

Their forwards haven't really improved either. Kane Evans is good for about 25mins total... He's their only addition.
Their pack isn't strong enough for them to be a force in my opinion.

Time will tell .
If their pack isn't strong enough for the eels to be a force then what does that make our pack as we have not got over the top of them for years .
I hope the injection of Thompson and a few of our young guns can make a difference this year.
As much as I don't like the eels myself . We cant really be critical of a team that we haven't been able to beat .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6