Clint Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Gutho rumours won't go quietly
The rumours just won’t disappear that Clint Gutherson is dead keen for a return to Manly.

The Sea Eagles would have loved to have the local junior back in the maroon and white in 2018, but any chance of that happening ended when the club hit salary cap dramas.

Look for Gutho to return to the northern beaches in 2019.

TOM T
J TAUFUA
D WALKER
B KELLY
A UATE
GUTHO
DCE

Would be nice.............

Last edited:
The rumours just won’t disappear that Clint Gutherson is dead keen for a return to Manly.

The Sea Eagles would have loved to have the local junior back in the maroon and white in 2018, but any chance of that happening ended when the club hit salary cap dramas.

TOM T
J TAUFUA
D WALKER
B KELLY
A UATE
GUTHO
DCE

I’m not sure on this one. I’d love Gutho to return home. Although he left to get a shot at fullback and seems to have that now nailed down. Gutho isn’t a natural six. He is a makeshift six. I don’t think he would complement DCE, he is a run first player. He isn’t the organiser that would help unleash DCE. He would also cost a bit given he is a spine player (fullback). So do we pay overs for a makeshift six that more than likely won’t work with DCE? The only way I’d see us bringing him back is to play fullback which would mean Turbo coming into his best years and on 900k a year would have to play centre, which seems crazy. Anyway would love Gutho back but don’t see how he would fit our needs and cap given other needs we have.

A massive fan of Manly winning back a junior, but have 2 major concerns-
1) So many injury concerns
2) He is not the answer at 5/8 and won’t shift Tom from fullback
I love Gutho’s enthusiasm and shows flashes of quality footy, but can’t see it working out for numerous reasons

No thanks, that boat sailed (I hope). We have some great young halves that hopefully kick on!

It appears that the same reasons why we let him go are the same reasons why he may not be back .... a very good player, but 2nd best in most positions .... a great player for the right price as a back-up because you will always have an injury to someone.

How much is a bench utility worth?

Gutho is a great athlete , a good running back . His best positions are fullback ,wing and centre . He filled in admirably well at 5/8 .
Brad Arthur is a smart coach and he replaced Gutho with a genuine 5/8 in Moses .
Will be keen to see what affect all these ACL injuries /operations will have on his agility and speed

Same problem as when he left. I don't think he'd be back to play second fiddle. I certainly would love to see him as our utility player.

I would love gutho back, he is absolute quality. But there is no way he is coming back to be bench utility. He obviously won’t be fullback, I tend to agree that he is probably not that general style half we need to compliment dce. Which leaves center. While I think he would make a great center, I’m not sure he would come back to play center. He has proved himself a quality fullback.

According to the media & Eels news sites Bevan French is their first choice Fullback not Gutherson! He'll at 5/8 to start the season.

The word I've heard is that French will start at fullback because like Dylan Walker, Gutho is expected to start the season still in injury recovery.

Look, I like Gutho as a player, but if anyone thinks that he will play in the halves at doesn't-matta while Norman and Moses are there.....tell 'em they're dreaming.

TOM T
J TAUFUA
D WALKER
B KELLY
A UATE
GUTHO
DCE

Where did this come from mate? Source?

Maybe the stars will align. We will get past the salary cap drama without a serious penalty. Gutho will be stuck on the wing at Parra...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8