• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
At the risk of being shouted down (noting I rate Toovey as our best hooker) I rate DCE as our best half in my last life time (58 years) to play for Manly. He is the complete footballer, fast evasive, great passing game, rarely misses a tackle and on his day has a great kicking game. With all the fuss about him him being worth 1 mill per season he is furlongs ahead of hunt and moses who are getting the same coin. At this point of time IMO he is the second best captain we have had behind only Jamie Lyon. He deserves to be in the QLD side but the QRL are as bigoted and bias as the NRL IMO. His best is yet to come!
Hey, we're the same age - old!
Seen some pretty good halves... Tooves Mayes Junee Ward ... who have I forgotten?

Interesting as there's always been talk of core QLD players not in favour of him being in the team, I think it was only really ever one person.

I eagerly watched Cherry on Fox after the Storm game where DCE interviewed Cam Smith and they seem like the get on pretty bloody well, so I certainly don't think it's widespread.

I'm a Qlder but I hope we get flogged in the first 2 origins, and that Thurston, Cronk, Morgan and Milford (if picked) all have absolute shockers. So they have no choice but to pick Cherry and Qld win 49-10 in the dead rubber with Cherry scoring 2 tries (one a chip and chase), setting up 5, kicks five 40-20's, makes 45 tackles and kicks a field goal to round it off. He gets the Man of the Match award presented by f###wit Tallis, which Cherry belts over his head and then he does a 10 out 10 backflip off the podium. The Qld crowd then stands and applauds and all those Broncos supporters who bood Cherry as if he had signed with them and not the Titans, all jump off the top tier of Suncorp like the bunch of salary cap cheating lemmings they are. DCE then replicates the backflip off the podium after we win the 2017 premiership.

And yes DCE would make the Blues team.

Love your passion @CorkQld.....!!!!!

Chez totally deserved an origin spot no questions asked and the continued bias against him is sickening and as I have mentioned before absolutely pathetic.

The Qld morality argument sanctions
The Scumo Immortals accepting double contracts, GI backflipping on the Broncos, Darius walking out on the Knights
Yet vilifies Chez activating the NRL cooling off period as self serving :confused:

Makes sense - said no one :shake:
According to QLD Cherry was the worst guy in the world for legally backflipping and remaining at Manly and then the Titans payed a sheet load of money for the Jarryd Plane, NSW player, who backflipped on his word to return to the eels.
For Hayne Airlines first game for the Titans 25,000 people turned up for the first and only time ever.
Where is sense?
Not in Queensland!

I value Nate. But come on. When Nate Myles can make your starting team and Cherry can't make the bench. LOL. And Milford please......although i enjoy the fact he wont play for the donkeys this weekend, and may not take the field lol. ohh Wayne must be cranky;-)))))

Thank god those Qld selectors don't pick our Manly team week in week out.

I can't help but think, this whole anti DCE vibe, courier mail media driven hate in Qld after the backflip, will be, if it hasn't already, be the making of the Man.

That snotty nosed little up start, has already been turned Into our Captain

Now I dont know I have seen a more impressive debut Captain either. The Calmness of Smith. When the media bag him now, he comes out and makes them eat their words. He leads by example, like a Killer or a Ben Kennedy.

Thanks Qld, the Turtle hates you too;-).

They went with Milford instead of DCE because he is a man of integrity who would never do the kind of thing DCE did in his contract negotiations.

Oh, wait...

How Anthony Milford made Ricky Stuart his April fool with stunning backflip
Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
June 7, 2014 10:00pm
BRONCOS-bound Anthony Milford backflipped on a verbal agreement with Canberra coach Ricky Stuart, shunning a club record $3.6 million package to stay at the Raiders.

Milford’s worlds will collide in Canberra tomorrow night when the Raiders whiz-kid faces the Broncos club that won a protracted and bitter tug-of-war for his services.

But The Sunday Mail can today reveal how close Milford came to reneging on his Broncos deal. In yet another twist to a complex contractual saga, Milford privately had a change of heart in late April, telling Stuart he would rescind his agreement with the Broncos.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/3e8a65e54ea1e0ca01649807a813c5b3

Yes, but the critical difference is he ended up in QLD, and his negotiations were not a complete sideshow.

And of course Manly-Warringah never carried on when Lewy Wallis and Eugene Kilometres (he has gone metric) did a volte face and stayed in Queensland for the start of the 1987 season.

Pity, they could have been a part of at least one premiership win. Rather than the Mickey Mouse Brisbane version.

As much as I hate to do this......

Back in 1982, the QRL had a number of their Origin players, including Lewis and Myles, sign loyalty contracts which stated that the QRL had final option on their services and that they could not sign with a Sydney club without the league having the last right to match or better the offer (this was in the wake of players such as Chris Close signing with a Sydney club, in his case Manly). They were actually forced to sign those loyalty contracts under threat of never being selected for Queensland again. And with the interstate series having converted to Origin rules, that basically would have seen them out of representative football had they moved south.

These loyalty contracts were primarily set up to prevent the best Qld players from moving to Sydney to play. Note the word....Sydney. The same rules were not enforced when Meninga, Belcher and Peter Jackson signed with Canberra. Nor was anything enforced when the QRL Coaching Director of the time, a Mr. W. Bennett, also went to Canberra.

Some Queensland players who played Origin did slip through the QRL's retention net. Wally Fullerton-Smith went to St George, Trevor Gillmeister went to Easts. But it must be noted that they moved south before they were ever selected for Origin.

As much as I hate to do this......

Back in 1982, the QRL had a number of their Origin players, including Lewis and Myles, sign loyalty contracts which stated that the QRL had final option on their services and that they could not sign with a Sydney club without the league having the last right to match or better the offer (this was in the wake of players such as Chris Close signing with a Sydney club, in his case Manly). They were actually forced to sign those loyalty contracts under threat of never being selected for Queensland again. And with the interstate series having converted to Origin rules, that basically would have seen them out of representative football had they moved south.

These loyalty contracts were primarily set up to prevent the best Qld players from moving to Sydney to play. Note the word....Sydney. The same rules were not enforced when Meninga, Belcher and Peter Jackson signed with Canberra. Nor was anything enforced when the QRL Coaching Director of the time, a Mr. W. Bennett, also went to Canberra.

Some Queensland players who played Origin did slip through the QRL's retention net. Wally Fullerton-Smith went to St George, Trevor Gillmeister went to Easts. But it must be noted that they moved south before they were ever selected for Origin.
As much as I hate to say this....you don't say?

As much as I hate to say this....you don't say?

I did say :p

The upshot basically is that if the QRL had been able to match Manly's offer for both Lewis and Myles back in 1986 then we would never have got them anyway. And with the QRL knowing that the Broncos were going to start in 1988, they would have done everything they could have to come up with the money to keep their two biggest drawcards in Brisbane.

I still think it worked out for the best anyway. It prompted Bozo to move Cliffy from lock to 5/8 and allowed us to pick up Darrell Williams. Plus both Lewis and Myles would have only been short term as within a couple of years age and injury would start to catch up with them. From late 1988 Lewis began to have major injuries and Myles had dodgy knees. Both were done as players by the end of 1992.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8