• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
From what I have been told by people who are a lot closer to it than I am, there was also a lot of undermining going on when DCE did play for Queensland. A player (who shall remain nameless, but its fairly obvious who it is) was apparently constantly in Meninga's ear about dropping Cherry from the squad and selecting a club team mate of his.

The 2014 series loss was the excuse they needed to do just that. The backflip a year later was the excuse the Qld FOGS had been after to dump on him because they blame him and only him for that loss.

The thing I don't understand, is that we're led to believe this Qld team that has dominated for so long is full of future immortals, but yet you take one out (Cronk), replace him
with DCE, and it's all DCE's fault that NSW won. Either these Qld'ers aren't as great as they think they are, and Cronk is the superstar that makes them all look much better, or these blokes had off games and it's not purely DCE's fault they lost. It's a cop out, and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that someone like Thurston shifted the blame when he performed poorly and didn't lead like he should've with a new halves partner. **** bloke, regardless of how many headgears he gives to kids.

DCE has carried himself pretty well throughout. The original backflip has been analysed to death here but in short the media flogged him mercilessly while others in very similar situations were excused. There is no doubt that the Titans being a Qld club had a fair bit to do with that.

Qld will come begging him back at some point, probably next year when their 'immortals' are sagging.

I'm sure he would play well for them but what they really deserve is for Cherry to say 'no thanks' (a la Jamie Lyon) and instead lead Manly to another premiership or two.

I'm a Qlder but I hope we get flogged in the first 2 origins, and that Thurston, Cronk, Morgan and Milford (if picked) all have absolute shockers. So they have no choice but to pick Cherry and Qld win 49-10 in the dead rubber with Cherry scoring 2 tries (one a chip and chase), setting up 5, kicks five 40-20's, makes 45 tackles and kicks a field goal to round it off. He gets the Man of the Match award presented by f###wit Tallis, which Cherry belts over his head and then he does a 10 out 10 backflip off the podium. The Qld crowd then stands and applauds and all those Broncos supporters who bood Cherry as if he had signed with them and not the Titans, all jump off the top tier of Suncorp like the bunch of salary cap cheating lemmings they are. DCE then replicates the backflip off the podium after we win the 2017 premiership.

And yes DCE would make the Blues team.
Struth. And I thought they started drinking early here in the Territory ;)

Did anyone tune into Monday Night with Matty Johns last night? I was keen to see what Tallis had to say about DCE.

Well if, like me, you also tuned in to see that, you would be disappointed. They didn't mention his name ONCE in the entire game summary...

Strange, considering he was voted player of the round in the NRL 360 segment in the show just before them for the SAME GAME...

What a cowardly act from Tallis, and disappointing that his mates Johns and co didn't call him on it.

Did anyone tune into Monday Night with Matty Johns last night? I was keen to see what Tallis had to say about DCE.

Well if, like me, you also tuned in to see that, you would be disappointed. They didn't mention his name ONCE in the entire game summary...

Strange, considering he was voted player of the round in the NRL 360 segment in the show just before them for the SAME GAME...

What a cowardly act from Tallis, and disappointing that his mates Johns and co didn't call him on it.
Pathetic old egos know no limits :finger:

Chez is a self made, self assured man who backed himself to play in the NRL.

He has already achieved almost everything in his sport, apart captaining his State and Country :clap:

The concerted effort to demean Chez, is a reflection on the character of his bullies :swear:

Funny thing is no one is asking why DCE was omitted; he's not even on the radar.

I think actions have consequences; he's seen by the QLD selectors as a self interested mercenary and haven't forgotten his behaviour during his last contract negotiations.

If they were picking on form they'd pick Cherry above Milford; he leads every stat this year, and has vastly more experience in big games.

Cherry could give a rats about being selected; playing more Origin isn't going to increase his value; he's already signed for big money.

I think actions have consequences; he's seen by the QLD selectors as a self interested mercenary and haven't forgotten his behaviour during his last contract negotiations..

Interesting that they don't hold Greg 1nglis to the same standards. Did he not train with and was all set to sign with Brisbane before Crowe swept in with a truck load of Hollywood supplied cash for him to play at Souffs?

Probably has a lot to do with them knowing that 1nglis should actually be playing for NSW and not Qld and they love the fact that they got that one over the Blues.

Origin selection is more conservative than Peter Dutton's nan.

When the toads start losing Daly will be called. Maybe next year after a blues series victory they'll go into the room full of mirrors.

They went with Milford instead of DCE because he is a man of integrity who would never do the kind of thing DCE did in his contract negotiations.

Oh, wait...

How Anthony Milford made Ricky Stuart his April fool with stunning backflip
Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
June 7, 2014 10:00pm
BRONCOS-bound Anthony Milford backflipped on a verbal agreement with Canberra coach Ricky Stuart, shunning a club record $3.6 million package to stay at the Raiders.

Milford’s worlds will collide in Canberra tomorrow night when the Raiders whiz-kid faces the Broncos club that won a protracted and bitter tug-of-war for his services.

But The Sunday Mail can today reveal how close Milford came to reneging on his Broncos deal. In yet another twist to a complex contractual saga, Milford privately had a change of heart in late April, telling Stuart he would rescind his agreement with the Broncos.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/3e8a65e54ea1e0ca01649807a813c5b3

I think actions have consequences; he's seen by the QLD selectors as a self interested mercenary and haven't forgotten his behaviour during his last contract negotiations.
Cam Smith was all-but heading to the Titans before Melbourne somehow trumped the deal with some more deals.

Inglis was heading to the Broncos before the rain prevented his plane heading up to Brisbane.

Neither appeared to have been unduly affected by these contract backflips they performed.

Struth. And I thought they started drinking early here in the Territory ;)
Sorry I get a bit fired up when Manly players are involved, and how a couple of years later the media and former players still go on about the back flip. It's as if DCE knocked off King Wally or something.

They went with Milford instead of DCE because he is a man of integrity who would never do the kind of thing DCE did in his contract negotiations.

Oh, wait...

How Anthony Milford made Ricky Stuart his April fool with stunning backflip
Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
June 7, 2014 10:00pm
BRONCOS-bound Anthony Milford backflipped on a verbal agreement with Canberra coach Ricky Stuart, shunning a club record $3.6 million package to stay at the Raiders.

Milford’s worlds will collide in Canberra tomorrow night when the Raiders whiz-kid faces the Broncos club that won a protracted and bitter tug-of-war for his services.

But The Sunday Mail can today reveal how close Milford came to reneging on his Broncos deal. In yet another twist to a complex contractual saga, Milford privately had a change of heart in late April, telling Stuart he would rescind his agreement with the Broncos.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/3e8a65e54ea1e0ca01649807a813c5b3
Thank you for that, that's my new comeback for all the Broncos wanks who still whinge about DCE

At the risk of being shouted down (noting I rate Toovey as our best hooker) I rate DCE as our best half in my last life time (58 years) to play for Manly. He is the complete footballer, fast evasive, great passing game, rarely misses a tackle and on his day has a great kicking game. With all the fuss about him him being worth 1 mill per season he is furlongs ahead of hunt and moses who are getting the same coin. At this point of time IMO he is the second best captain we have had behind only Jamie Lyon. He deserves to be in the QLD side but the QRL are as bigoted and bias as the NRL IMO. His best is yet to come!

At the risk of being shouted down (noting I rate Toovey as our best hooker) I rate DCE as our best half in my last life time (58 years) to play for Manly. He is the complete footballer, fast evasive, great passing game, rarely misses a tackle and on his day has a great kicking game. With all the fuss about him him being worth 1 mill per season he is furlongs ahead of hunt and moses who are getting the same coin. At this point of time IMO he is the second best captain we have had behind only Jamie Lyon. He deserves to be in the QLD side but the QRL are as bigoted and bias as the NRL IMO. His best is yet to come!
Easy to get emotional about the players that are doing well for Manly right now but a certain Cliffy Lyons and the old bull Ben Kennedy would have something to say about both of your claims.

Sorry I get a bit fired up when Manly players are involved, and how a couple of years later the media and former players still go on about the back flip. It's as if DCE knocked off King Wally or something.
And of course Manly-Warringah never carried on when Lewy Wallis and Eugene Kilometres (he has gone metric) did a volte face and stayed in Queensland for the start of the 1987 season.

Pity, they could have been a part of at least one premiership win. Rather than the Mickey Mouse Brisbane version.

Cliffy was our best ever 5/8 ever aljough rocks and diamonds and Bk was a great second rower but I rate a DCE our best half back. Not just on this years performance but he contribution to our last grand final win?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10