Bye Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder how he would have gone with...... one more year?!?!
I honestly think he could have played 3-4 more years... He could have played in our 2011 premiership side - He played in Super League until the end of 2012 (aged 39)!

IIRC he played more games at 5/8 in 2008 than any other player in our team. He still played there in some of our finals games.

That year, the Channel 9 commentators were suggesting he would be an extremely good choice for State of Origin as an interchange player. While not as evasive he still had decent speed and his timing was still better than most.

Viva la Beaver!

I honestly think he could have played 3-4 more years... He could have played in our 2011 premiership side - He played in Super League until the end of 2012 (aged 39)!

IIRC he played more games at 5/8 in 2008 than any other player in our team. He still played there in some of our finals games.

That year, the Channel 9 commentators were suggesting he would be an extremely good choice for State of Origin as an interchange player. While not as evasive he still had decent speed and his timing was still better than most.

Viva la Beaver!
I’ve always been a tad disappointed that he was let go. He could have passed the four hundred game mark with a little fortune. So fit and resilient was Beaver... one of our very best.

From head coach to an assistant for a local junior team . The rumour sounds just about right !

From head coach to an assistant for a local junior team . The rumour sounds just about right !

So much for Phil Gould continually telling everyone that he was the next Supercoach.

Damn that makes me laugh. Gould continually telling everyone that, yet couldn't get him out of Penrith quick enough after his failure with their dominant U/20's side.

So much for Phil Gould continually telling everyone that he was the next Supercoach.

Damn that makes me laugh. Gould continually telling everyone that, yet couldn't get him out of Penrith quick enough after his failure with their dominant U/20's side.
Maybe at the time that is what Gould really thought . He may have seen some potential in Trent . The thing is though that showing potential and living up to your potential are two different things . The NRL is a ball breaker and a good head coach must have TRUE GRIT . Trent has demonstrated to the league world that he walks away from the gritty stuff.
True-Grit_Web__89272.1527637997.jpg

Maybe at the time that is what Gould really thought . He may have seen some potential in Trent . The thing is though that showing potential and living up to your potential are two different things . The NRL is a ball breaker and a head coach must have TRUE GRIT . Trent has demonstrated to the league world that he walks away from the gritty stuff.
View attachment 10560

Mate, I get where you're coming from. But the reality is that if Gould really had that much faith in his coaching ability he wouldn't have gotten rid of him in the first place. Penrith at the time had THE dominant U/20's team, yet Barrett failed to get the reigning premiers into the Finals. The first thing Gould did was get him out of there and make him Cleary's assistant in first grade, a position where he had very little actual power over things. Then as soon as it became known that Tooves was on borrowed time at Manly and we'd be looking for a coach, Gould seemingly couldn't sell Barrett's coaching virtues to Bob Fulton quick enough. But I think after a while even Bozo realised that he'd been duped.

I 100% agree with you about Barrett's lack of grit though.

At a bbq yesterday a mate told me that Trent has moved back to Wollongong. He said that he will be assisting with 1 of the local junior teams. He used to live at Barrack Point but is now renting a few houses from his old home.

Well, I feel sorry for those six-year-olds. Most kids dream of playing NRL one day but he will kill their careers before even playing their first season of footy.

At a bbq yesterday a mate told me that Trent has moved back to Wollongong. He said that he will be assisting with 1 of the local junior teams. He used to live at Barrack Point but is now renting a few houses from his old home.
Yep
That’s right
In the water again too and struggles
More chance on the paddock than on a board

Just listened to a podcast from back in October with Jake T and DCE.

One of the topics that popped up was how deflating and hard it was for the playing group to deal with a coach who quit in the first half of the season.

Was interesting to hear from the frontline what impact Baz quitting had. One can only imagine how hard it would have been digging deep on the field when the coach had quit off the field.

Leaves me full of optimism for this year. 2nd half of 2018 I think can somewhat be written off because the boys heads weren't in the right place.

The club seems to have turned a corner. We have a stable coach commited for the next few years. I think the playing group will respond.... Bring on the Tigers in round 1!

What was the podcast Batty?

Now that Barrett is officially out of the race for the sharks job I just wanna say I wish that he got the job.. because playing the sharks would of brought another while level of element and theatre to it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4