Bye Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Certainly agree that D C E had a top year in 2017 and was in excellent form and playing every match from memory As with the majority of the side last season , played a quite disjointed role in many matches until his much improved efforts after S O O 3 Croker was always up against it in the early stages of last season with so much below standard ball control and mistake rate in many of those early season games from the side not helping his cause either . Still a natural footballer with quite reasonable ability , and the way that he was going prior to getting re injured in that 2 nd Knights match showed that he did have something to offer as a 6 . Just too much staid and boring tactical play from the side last season in general and if Croker has a decent run on the injury front and can play with some confidence and good constructive involvement , he could well still prove to be a quite handy player

Thanks for that .... you have really added to the debate of the use of the bench ..... I have noticed however not one of the punchies has disputed my point about Des's use of the bench with me ..... just thrown personal barbs in place of having any intelligent recourse ...... you fit right in ..
Oh this is good. Those last two points are gold. I really don't feel i throw personal barbs but if you feel that im sorry. Really I am. Perhaps we should all just agree with you?
Not sure why but latly I just find myself disagreeing with anything about the great TB you post. Not many on here share your high regard for the man and that's ok too.
I feel that it wasn't warranted to engage with you about Des's use of the bench considering he has been one of our greatest coaches. A man with multiple permierships and a win percentage which puts him at 40 on the all time NRL coaching list.(top 10 if you factor in coaches that have over 300 games under their belt). Why would I discuss his use of the bench? He was a winner.
Now forgive me if I'm incorrect but wasn't the article actually written to point out how bad TB was in regards to his bench use? If it was and if you come on to stand up for him then it's probably fair game wouldn't you say?
Finally Old Woody my friend is it just me or do you like talking down to people on here? I just feel like I have seen so many little one liners from you that take a 'big I am' tone too often. If it makes you feel better to think that you have a talent for intelligent recourse ...... then old chap you swing away.....
P.S. I had better get at least a dummy spit for this pile of stinking poo.

Now forgive me if I'm incorrect but wasn't the article actually written to point out how bad TB was in regards to his bench use? If it was and if you come on to stand up for him then it's probably fair game wouldn't you say?

See, once again a long winded self justification ignoring the actual point .....

Yes the original comments were critising Barrett's use of the bench ...... I simple pointed out that Des also often doesn't use the whole bench .... this was niether a criticism of Des, nor as the punchies jumped to outrage ... a defense of Barrett .... it was simply a statement of fact .....

Since then I have had the punchies have a go at me for my love of Barrett ...... as you just did, even though I have pointed out several times ... I never mentioned Barrett ..... and you wonder why I question how bright some of you are ....

Great Balls of Courage you say ?
Lets put things in perspective !
He had the "balls" to walk away from the irreversible team mismanagement that he contributed and had no ability and answers to overcome a disastrous and failing coaching venture and to divert his incompetence he played the what he was promised card and took the money and quit .

I totally fail to see what is do brave about talking over half a million of dollars in salary and quitting ?
Can one ever imagine the legendary leader Winston Churhill ever saying to his troops when they were being bombed , Sorry lads I tried to negotiate a peace deal but they did not meet my conditions so I will quit as leader I will take my salary package and wish you all the best .

Any one with big Balls , Courage and here is another one SELF BELIEF would stick it out and let their results vindicate just how competent they are under adversity as only under adversity we can only tell what type of operator one is. .
Under adversity Trent has proven to the NRL world that head coaching is totally out of his depth .

By quitting Trent made a short term money gain and damaged any credibility of him being a competent , resilient and proactive head coach .

Any one that would put Trent as head coach of their NRL club really has to be BRAVE . Very Brave and foolish .

Resilience and a never say die attitude is the making of great leadership .
CoCo boy is no leader and he has proven this with his actions !

index.jpg

Great Balls of Courage you say ?
Lets put things in perspective !
He had the "balls" to walk away from the irreversible team mismanagement that he contributed and had no ability and answers to overcome a disastrous and failing coaching venture and to divert his incompetence he played the what he was promised card and took the money and quit .

I totally fail to see what is do brave about talking over half a million of dollars in salary and quitting ?
Can one ever imagine the legendary leader Winston Churhill ever saying to his troops when they were being bombed , Sorry lads I tried to negotiate a peace deal but they did not meet my conditions so I will quit as leader I will take my salary package and wish you all the best .

Any one with big Balls , Courage and here is another one SELF BELIEF would stick it out and let their results vindicate just how competent they are under adversity as only under adversity we can only tell what type of operator one is. .
Under adversity Trent has proven to the NRL world that head coaching is totally out of his depth .

By quitting Trent made a short term money gain and damaged any credibility of him being a competent , resilient and proactive head coach .

Any one that would put Trent as head coach of their NRL club really has to be BRAVE . Very Brave and foolish .

Resilience and a never say die attitude is the making of great leadership .
CoCo boy is no leader and he has proven this with his actions !

View attachment 10507

@BOZO my friend, what does it say about your coaching ability if you get sacked with 2 years left on your contract? Honest opinion, tell me what your stance on that is, mate? Don't get me wrong, my feelings on that coach is amazing, but just wanted your feelings on that.

@BOZO my friend, what does it say about your coaching ability if you get sacked with 2 years left on your contract? Honest opinion, tell me what your stance on that is, mate? Don't get me wrong, my feelings on that coach is amazing, but just wanted your feelings on that.
There are many variables behind this generic question of yours . If this was about specifically the incompetent Trents duration as head coach than the answer would be obvious my feathered friend

Ryan, if I can jump in on that .... the short answer is, that the blokes at the club paying your wages are not happy with the currennt situation and obviously feel that you are incapable of turning it around ... so much so that they are prepared to pay out over a million to get rid of you ...

That said, professional coaching is a complex endeavour, and many things have to come together for success to be achieved, many of those things are beyond a coaches ability to influence ...... being the best coach with the best players is not a guarantee of success ... For example the great Jack Gibson was a world beater at Parra ..... couldn't get those sharkies to win a barrier draw ....

You need a professional front office prepared to give the football dept. , ever asset and advantage at their disposal, talented and experienced support staff, a first rate roster, you need a good run with injuries, a harmonious playing group without personality conflicts or cliches, motivated depth players, a reasonable schedule, a fair run from the refs, minimum off field dramas and distradtions, probably 10 other things and a lot of luck,

having said all that, Des is a first rate coah, and is smart enough to realise coaching isn't a one man band .... at Manly he has , surrounded himself with quality help and top draw staff .... he will be able to concentrate on the big picture and the small details and let his staff handle everything in between. He has done the first thing ... prepared for success .....

Finally Old Woody my friend is it just me or do you like talking down to people on here? I just feel like I have seen so many little one liners from you that take a 'big I am' tone too often. If it makes you feel better to think that you have a talent for intelligent recourse ...... then old chap you swing away.....
P.S. I had better get at least a dummy spit for this pile of stinking poo.
I am fast getting quite turned off Silvertails by this sort of attitude. The Forum has become combative and there seems to be one poster that is always in the thick of it. I hardly ever post these days for that reason. I even PM'd one of the combative posters on here to try to reset and alter any misunderstandings and get things somewhere towards a civil discussion but that went unanswered, which with the benefit of hindsight I should not have been surprised by.

I have been reluctant to use the ignore button because it really doesn't work when posts appear that a replying to some aggressive condescending post and it is just easier not to.

This off season is the worst I can recall in my years on this Board.

Edit: Have a great weekend all, I'm off to pickup my new Mustang and head for the Great Ocean Road for a bit of a road trip.

Last edited:
Ryan, if I can jump in on that .... the short answer is, that the blokes at the club paying your wages are not happy with the currennt situation and obviously feel that you are incapable of turning it around ... so much so that they are prepared to pay out over a million to get rid of you ...

That said, professional coaching is a complex endeavour, and many things have to come together for success to be achieved, many of those things are beyond a coaches ability to influence ...... being the best coach with the best players is not a guarantee of success ... For example the great Jack Gibson was a world beater at Parra ..... couldn't get those sharkies to win a barrier draw ....

You need a professional front office prepared to give the football dept. , ever asset and advantage at their disposal, talented and experienced support staff, a first rate roster, you need a good run with injuries, a harmonious playing group without personality conflicts or cliches, motivated depth players, a reasonable schedule, a fair run from the refs, minimum off field dramas and distradtions, probably 10 other things and a lot of luck,

having said all that, Des is a first rate coah, and is smart enough to realise coaching isn't a one man band .... at Manly he has , surrounded himself with quality help and top draw staff .... he will be able to concentrate on the big picture and the small details and let his staff handle everything in between. He has done the first thing ... prepared for success .....

Hey Woodsie have you had a head knock in the past hour?

I am fast getting quite turned off Silvertails by this sort of attitude. The Forum has become combative and there seems to be one poster that is always in the thick of it. I hardly ever post these days for that reason. I even PM'd one of the combative posters on here to try to reset and alter any misunderstandings and get things somewhere towards a civil discussion but that went unanswered, which with the benefit of hindsight I should not have been surprised by.

I have been reluctant to use the ignore button because it really doesn't work when posts appear that a replying to some aggressive condescending post and it is just easier not to.

This off season is the worst I can recall in my years on this Board.

Edit: Have a great weekend all, I'm off to pickup my new Mustang and head for the Great Ocean Road for a bit of a road trip.
Great idea, see it before it washes away:
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...at-risk-from-surging-sea-20190110-p50qjb.html
and be careful not to fall off :) .....or get run into by some idiot admiring the view
cf5173920dd946a5bb54d50ce780c7ee25d471ba

If you read posts I also said that forums are not only for discussions they also to make comments . I made a comment to another member about their very funny post and you came along and over reacted and called it an attack and put down and then you end your post with this message to me ...|
Quote ...
"I hope you are eating your vitamins,drinking plenty of water,getting exercise and lots of sleep."...

For a guy that is telling me that I dont understand the difference between a put down or an expression . You really are are a funny guy Joe. LOL

Thanks again for your concern for my well being. I did not know how much you really care. ;)
I am not sure what planet you live on,but you seem happy.If you think I over reacted then that is how you choose to take it.You were intending to mock Snake and if you refuse to accept that,then you are probably telling porkies.Telling me that I might die of a heart attack and then not thinking I would respond in kind......(you get what you give Bozo)Anyway,we were going back and forth and then out of the blue you try to introduce something you said to another person as part of our conversation,it is a little like arguing whether the weather is hot or cold today in Sydney and then saying that it is hot in Lebanon today,therefore it is hot today to back up your argument.I love a lot of your input and your passion Bozo,but trying to have a discussion with you is like playing chess with a pigeon....

See, once again a long winded self justification ignoring the actual point .....

Yes the original comments were critising Barrett's use of the bench ...... I simple pointed out that Des also often doesn't use the whole bench .... this was niether a criticism of Des, nor as the punchies jumped to outrage ... a defense of Barrett .... it was simply a statement of fact .....

Since then I have had the punchies have a go at me for my love of Barrett ...... as you just did, even though I have pointed out several times ... I never mentioned Barrett ..... and you wonder why I question how bright some of you are ....
The first sentence of this post, regarding long winded self justifying statements that ultimately cause the writer to miss the point... is a very good one.

Guys, can I just reconfirm something about my stance on the coaching situation (not that it really means anything hehehe).

* I think I might be misconstruing my stance a little.

Personally, I feel we've gone from a beaten up 2016 Datsun 120B(arrett), back to a classic 2011 Bentley Twin Turbo V12 HybriD(es) in Des.

The upgrade is outstanding. I'm seriously over the moon. Barrett annoyed and frustrated the heck out of me.

The caoching staff, the support staff, the CEO, all the club's infrastructure is looking so much better.

The legacy Barrett has left behind talent wise (especially in our backline is pretty Teflon).

The reason I shelled out another half a grand plus for my season ticket is that I'm really excited and plugged in, something I wasn't when Barrett and his chronies were here.

But if as you say 'let's keep on topic' why bring Des into it?
I will point out again Des was a gold plated Winner with us and the Bullfrogs for a time. I see no justification in comparing a winner's use of the bench to a loosers use of the bench. If TB had not used his bench properly and had a winning record then good for him. He didn't so he was pushed to the side.

Finally you wrote

' and I wonder how bright some of you are ' your Honour I rest my case.

Last edited:
I need to stop opening these threads with the expectation that a page and a half of new posts might actually contain something on topic and worth reading.

If all you people have to do on here is talk about irrelevant crap and attack each other you need to develop a more well rounded personal life.

I am not sure what planet you live on,but you seem happy.If you think I over reacted then that is how you choose to take it.You were intending to mock Snake and if you refuse to accept that,then you are probably telling porkies.Telling me that I might die of a heart attack and then not thinking I would respond in kind......(you get what you give Bozo)Anyway,we were going back and forth and then out of the blue you try to introduce something you said to another person as part of our conversation,it is a little like arguing whether the weather is hot or cold today in Sydney and then saying that it is hot in Lebanon today,therefore it is hot today to back up your argument.I love a lot of your input and your passion Bozo,but trying to have a discussion with you is like playing chess with a pigeon....

I found Snakes post funny and I reacted in that way. What was so funny ? His quote that Trent has a lot to offer . That is the way I saw it and reacted and you over reacted as far as I am concerned . Why ? This is why ....
There is a thing called perception and you took it upon to see your self as a guru on reading peoples minds .
As far as playing chess with a pigeon you are referring to the wrong guy because I am a Sea eagle every day of the week !
Trent has a lot to offer ? Bloody hilarious and I still cant help from laughing LOL .
If you @Smokin Joe also think Trent still has a lot to offer your very very funny as well !

Last edited:
Hasnt this Trent fwit gone alreday. close the page....He is a garden gnome now.....
The funny thing is that some one here think he has a lot to offer and when you tell them how ridiculous and funny this is they get offended .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6