Bye Trent

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by tookey, Dec 6, 2018.

Share This Page

1. BOZO

By:BOZOJan 10, 2019
    2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +13,648 /595
    I suggest you go back and read what I posted and maybe you will understand what I was trying to say . This version of "attack" of yours does not make sense to me .
    Expressing your views on ones post does not mean attack .
    Take it easy Joe other wise you will die of a heart "attack" mate

2. Wombat64

By:Wombat64Jan 10, 2019
    Premium Member 2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
    Ratings:
    +4,300 /94
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Smokin Joe

By:Smokin JoeJan 10, 2019

Likes Given:
      Ratings:
      +1,912 /34
      Thanks for the suggestion,but I had already done that.Maybe you choose to read the posts you want and ignore others?I will put it down logically for you...I said it is hard to have a discussion with some people who just put down/attack or blindly agree with others who share their same opinion.You then wrote in response that we would not have a forum if we all agreed.I then said I did not say we all should agree,you then mentioned something you said in a previous post to someone else.I then said no,that is not what I said because you were talking to someone else.Maybe you should keep track of comments you make to different people because I am not sure you remember what you say to people....I am not sure you understand the difference between put down or express,maybe they mean the same to you?Thanks for the concern about my health,I appreciate it......I hope you are eating your vitamins,drinking plenty of water,getting exercise and lots of sleep....

• Like Like x 2
      • Snake

By:SnakeJan 10, 2019
        Snakes Alive!!!

Likes Given:
        Ratings:
        +6,366 /283
        I think it's more outlandish to say he almost killed DCE's career than it is to say he improved him when you factor in that he finally broke back in to rep footy.

In my opinion, 2017 was Daly's best year since 2013. He was near the top for try assists and won us some tight games with clutch field goals etc. he struggled a little without Green along side him last year but he is the incumbent Australian and QLD halfback so he is doing alright.

• Agree Agree x 4
        • BOZO

2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
          Ratings:
          +13,648 /595
          If you read posts I also said that forums are not only for discussions they also to make comments . I made a comment to another member about their very funny post and you came along and over reacted and called it an attack and put down and then you end your post with this message to me ...|
          Quote ...
          "I hope you are eating your vitamins,drinking plenty of water,getting exercise and lots of sleep."...

For a guy that is telling me that I dont understand the difference between a put down or an expression . You really are are a funny guy Joe. LOL

Thanks again for your concern for my well being. I did not know how much you really care. ;)

• BOZO

2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
          Ratings:
          +13,648 /595
          I disagree with you there Snake . DCE broke into rep footy off his own individual brilliance . DCE is an elite player and from what I saw Trents style of coaching held him back . In fact Trent held the whole team back to wooden spoon level .
          In 3 years under Trent we went backwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Ryan

By:RyanJan 11, 2019

Likes Given:
            Ratings:
            +13,535 /638
            Agree, he made some really poor decisions and choices as coach. Frustrated the poop out of me at times.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Harvies elbow

By:Harvies elbowJan 11, 2019
              I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
              Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
              Ratings:
              +10,925 /141
              He who cannot coach is not a scapegoat.
              He is an incompetent twit who never should have been involved with our club.
              And will be remembered by his results.
              Which are nil...

• Winner Winner x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • HoldenV8

By:HoldenV8Jan 11, 2019

Likes Given:
                Ratings:
                +16,530 /242
                Lets be honest here with regards to DCE.

He didn't get back into the Qld side and subsequently the Kangaroos because of anything to do with Barrett's coaching. Cronk and Thurston retired from rep footy, Morgan, Milford and Ponga got injured, Hunt had failed as a starter (but seemed to find his niche as a reserve hooker), Ash Taylor was seen as not being up to the job and Norman was badly out of form.

DCE was Qld's only other option and his form in that game, plus the continued troubles of others, got him back into the Australian side.

Now good on DCE for playing like he did last year for Qld and Australia. He showed that in all reality, he should never have been dropped from either in the first place. But to say he got back in was because of Barrett's coaching is stretching it WAY too far. He only got back in because they had no one else. As good as he is and despite that he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place, if Morgan and Milford hadn't been injured and Hunt hadn't failed, he would still be on the outer with both, or at the very least Qld (Mal at least seemed to realise that he deserved his spot).

• Agree Agree x 5
                • Like Like x 4
                • Winner Winner x 1
                  Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
                • mave

By:maveJan 11, 2019
                  Premium Member 2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
                  Ratings:
                  +5,283 /141
                  I dont think he was given a chance by Baz to play his game. Just used as a link. Maybe Baz wanted to ease him in to FG, maybe Croker doesn't have more to offer. I doubt we will ever know now.

He is a real tough kid though, and you cant teach that.

• Agree Agree x 2
                  • SeaEagleRock8

By:SeaEagleRock8Jan 11, 2019
                    Sea Eagle Lach
                    Staff Member Premium Member 2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
                    Ratings:
                    +13,565 /297
                    A quality much appreciated by a certain D Hasler...

• Agree Agree x 1
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                    • Woodsie

By:WoodsieJan 11, 2019
                      played strong, done good.

Likes Given:
                      Ratings:
                      +17,837 /374
                      Thanks for that .... you have really added to the debate of the use of the bench ..... I have noticed however not one of the punchies has disputed my point about Des's use of the bench with me ..... just thrown personal barbs in place of having any intelligent recourse ...... you fit right in ..

• Funny Funny x 1
                      • BOZO

By:BOZOJan 11, 2019
                        2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
                        Ratings:
                        +13,648 /595
                        Many tough NRL players did not have the ability to excel in the NRL . If it was just all about toughness most of the pub bouncer boofheads including my self would make it in the NRL . To excel in the NRL one must posses a high level of skill to be competitive and the NRL level was out of Crokers depth in my view and our head coach believes this also as he demoted Croker to our development squad . Will he ever be NRL quality ? Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • manly al

By:manly alJan 11, 2019
                          2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
                          Ratings:
                          +1,626 /20
                          Certainly agree that D C E had a top year in 2017 and was in excellent form and playing every match from memory As with the majority of the side last season , played a quite disjointed role in many matches until his much improved efforts after S O O 3 Croker was always up against it in the early stages of last season with so much below standard ball control and mistake rate in many of those early season games from the side not helping his cause either . Still a natural footballer with quite reasonable ability , and the way that he was going prior to getting re injured in that 2 nd Knights match showed that he did have something to offer as a 6 . Just too much staid and boring tactical play from the side last season in general and if Croker has a decent run on the injury front and can play with some confidence and good constructive involvement , he could well still prove to be a quite handy player

• Eagle of London

By:Eagle of LondonJan 11, 2019

Likes Given:
                          Ratings:
                          +1,069 /68
                          Oh this is good. Those last two points are gold. I really don't feel i throw personal barbs but if you feel that im sorry. Really I am. Perhaps we should all just agree with you?
                          Not sure why but latly I just find myself disagreeing with anything about the great TB you post. Not many on here share your high regard for the man and that's ok too.
                          I feel that it wasn't warranted to engage with you about Des's use of the bench considering he has been one of our greatest coaches. A man with multiple permierships and a win percentage which puts him at 40 on the all time NRL coaching list.(top 10 if you factor in coaches that have over 300 games under their belt). Why would I discuss his use of the bench? He was a winner.
                          Now forgive me if I'm incorrect but wasn't the article actually written to point out how bad TB was in regards to his bench use? If it was and if you come on to stand up for him then it's probably fair game wouldn't you say?
                          Finally Old Woody my friend is it just me or do you like talking down to people on here? I just feel like I have seen so many little one liners from you that take a 'big I am' tone too often. If it makes you feel better to think that you have a talent for intelligent recourse ...... then old chap you swing away.....
                          P.S. I had better get at least a dummy spit for this pile of stinking poo.

• Agree Agree x 2
                          • Clever Clever x 1
                          • Woodsie

Likes Given:
                            Ratings:
                            +17,837 /374
                            See, once again a long winded self justification ignoring the actual point .....

Yes the original comments were critising Barrett's use of the bench ...... I simple pointed out that Des also often doesn't use the whole bench .... this was niether a criticism of Des, nor as the punchies jumped to outrage ... a defense of Barrett .... it was simply a statement of fact .....

Since then I have had the punchies have a go at me for my love of Barrett ...... as you just did, even though I have pointed out several times ... I never mentioned Barrett ..... and you wonder why I question how bright some of you are ....

• BOZO

2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
                            Ratings:
                            +13,648 /595
                            Great Balls of Courage you say ?
                            Lets put things in perspective !
                            He had the "balls" to walk away from the irreversible team mismanagement that he contributed and had no ability and answers to overcome a disastrous and failing coaching venture and to divert his incompetence he played the what he was promised card and took the money and quit .

I totally fail to see what is do brave about talking over half a million of dollars in salary and quitting ?
                            Can one ever imagine the legendary leader Winston Churhill ever saying to his troops when they were being bombed , Sorry lads I tried to negotiate a peace deal but they did not meet my conditions so I will quit as leader I will take my salary package and wish you all the best .

Any one with big Balls , Courage and here is another one SELF BELIEF would stick it out and let their results vindicate just how competent they are under adversity as only under adversity we can only tell what type of operator one is. .
                            Under adversity Trent has proven to the NRL world that head coaching is totally out of his depth .

By quitting Trent made a short term money gain and damaged any credibility of him being a competent , resilient and proactive head coach .

Any one that would put Trent as head coach of their NRL club really has to be BRAVE . Very Brave and foolish .

Resilience and a never say die attitude is the making of great leadership .
                            CoCo boy is no leader and he has proven this with his actions !

index.jpg

• Ryan

By:RyanJan 11, 2019

Likes Given:
                            Ratings:
                            +13,535 /638
                            @BOZO my friend, what does it say about your coaching ability if you get sacked with 2 years left on your contract? Honest opinion, tell me what your stance on that is, mate? Don't get me wrong, my feelings on that coach is amazing, but just wanted your feelings on that.

• Informative Informative x 1
                            • BOZO

2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
                              Ratings:
                              +13,648 /595
                              There are many variables behind this generic question of yours . If this was about specifically the incompetent Trents duration as head coach than the answer would be obvious my feathered friend

• Woodsie

Likes Given:
                              Ratings:
                              +17,837 /374
                              Ryan, if I can jump in on that .... the short answer is, that the blokes at the club paying your wages are not happy with the currennt situation and obviously feel that you are incapable of turning it around ... so much so that they are prepared to pay out over a million to get rid of you ...

That said, professional coaching is a complex endeavour, and many things have to come together for success to be achieved, many of those things are beyond a coaches ability to influence ...... being the best coach with the best players is not a guarantee of success ... For example the great Jack Gibson was a world beater at Parra ..... couldn't get those sharkies to win a barrier draw ....

You need a professional front office prepared to give the football dept. , ever asset and advantage at their disposal, talented and experienced support staff, a first rate roster, you need a good run with injuries, a harmonious playing group without personality conflicts or cliches, motivated depth players, a reasonable schedule, a fair run from the refs, minimum off field dramas and distradtions, probably 10 other things and a lot of luck,

having said all that, Des is a first rate coah, and is smart enough to realise coaching isn't a one man band .... at Manly he has , surrounded himself with quality help and top draw staff .... he will be able to concentrate on the big picture and the small details and let his staff handle everything in between. He has done the first thing ... prepared for success .....

• Agree Agree x 1
                              • Winner Winner x 1
                              1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                                By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
                                Dismiss Notice