Bye Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree about Croker. I meant it was was a huge gamble because of his history with knee injuries.

Can't help myself ..... they keep sticking their chins out .......
But you resemble a 20yo that has just been booted from the pub throwing windmills at everyone and yet not connecting with one chin. Sure a few make contact below the belt but not one killer blow. Go home, Have a sleep and you will feel better in the morning young man.

Last edited:
I said we all have the right to express our views on here and sometimes what we read is funny and that is part of our expression .
In forums one can make a statement , make a comment , express our views as well as start a debate
No,you suggested I said we all have to agree,I did not say/suggest that,I said it is hard to discuss a point when someone attacks or puts down your view,rather than argues your point.

The problem with this back and forth argument about Barrett is that people are sticking hard left or hard right when the reality sits somewhere in the middle. Is Barrett a hopeless coach? No. Did he make mistakes? Yes. Did he face a series of obstacles beyond his own doing? Certainly.

He didn't really fail, things just didn't work out. That's footy. He certainly has some shortcomings, in particular, a drinking culture that he oversaw, paired with leaving Cartwright to coach the teams defence. But, he improved many players, including DCE (who had a standout 2017 season) and got the likes of AFB and Koroisau pushing for rep honours.

It is what is, he may never coach FG again due to the way he left Manly but he certainly has plenty to offer.

And the award for most emoji replys goes to....

I'm sorry but 'improve DCE' ? TB almost killed his career. DCE was a world beater 4 years ago and now even thou he has forced his way back into the QLD and AUS he's not the player he was.

I'm not sure how many times both @Woodsie and I have to repeat, that we aren't debating the quality of Trent Barrett's coaching here. We aren't debating his bench utilisation, defensive formations / structures, on field discipline, off field culture.

I can't speak on behalf of Woodsie, but the issue I have is that everyone ripped into him for asking for additional staff, improved infrastructure, improved amenities for our club and players. I'm pissed off that Penn / Gorman / Cleary "allegedly" promised a raft improvements (tangible and intangible promises) that went unfulfilled.

THEN, everyone's expectation, is that he should have "just got on with it".

As I said previously, if we were winning, in the top 6 last season (as well as the season before), he'd be getting everyone's support. I also love how all the experts just naturally "know" that he had another job lined up, so he was behind the scenes doing some sneaky work.

I hated Barrett's team selections. I hated his coaching staff selections. I hated the culture (and how he treated some players - even publicly). No-one is debating that.

But lets call a spade a spade. He wasn't given what was promised (according to him), the media have it perceived that we are a wet paper bag monetarily, and rightfully so. Trent wanted better conditions, and I applaud him for requesting, vocalising, then having the balls to stand up for the courage of his convictions.
Watch out it's the Media's fault again.

The media doesn't coach the side mate. That was left to TB and he failed monumentaly.

You said it yourself that 'according to Barrett' ... bet it was more in the middle somewhere but the end game was we sucked under his leadership. End of.

No,you suggested I said we all have to agree,I did not say/suggest that,I said it is hard to discuss a point when someone attacks or puts down your view,rather than argues your point.
I suggest you go back and read what I posted and maybe you will understand what I was trying to say . This version of "attack" of yours does not make sense to me .
Expressing your views on ones post does not mean attack .
Take it easy Joe other wise you will die of a heart "attack" mate

I'm not sure how many times both @Woodsie and I have to repeat, that we aren't debating the quality of Trent Barrett's coaching here. We aren't debating his bench utilisation, defensive formations / structures, on field discipline, off field culture.

I can't speak on behalf of Woodsie, but the issue I have is that everyone ripped into him for asking for additional staff, improved infrastructure, improved amenities for our club and players. I'm pissed off that Penn / Gorman / Cleary "allegedly" promised a raft improvements (tangible and intangible promises) that went unfulfilled.

THEN, everyone's expectation, is that he should have "just got on with it".

As I said previously, if we were winning, in the top 6 last season (as well as the season before), he'd be getting everyone's support. I also love how all the experts just naturally "know" that he had another job lined up, so he was behind the scenes doing some sneaky work.

I hated Barrett's team selections. I hated his coaching staff selections. I hated the culture (and how he treated some players - even publicly). No-one is debating that.

But lets call a spade a spade. He wasn't given what was promised (according to him), the media have it perceived that we are a wet paper bag monetarily, and rightfully so. Trent wanted better conditions, and I applaud him for requesting, vocalising, then having the balls to stand up for the courage of his convictions.
giphy.gif

I suggest you go back and read what I posted and maybe you will understand what I was trying to say . This version of "attack" of yours does not make sense to me .
Expressing your views on ones post does not mean attack .
Take it easy Joe other wise you will die of a heart "attack" mate
Thanks for the suggestion,but I had already done that.Maybe you choose to read the posts you want and ignore others?I will put it down logically for you...I said it is hard to have a discussion with some people who just put down/attack or blindly agree with others who share their same opinion.You then wrote in response that we would not have a forum if we all agreed.I then said I did not say we all should agree,you then mentioned something you said in a previous post to someone else.I then said no,that is not what I said because you were talking to someone else.Maybe you should keep track of comments you make to different people because I am not sure you remember what you say to people....I am not sure you understand the difference between put down or express,maybe they mean the same to you?Thanks for the concern about my health,I appreciate it......I hope you are eating your vitamins,drinking plenty of water,getting exercise and lots of sleep....

And the award for most emoji replys goes to....

I'm sorry but 'improve DCE' ? TB almost killed his career. DCE was a world beater 4 years ago and now even thou he has forced his way back into the QLD and AUS he's not the player he was.
I think it's more outlandish to say he almost killed DCE's career than it is to say he improved him when you factor in that he finally broke back in to rep footy.

In my opinion, 2017 was Daly's best year since 2013. He was near the top for try assists and won us some tight games with clutch field goals etc. he struggled a little without Green along side him last year but he is the incumbent Australian and QLD halfback so he is doing alright.

Thanks for the suggestion,but I had already done that.Maybe you choose to read the posts you want and ignore others?I will put it down logically for you...I said it is hard to have a discussion with some people who just put down/attack or blindly agree with others who share their same opinion.You then wrote in response that we would not have a forum if we all agreed.I then said I did not say we all should agree,you then mentioned something you said in a previous post to someone else.I then said no,that is not what I said because you were talking to someone else.Maybe you should keep track of comments you make to different people because I am not sure you remember what you say to people....I am not sure you understand the difference between put down or express,maybe they mean the same to you?Thanks for the concern about my health,I appreciate it......I hope you are eating your vitamins,drinking plenty of water,getting exercise and lots of sleep....
If you read posts I also said that forums are not only for discussions they also to make comments . I made a comment to another member about their very funny post and you came along and over reacted and called it an attack and put down and then you end your post with this message to me ...|
Quote ...
"I hope you are eating your vitamins,drinking plenty of water,getting exercise and lots of sleep."...

For a guy that is telling me that I dont understand the difference between a put down or an expression . You really are are a funny guy Joe. LOL

Thanks again for your concern for my well being. I did not know how much you really care. ;)

I think it's more outlandish to say he almost killed DCE's career than it is to say he improved him when you factor in that he finally broke back in to rep footy.

In my opinion, 2017 was Daly's best year since 2013. He was near the top for try assists and won us some tight games with clutch field goals etc. he struggled a little without Green along side him last year but he is the incumbent Australian and QLD halfback so he is doing alright.
I disagree with you there Snake . DCE broke into rep footy off his own individual brilliance . DCE is an elite player and from what I saw Trents style of coaching held him back . In fact Trent held the whole team back to wooden spoon level .
In 3 years under Trent we went backwards.

Watch out it's the Media's fault again.

The media doesn't coach the side mate. That was left to TB and he failed monumentaly.

You said it yourself that 'according to Barrett' ... bet it was more in the middle somewhere but the end game was we sucked under his leadership. End of.

Agree, he made some really poor decisions and choices as coach. Frustrated the poop out of me at times.

Lets be honest here with regards to DCE.

He didn't get back into the Qld side and subsequently the Kangaroos because of anything to do with Barrett's coaching. Cronk and Thurston retired from rep footy, Morgan, Milford and Ponga got injured, Hunt had failed as a starter (but seemed to find his niche as a reserve hooker), Ash Taylor was seen as not being up to the job and Norman was badly out of form.

DCE was Qld's only other option and his form in that game, plus the continued troubles of others, got him back into the Australian side.

Now good on DCE for playing like he did last year for Qld and Australia. He showed that in all reality, he should never have been dropped from either in the first place. But to say he got back in was because of Barrett's coaching is stretching it WAY too far. He only got back in because they had no one else. As good as he is and despite that he shouldn't have been dropped in the first place, if Morgan and Milford hadn't been injured and Hunt hadn't failed, he would still be on the outer with both, or at the very least Qld (Mal at least seemed to realise that he deserved his spot).

Last edited:
Croker is no NRL quality and is where he belongs in our development squad . I am with Des on this one . Trent had no idea

I dont think he was given a chance by Baz to play his game. Just used as a link. Maybe Baz wanted to ease him in to FG, maybe Croker doesn't have more to offer. I doubt we will ever know now.

He is a real tough kid though, and you cant teach that.

But you resemble a 20yo that has just been booted from the pub throwing windmills at everyone and yet not connecting with one chin. Sure a few make contact below the belt but not one killer blow. Go home, Have a sleep and you will feel better in the morning young man.

Thanks for that .... you have really added to the debate of the use of the bench ..... I have noticed however not one of the punchies has disputed my point about Des's use of the bench with me ..... just thrown personal barbs in place of having any intelligent recourse ...... you fit right in ..

I dont think he was given a chance by Baz to play his game. Just used as a link. Maybe Baz wanted to ease him in to FG, maybe Croker doesn't have more to offer. I doubt we will ever know now.

He is a real tough kid though, and you cant teach that.
Many tough NRL players did not have the ability to excel in the NRL . If it was just all about toughness most of the pub bouncer boofheads including my self would make it in the NRL . To excel in the NRL one must posses a high level of skill to be competitive and the NRL level was out of Crokers depth in my view and our head coach believes this also as he demoted Croker to our development squad . Will he ever be NRL quality ? Time will tell.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4