Bye Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I have no inside information ... but here is an alternate view ..... albiet a more considered and reasonable one ...

1) He resigned when it became clear that Penn was not going to make the changes he felt were necessary .... as he was legally obliged to give 12 months notice he did so at the earliest moment .... to have waited til the end of the year and then given 12 months notice would have been more distruptive .... he would still have to be paid for 12 months but that would have given the club no chance to get a replacement coach for 2019 ... The fact that he kept quite about his resignation until Zorba announced it months later indicates to me that he had hoped that his resignation would force Penn into opening the cheque book .... he underestimated Penn's ability to kill all opposition .....

2) A person of character resigns when they feel that they are unable to do their job for whatever the reason .... he did not have to have a plan becuase he was legally entitled to be paid for 12 months notice during which he would have ample time to consider his future ... nothing idiotic about it ....

Give it a rest Woodsie. Its so obvious you must be related to Barrett its nauseating.

But that has nothing to do with why he resigned. People are speculating. That's all mate. He wanted better conditions, amenities and surroundings for our boys, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I think The Penn's should have done more. Promised less. CEO after CEO. Something is wrong.

Barretts total loss of the teams ability to win games of footy is a big part of his resignation.

The rest is just bullsht...he was failing as a coach, and badly.

Any perceived issues re: amenities and facilities is more bullsht to paper over his coaching inability.

And I am no Penn lover, quite the opposite.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.39.14 pm.png

Seriously anyone defending tb needs to have a good hard look at themselves
Joke of coach who was way over his head in coaching our team, he lead us to one of our worse seasons ever as a club, had his own players thinking him more as friend than a coach and over saw this ridiculous drinking culture we now have in our playing group.

Des is now our main man and he will not cop any crap from anyone.
While I still believe 2V’s would of been a better choice , I will support Des because he gets this proud club I love not the imposter that was Trent.

I say good riddance to the bloke.

All respect my friend, but all of that is conjecture, rumour and innuendo that none of us really know about. I've heard people claim it, I've heard people refute it, so without know any certainty, the debate is really a matter of guess work.

If Barrett were winning games and we made it to a G.F., everyone would be singing his praises. Because he struggled (for various reasons), he's getting everyone's ire, and he's secretly making deals behind everyone's back.

I personally asked the source involved, and it was outright denied, 3 times.

Will agree to disagree as I have heard from another source that this was the case (which is part of the issue here I guess)

I am sure that as he deposits his approx $9000 chegue each week ... he spares a moment to give a flying fuk what you think .....

You may, for some wonderful reason have said ...No Mr Penn, you keep the $500,000 you owe me ..... but I think the vast majority of people whose brains work ..... would have done the same as Baz.

Pss .... I can't remember ... were you one of the dribblers that announced with absolute conviction that it was a fact he only resigned because he already had another job lined up .....

Hi Baz

EofL .... You seem to be sensible ... apart from the fact you live in London .... so I will explain to you that @Ryan and I have not, repeat have not in nearly 2675 posts, at any stage defended Baz's coaching record .... that fact appears to be completely lost on many people because to any point made they answer with the inane .. "but yeah, he can't coach" .....

Any cursory glance through my posts will clearly show that what I have defended him against are the more ridiculous and slanderous accusations of some type of conspiratorical machinations ..... this clear and obvious distinction is some how unable to be understood by many of the punters .... or simply unpalatable to people who simply want to invent scenarios and then abuse Baz for being quilty of what they themselves have just dreamed up .....

Thanks Trent

Wtf is this thread about?

No longer our coach, no longer our problem. The guy couldn't coach and the experiment is done with.

Let's move on, we have trials to sort out and maybe a silvertails get together.

Anyone remember the video of Trent trying to explain defence as a coach when Gould discussed his merits?

That should have been enoughz to make up our minds. We all tried to convince ourselves it was the right thing and it clearly never was and thus it's behind us......move on

No longer our coach, no longer our problem. The guy couldn't coach and the experiment is done with.

Anyone remember the video of Trent trying to explain defence as a coach when Gould discussed his merits?

That should have been enoughz to make up our minds. We all tried to convince ourselves it was the right thing and it clearly never was and thus it's behind us......move on
Yes some on here were against trent from day one ( well before he was Official) and were shot down by regulary, but now it seems everyone was 20/20 hindsight.

How did you feel after we won 56-0 in our second game of the season (against Parra) and after coming 6th overall the season before?

Tell you what, he was outstanding according to most at that point, and he got an extension (maybe before that, not sure of the timing)

People are probably questioning who I asked about Barrett, but I asked Phil Gould directly, and he told me I was 100% off the mark, and when I questioned that, suggesting that it was heard from various sources, including some at the club (remembering people's comments on here about Gorman), Gould blocked me.
Sometimes Ryan you fail to look at the big Picture . The one that puts things in perspective and tells the whole story
1. Your 56 -0 win against the wooden spooners . The big picture was that we finished the season just 2 points above the wooden spooners who reversed that 56-0 loss in to their biggest win of the season against us by 44 - 10 . The eels could no win a match that year and they scored 7 tries against CoCo boys team .
2. 6th overall the season before . The big picture was that CoCo boys team was lucky to make the semis as they continued to have defensive issues being the 3rd worst defensive team of the year and this showed up in our first and only elimination game against the panthers .
3.You fail to see the biggest picture of all as Co Co boys progress into his 3rd season was Regress . After 3 years he failed to learn anything and provide anything to his team as his team continued to be the worst defensive team in the NRL and one of the most underwhelming season ever narrowingly avoiding the wooden spoon
You call this outstanding ? I call this mediocre .
As for Gould . He has even gone cold on the Gardener .

I love this forum as it gives us all the opportunity to have our say and I hope we can all show our support and contribution by not forgetting to join the Silvertails tipping comp for the new NRL season.
********* Any one that can afford the Internet and a PC or smart phone and log on to this site should be able to afford 48 cents a week . NO EXCUSES !!! ************

I have no time for Trent Barrett like people with EXCUSES . Excuses make no progression in life . If Dan did not pull his finger out of his ass then there would be no forum for us to enjoy and we should support him . We are all part of a community here and we should all contribute . Its a Manly thing to do

@Dan Please inform when we can start joining the Silvertails comp and support and contribute to this great forum of ours .

images.png
images.png
images.png

No I haven't seen the vid.
Would it still be out there to put up?
I reckon it'd be like John hewson and the GST cake...

Yes some on here were against trent from day one ( well before he was Official) and were shot down by regulary, but now it seems everyone was 20/20 hindsight.
We need a thread where we resurrect our favourite "told you so" Trent posts. Here's one of mine:

https://silvertails.net/threads/best-way-barrett-can-win-the-fans.51148/page-2#post-875800

The ONLY way he can win the fans is by winning.
I never liked him as a player and never really thought of him as a winner. I've joked about it before, but I seriously can't look at him without seeing Nathan Brown slap him across the face. And the push-ups on the bar in his undies will always stay with me, much like Brad Fittler (as coach) fining himself for getting pissed after a game.
My wife's a Cowboys fan, and when it looked like Barrett was going to be appointed the Cowboys head coach, I thought it was hilarious. I stopped laughing when they named him as the coach of Manly. I never bought the "one of the best young coaches in the game" sell because it was never based on results. His record with the Panthers under-20s was terrible. His record with us hasn't been much better.
But despite all of that, I still think he deserves a decent chance. And I'm willing to overlook all of it if he gets us winning games. That's all he has to do. And I wish him luck.

And even further back in 2015:

https://silvertails.net/threads/matty-ballin.46208/page-13#post-718537

Unless he gets us to a grand final - and quickly - he won't be a popular coach. He's got no goodwill to bank on and, if it really is a results-driven business like Designer Beard Boy and his sidekick The Greek Who Ate Manhattan consistently tell us, he'll need to get results fast. Seriously, I almost feel for the guy. He's on a hiding to nothing.

Anyway, as Dan said above, he had his chance and the experiment is over. Now it's time for Des to win back our love.

Most importantly...when is the Silvertails get t

Baz' Staff
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/11/04/new-manly-coaching-department-unveiled/

Football Operations Consultant - Bob Fulton
Talent Scout/Recruitments - Scott Fulton

01) Head Coach – Trent Barrett
02) Assistant Coach/Recruitment Manager – John Cartwright
03) Assistant Coach - Anthony Seibold
04) Head of Physical Performance – Dan Ferris
05) Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach - Luke O’Donnell
06) Football Operations Manager – Charlie Haggett
07) Head Trainer – Alex Ross
08) Head Physiotherapist – Andre Rickenbach
09) Physiotherapist - Chris Bailey
10) Video Analyst - Will Badel
11) Chief Medical Officer – Dr Luke Inman
12) Rehab Coach – Cameron Ferguson
13) NSW Cup Coach & Education & Welfare Manager – Luke Williamson
14) Under 20s Coach & Development Squad Conditioner - Chad Randall
---

Talent Scout/Recruitments - Noel Cleal

01) Head Coach – Des Hasler
02) Assistant Coach/Recruitment Manager – John Cartwright
03) Assistant Coach - Chad Randall
04) Head of Physical Performance – Don Singe
05) Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach - Matt Randall
06) Football Operations Manager – John Bonasera
07) Head Trainer –
08) Head Physiotherapist –
09) Physiotherapist -
10) Video Analyst -
11) Chief Medical Officer -
12) Rehab Coach –
13) Pathways Manager – Michael Monaghan
14) Flegg Coach & Development Squad Conditioner - Matt Ballin

This from the sharks website:

"If only we were the Broncos/Storm/Roosters - this would have been swept under the rug by now.
But as it seems to be with the NRL, it depends on the club in-which the matter relates as to how the NRL and media will handle it, and the severity of the punishment. Some are just more protected than others. We are easy targets."

They must have been on Silvertails recently @:cool:

With Booze Rothfield in their corner I’m surprised they don’t feel like the media are usually good to them

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8