Bye Trent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Woodsie and Ryan... You guys crack me up.

Let's compare Trents record with one of his contemporaries. A coach and man manager delt just as many curve balls as the Messiah TB

EofL .... You seem to be sensible ... apart from the fact you live in London .... so I will explain to you that @Ryan and I have not, repeat have not in nearly 2675 posts, at any stage defended Baz's coaching record .... that fact appears to be completely lost on many people because to any point made they answer with the inane .. "but yeah, he can't coach" .....

Any cursory glance through my posts will clearly show that what I have defended him against are the more ridiculous and slanderous accusations of some type of conspiratorical machinations ..... this clear and obvious distinction is some how unable to be understood by many of the punters .... or simply unpalatable to people who simply want to invent scenarios and then abuse Baz for being quilty of what they themselves have just dreamed up .....

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Seems to me that Barrett signed up to be a puppet then tried to cut the strings, made a mess of everything (because he was nowhere near ready to be a first grade coach) then pulled the pin when he was out of his depth.

I have no issues with him resigning, I'm glad he's leaving. But I'm glad Penn didn't pay him out only for him to go take another position.
It is not a case of which position that Trent could have taken . It is more of a case which club would take him ? Even his greatest supporter Gould had gone cold on him and the sharks rumour was diabolical . The failed rookie had no runs on the board to take over the troubled sharks .
I ask........ what has Trent contributed to our club ? I say with great conviction...... fck all !

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
So you can create your own facts and slander and demean the character of Penn based on your own fanciful opinion... But others...

Good point ... I shouldn't do that .... glad to see you agree ...

In future I will leave any opinion of Penn to be given by Max Delemege, Quantum, Eagles Angels, 3 former CEO's, countless ex-staff, the FC members, Geoff Toovey (though he is too much of a gentleman) and Dessies memoirs .....

Ryan

Journey Man
So nothing to do with the job opportunity that was being discussed with him at Penrith at the same time? Nothing about the cynical nature of resigning to try force the clubs hand so he could take said opportunity?

The Penn family have made a heap of mistakes but the whole “not up to scratch standards” line is some of the biggest bull I have heard

All respect my friend, but all of that is conjecture, rumour and innuendo that none of us really know about. I've heard people claim it, I've heard people refute it, so without know any certainty, the debate is really a matter of guess work.

If Barrett were winning games and we made it to a G.F., everyone would be singing his praises. Because he struggled (for various reasons), he's getting everyone's ire, and he's secretly making deals behind everyone's back.

I personally asked the source involved, and it was outright denied, 3 times.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Thank goodness.

If you're willing to do that than as a peace offering I will leave any opinion on Baz to the coaching record books, Jackson Hastings, Hodkinson (who was made to play bench utility), Walker (who was forced to play 5/8th), our 17th man (who more often than not didn't make it on the field), the commentators (who were forced to sit through games where Manly had zero gameplan) and Phil Gould and Buzz who know him more intimately than any others are they are the people he runs to when he has big boy problems.

I'm bored now.

Go Manly. Bring on 2019.
At the end of the day and most importantly CoCo boy will be judged on what contribution he has made to the Manly Warringah Sea eagles club and the answer is fck all .

HoldenV8

Journey Man
If Barrett were winning games and we made it to a G.F., everyone would be singing his praises. Because he struggled (for various reasons), he's getting everyone's ire, and he's secretly making deals behind everyone's back.

While his failures are definitely part of it, I think a much bigger part of why most Manly fans have turned against Barrett is the way he did things in 2018. Leaving aside the actual coaching side of things and the problems he had with some of the squad, he went to one of Manly's biggest haters in the media and whinged his arse off about the club. And not only that, but he did exactly the same thing with Gould who isn't just a media commentator, he's the CEO of a rival club for crying out loud.

Barrett's dug his own hole. As Bill Lawry once said on air to Tony Greig......you dig a hole, you fill it up mate.

Last edited:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Said it before, Barrett lost me completely after the Dragons game last season.
I had backed the guy until then, but he proved once and for all that day that he was completely clueless as a head coach, tactically and as a manager of young men.

All the rest of the drama is just bull**** and dressing.

The only thing that matters is that the guy simply cannot be a Head Coach, and we should all be happy that he wont be plying his "trade" (lol) at Manly anymore.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
While his failures are definitely part of it, I think a much bigger part of why most Manly fans have turned against Barrett is the way he did things in 2018. Leaving aside the actual coaching side of things and the problems he had with some of the squad, he went to one of Manly's biggest haters in the media and whinged his arse off about how the club. And not only that, but he did exactly the same thing with Gould who isn't just a media commentator, he's the CEO of a rival club for crying out loud.

Barrett's dug his own hole. As Bill Lawry once said on air to Tony Greig......you dig a hole, you fill it up mate.
Well said mate and it clearly seems that the Majority of the Manly faithful have spoken . Trent was a Manly disaster .
Yes feathered friends Some things were never meant to be and CoCo boy was not Manly .

Ryan

Journey Man
Said it before, Barrett lost me completely after the Dragons game last season.
I had backed the guy until then, but he proved once and for all that day that he was completely clueless as a head coach, tactically and as a manager of young men.

All the rest of the drama is just bull**** and dressing.

The only thing that matters is that the guy simply cannot be a Head Coach, and we should all be happy that he wont be plying his "trade" (lol) at Manly anymore.

How did you feel after we won 56-0 in our second game of the season (against Parra) and after coming 6th overall the season before?

Tell you what, he was outstanding according to most at that point, and he got an extension (maybe before that, not sure of the timing)

People are probably questioning who I asked about Barrett, but I asked Phil Gould directly, and he told me I was 100% off the mark, and when I questioned that, suggesting that it was heard from various sources, including some at the club (remembering people's comments on here about Gorman), Gould blocked me.

Ralphie

Bencher
Of course you are entitled to your own opinion .... you're just not entitled to your own facts ....

To me it highlights the type of person you are, that you continue to slander and demean the character of a person you don't know simply based on your biased and fanciful opinion .....
Wow, “your own facts” is otherwise referred to as subjective opinion and is what this forum is 100% about and that is a fact.

47MVEagle

Bencher
How did you feel after we won 56-0 in our second game of the season (against Parra) and after coming 6th overall the season before?

Tell you what, he was outstanding according to most at that point, and he got an extension (maybe before that, not sure of the timing)

People are probably questioning who I asked about Barrett, but I asked Phil Gould directly, and he told me I was 100% off the mark, and when I questioned that, suggesting that it was heard from various sources, including some at the club (remembering people's comments on here about Gorman), Gould blocked me.

Phil Gould has told plenty of barefaced lies in the media, what makes you think he's going to tell punters on social media the truth?

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

You must have missed the opening paragraph of my post you quoted, where I clearly stated that I backed Barrett until the Saints game last season.
This included the 2017 seasons, and Round 2 in 2018....I cant be any clearer about when my personal support for Barrett evaporated.

My care factor of Gould on Twitter/Facebook/etc in 0%. The guy has been proven to lie outright when it suits him....as he should, to further his clubs interests.

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
I am sure that as he deposits his approx $9000 chegue each week ... he spares a moment to give a flying fuk what you think .....

You may, for some wonderful reason have said ...No Mr Penn, you keep the $500,000 you owe me ..... but I think the vast majority of people whose brains work ..... would have done the same as Baz.

Pss .... I can't remember ... were you one of the dribblers that announced with absolute conviction that it was a fact he only resigned because he already had another job lined up .....

Still got a man crush haven't you Woodsie? Stop dribbling your fawning over Barrett is bad as Fluffy.

Ryan

Journey Man
You must have missed the opening paragraph of my post you quoted, where I clearly stated that I backed Barrett until the Saints game last season.
This included the 2017 seasons, and Round 2 in 2018....I cant be any clearer about when my personal support for Barrett evaporated.

My care factor of Gould on Twitter/Facebook/etc in 0%. The guy has been proven to lie outright when it suits him....as he should, to further his clubs interests.

Sorry mate, the Gould thing was more generic than in response to you. I was just affirming where I got the news from, because everyone is so cynical these days.

BUT, in regards to Barrett, I agree with you, you know, in regards to mistakes he made while coaching. Some of his team selections infuriated me. His support staff selections infuriated me. Some of our non-addressed defensive issues annoyed me.

But that has nothing to do with why he resigned. People are speculating. That's all mate. He wanted better conditions, amenities and surroundings for our boys, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I think The Penn's should have done more. Promised less. CEO after CEO. Something is wrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17