Brown-Harper player swap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How did Brown get a tough guy reputation? Stomped a guy in the balls once.

He's been through three clubs in ten years. Funny how even in his tough guy 'prime' no clubs keep him. Pass.

I don't know and maybe not so much last season, but from games that ive seen him play , he's pretty impressive on the defence and always comes up as a player talked about from coaches to commentary before a game . We no longer have that Watmough hitman and if Brown can be 50% of what he was , he'll do me . He's an aggressive buggar and our pack needs that .
I love the thought of some ST members who think Brown is the answer to Manly’s needs of a hard man and a player the opposition fear and avoid running at

I don't know and maybe not so much last season, but from games that ive seen him play , he's pretty impressive on the defence and always comes up as a player talked about from coaches to commentary before a game . We no longer have that Watmough hitman and if Brown can be 50% of what he was , he'll do me . He's an aggressive buggar and our pack needs that .
Probably a fair comment
Brown is no saviour or world beater, but he can potentially add something, which makes this deal a good 1 for Manly if comes through...and also agree with others not as tough as made out to be....but at least he tries to be aggressive at times which is a step up from our timid pack in recent times.

Probably a fair comment
Brown is no saviour or world beater, but he can potentially add something, which makes this deal a good 1 for Manly if comes through...and also agree with others not as tough as made out to be....but at least he tries to be aggressive at times which is a step up from our timid pack in recent times.
100% agree no world beater but will add some aggression for sure .
Probably a fair comment
100% agree no world beater but will add some aggression for sure.

.but at least he tries to be aggressive at times which is a step up from our timid pack in recent times.
Timid packs are led by nice guys that are passive aggresive

Nathan can bring in the intimidating grub on the green at 4 pines park

I have never seen Jake exhibit Aggressive Intimidation like this

Last edited:

You're right.

Jake has a ridiculous level of tackle efficiency. If Jake had been there to tackle he would have got RCG down and be getting up himself.

This highlight reel tackle is a bees d!ck away from being a missed tackle. If RCG had of kept his balance and continued running, there would now be a big gap in the defensive line. I'm sure you look at the many other examples of Brown tackles they wouldn't look so good.

I don’t know on this one, I’ve never been a fan of the bloke, but he can offer something

This “hard arse, aggression” talk though is nonsense. He would be coming here and carrying Keppies gear bag around, because he is Keppies bitch. The day Fulton passed Sean went at him, and he couldn’t handle it and lost his head completely

Calling Brown a tough guy, is an insult to many tough guys of the past
I was thinking about this game and the very same fact, Keppie absolutely destroyed him that day so much so Browne didn’t want to go anywhere near the ball, in fact I’d go so far as to say Browne never really recovered from that experience.

Exactly and we need someone who is going to stand up for our halves if they are getting targeted. We have been lacking that for so long

You're right.

Jake has a ridiculous level of tackle efficiency. If Jake had been there to tackle he would have got RCG down and be getting up himself.

This highlight reel tackle is a bees d!ck away from being a missed tackle. If RCG had of kept his balance and continued running, there would now be a big gap in the defensive line. I'm sure you look at the many other examples of Brown tackles they wouldn't look so good.

,I am not talking about passive aggressive clean skin tackling technique efficiencies and Jake scores 10 out of 10 in that but like every one else Jake has room for improvement in other areas

I am talking about the psychological winning warfare where aggressive Intimidating leaders lift their team and put the opposition off their game
Our passive Pack led by Jake became known as the flat track bullies pack that had no Intimidating measures what so ever and The Fact is if your pack does not fight fire with fire your team is well and truly fcked

Have another look at the very aggressive and angry Animated and Intimidating aura that Brown generates and lift his team and his supporters right after he pulverizes RCG and then pushes his head down for good measure . The Passive aggressive Jake is too much of a nice guy to do intimidating stuff like that and he leads our pack by example

,I am not talking about passive aggressive clean skin tackling technique efficiencies and Jake scores 10 out of 10 in that but like every one else Jake has room for improvement in other areas

I am talking about the psychological winning warfare where aggressive Intimidating leaders lift their team and put the opposition off their game
Our passive Pack led by Jake became known as the flat track bullies pack that had no Intimidating measures what so ever and The Fact is if your pack does not fight fire with fire your team is well and truly fcked

Have another look at the very aggressive and angry Animated and Intimidating aura that Brown generates and lift his team and his supporters right after he pulverizes RCG and then pushes his head down for good measure . The Passive aggressive Jake is too much of a nice guy to do intimidating stuff like that and he leads our pack by example
I understand what you are saying. Where I differ in opinion is that he creates any real fear in any opposition. Against weaker teams, yeah sure he may get the odd hit that looks great in a highlight reel. But does he bring about the same aura and dominating intensity that JWH, Asofa-Solomona, or Fisher Harris does. Those three would be arguably the three biggest apex predators in the comp. Although I'm certain that Brown may have the desire to be a bad ass enforcer, but he simply isn't big enough, strong enough, tough enough, fast enough etc (I'm sure you get the point) to make a real dent in first grade.

He makes all the right noises, makes some facial expressions like he's angry, and carries on like he won a WWE match from time to time, but he simply doesn't intimidate any team who opposes him with any real toughness. Add to this that he's a penalty magnet and has some form for foul play suspension.

Keppie exposed what happens to Brown every time he plays against a match hardened team (and at the time from memory we were travelling okay). He runs out and tries to be aggressive. The other team, being us on that particular occasion, digs their heels in a little and Brown goes whimpering away for the remainder of the match.

He's a myth.

We've got a lot of good youngsters coming through. A lot of kids who have played together throughout their lives. A group who are not all that dissimilar to a group of players who came through for Penrith only a few short years ago. If we are going to tamper with the group, it had best be for the purpose of winning premierships. If so we need to do so by buying or developing premiership winning players. Not by purchasing busted players with minimal upside.

I understand where you are coming from feathered friend but I see it differently which makes our forum more interesting

Keppies one match wonder does not define what happens to players when they are tested by a hardened team as Brown was consistently tested over the years and proved worthy to represent his state on two occasions
Playing for your State is an honor and not a Myth .

I know we have a lot of great young forwards coming though and I am all super excited and all for it
What is exciting about The Brown possible signing to me is the intimidating grub on the green culture he can bring that our passive pack lacked last season

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from feathered friend but I see it differently which makes our forum more interesting

Keppies one match wonder does not define what happens to players when they are tested by a hardened team as Brown was consistently tested over the years and proved worthy to represent his state on two occasions
Playing for your State is an honor and not a Myth .

I know we have a lot great young forwards coming though and I am all super excited and all for it
What is exciting about The Brown possible signing to me is then intimidating grub on the green culture he can bring that our passive pack lacked last season
Fair enough mate. Lets hope if he does come along that he adds some value, and that it somehow cripples the Eels roster!

I rate MorgZ and think he's copped it unfairly because of fhat horror sharks games last year. But our forward pack lacks a real bastard and I think Brown could be that missing link.

I rate MorgZ and think he's copped it unfairly because of fhat horror sharks games last year. But our forward pack lacks a real bastard and I think Brown could be that missing link.
Or he could just be another Josh Alloy-Ay.

I tend to agree though, Brown will have something to prove.

But somehow, if that injury last night was serious, I don’t think Morgan will be swapped.

Glad to see most people in here in agreement. Brown gives off a tough guy impression but more often than not he runs hard at the opposition and is put straight back on his arse. Also likes laying down for penalties. There’s a reason Parra dropped him last year and he didn’t change anything for them when they brought him back for the GF out of desperation.

I wouldn’t take him over any of our forwards and wouldn’t even trade Harper with an ACL injury for him. Already loving things without Taupau and we certainly don’t need to add another slow, washed up forward into the mix.

Glad to see most people in here in agreement. Brown gives off a tough guy impression but more often than not he runs hard at the opposition and is put straight back on his arse. Also likes laying down for penalties. There’s a reason Parra dropped him last year and he didn’t change anything for them when they brought him back for the GF out of desperation.

I wouldn’t take him over any of our forwards and wouldn’t even trade Harper with an ACL injury for him. Already loving things without Taupau and we certainly don’t need to add another slow, washed up forward into the mix.
Agreed. It’s a Peter Peters no from me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4